- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Seismic Damage to RC Low-rise Building Structures Having Irregularities at the Ground Story During the 15 November 2017 Pohang, Korea, Earthquake
2017.11.15. 포항 흥해지진의 저층 RC 비틀림 비정형 건축물의 피해 및 손상 특성
- Received : 2018.02.20
- Accepted : 2018.03.07
- Published : 2018.04.30
This study examines the seismic failure of RC low-rise building structures having irregularities at the ground story during the 15 November 2017 Pohang, Korea, earthquake,
Seismic design Seismic damage;Torsion;Irregularity;Pohang earthquake;Reinforced concrete;Low-rise building
- Lee HS, Lee KB, Hwang KR, Cho CS. Shake-table Responses of an RC Low-rise Building Model Strengthened with Buckling Restrained Braces at Ground Story. Earthquakes & Structures. 2013;5(6):703-731. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2013.5.6.703
- Lee HS, Hwang KR. Torsion Design Implications from Shake-table Responses of an RC Low-rise Building Model Having Irregularities at the Ground Story. Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics. 2015;44:907-927. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.2492
- Sezen H, Moehle JP. Seismic Tests of Concrete Columns with Light Transverse Reinforcement. ACI Structural Journal. 2006 Nov 1;103 (6):842.
- ACI. Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete, ACI 318M-14, American Concrete Institute. Farmington Hills, MI. c2014.
- Wallace JW, Massone LM, Bonelli P, Dragovich J, Lagos R, Lüders C, Moehle J. Damage and Implications for Seismic Design of RC Structural Wall Buildings. Earthquake Spectra. 2012 Jun;28(S1): S281-99. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.4000047
- Shegay AV, Motter CJ, Henry RS, Elwood KJ. A Database for Investigating NZS3101 Structural Wall Provisions. In 10th Pacific Conference in Earthquake Engineering (10PCEE) 2015 Nov 6.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). FEMA 454: Designing for earthquakes - a manual for architects. 2006. Washington, D.C., USA. c2006.
- Lee HS, Jung DW, Lee KB, Kim HC, Lee K. Shake-table responses of a low-rise RC building model having irregularities at first story. Structural Engineering & Mechanics. 2011;40(4):517-539. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2011.40.4.517
- AIK. Korean Building Code. KBC 2016, Architectural Institute of Korea. c2016.
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety. Report of earthquake occurrence and coping situation in Pohang, Gyeongbuk: 2017 Dec 8 [Internet]. Available from: http://www.mois.go.kr/frt/bbs/type001/commonSelectBoardArticle.do?bbsId=BBSMSTR_000000000336&nttId=60979
- Cho JH. OhmyNews: 2017 Nov 18 [Internet]. Available from: http://m.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/Mobile/img_pg.aspx?CNTN_CD=IE002247670&atcd=A0002377980#myModalLabel
- Kim SJ. Building Damage Investigation after the November 2017 Pohang, Korea, Earthquake. Concrete and Seismic Engineering Laboratory (CSEL). Department of Architectural Engineering, Keimyung University.
- AIK. Korean Building Code. KBC 2009, Architectural Institute of Korea. c2009.
- SBS. Columns in the Piloti Story Broken in Three Seconds (News): 2017 Nov 17 [Internet]. Available from: https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1004488877&plink=SEARCH&cooper=SBSNEWSSEARCH
- Chung LL. Policy on Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of School Buildings and Low-rise Buildings (non-seismic design) in Taiwan. Forum in Improving policies and regulations through lessons learned from the 2017 Pohang Earthquake, Structural Performance Enhancement research Center. 2018 Feb 26; Seoul, Korea. Available from: https://youtu.be/EbvQlotZK_4
- AIK. Korean Building Code. KBC 2005, Architectural Institute of Korea. c2005.
- Jeong SH. Summary of 2017 Pohang Earthquake (2017.11.15., ML=5.4). 2017 Special Forum of EESK: Pohang earthquake and building damage: 2017 Nov 27; Seoul, Korea. c2017.
Supported by : 한국연구재단