- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Liquefaction Hazard Map Based on in Pohang Under Based on Earthquake Scenarios
지진시나리오 기반의 포항지역 액상화위험도 작성 연구
- Received : 2018.02.28
- Accepted : 2018.04.26
- Published : 2018.04.30
The The purpose of this study is to investigate the actual liquefaction occurrence site in Pohang area and to analyze the ground characteristics of Pohang area using the data of the National Geotechnical Information DB Center and to calculate the liquefaction potential index. Based on the results, the distribution of soil classification in Pohang area and the risk of liquefaction under various earthquake accelerations were prepared. As a result of the study, soils in Pohang has the soil characteristics that can cause the site amplification phenomenon. In the analysis through liquefaction hazard maps under earthquake scenarios, it is found that the liquefaction occurred in the area of Heunghae town is more likely to be liquefied than other areas in Pohang. From these results, it is expected that the study on the preparation of liquefaction hazard maps will contribute to the preparation of countermeasures against liquefaction by predicting the possibility in the future.
Liquefaction potential index;Distribution of soil type in Pohang;Liquefaction hazard map in Pohang
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety. Pohang Earthquake Response Overall Assesment Conference. c2018 Feb 7.
- Youd TL, Perkins DM. Mapping of Liquefaction Severity Index. J Geot. Eng. ASCE. 1987;113:1374-1392. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1987)113:11(1374)
- Heidari T, Andrus RD. Mapping Liquefaction Potential of Aged Soil Deposits in Mount Pleasant South Carolina. Eng. Geolo. 2010;112 (1-4):1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2010.02.001
- Iwasaki et al. Soil Liquefaction Potential Evaluation with Use of the Simplified Procedure. First Int. conf., Geot. Earthq. Eng. Soil Dyn. 1981 Apr;26:209-214.
- Kawk CW. A Study on the Liquefaction Microzonation at Reclaimed Ports and Harbors in Korea. MS thesis., Yonsei Univ. 2002:20-81
- Koo TJ. Development of Mapping of Liquefaction Hazard Considering Various Ground Condition in Korea. MS thesis., Seokyeong National Univ. c2010.
- Eurocode 8: Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance Part 1: General Rules, Seismic Actions and Rules for Building. c2005.
- Ha IS, Jung MS. A Case Study on Liquefaction Occurred During the Pohang Earthquake. Proc. EESK conf. 2018 Mar;23:15-16.
- Sun CK, Jeong CK, Kim DS. A Proposition of Site Coefficients and Site Classification System for Design Ground Motions at Inland of the Korean Peninsula. J KGS. 2005;21(6):101-115.
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety. Enforcement Decree of the Earthquake and Volcano Disaster Countermeasure, Paragraph (2) in Aticle 10. c2017 Mar 29.
- Port and Harbour Research Institute. Handbook on Liquefaction Remediation of Reclaimed Land. 248.
- Technical Committee for Earthquake Geothenical. Engineering. TC4, ISSMGE. Manual for Zonation on Seismic Geotechnical Hazards. 1999: 72-99.
- Choi JS. A Proposal on Micro and Macro Mapping Methods for Liquefaction Hazard in Korea. J of KDS. 2016:207-215.
- Iwasaki T, Tatsuoka K, Tokida, F, Yasuda S. A Practical Method for Assessing Soil Liquefaction Potential Based on Case Studies at Various Sites in Japan, Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. Microz. NSF. UNESCO, San Francisco. 1978;2:885-896.
- Seed HB, Tokimatsu K, Harder LF. Influence of SPT Procedures in Soil Liquefaction Resistance Evaluation. J Geot. Eng. ASCE. 1985;111(12):1425-1445. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1985)111:12(1425)
Supported by : 행정안전부