- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Optimum Amount of Contrast Media in Brain Angiography
뇌 혈관검사 시 적정 조영제량에 관한 연구
- Kim, Gyoo-Hyung (Department of Radiology, MyongJi Hospital) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Glocal industry University cooperation Department, Sun Moon University)
- Received : 2018.03.29
- Accepted : 2018.04.19
- Published : 2018.04.30
Recently, the use of contrast agents has been increasing as a broader range of tests and dynamic tests have become common due to the development of equipment and imaging techniques such as Multi-Detector CT. However, the side effects of using contrast agents have been reduced by the development of non-ionic contrast agents, but they are still occurring often. The purpose of this study was to propose a method to minimize the side effect of contrast agent by using the amount of contrast agent injected to the brain angiography test to suppress excessive use of contrast agent and analyze the amount of contrast agent. Patients who were prescribed Brain Angiography due to cerebrovascular disease, According to the results of the comparison of the results obtained by dividing into 4 groups of 10ml each according to the amount of contrast medium injected with contrast agent according to the BMI of the patient, BA and SNR were not different between groups, and even if the amount of contrast injection was reduced, there was no problem in the evaluation of CT angiography through 3D reconstruction. This result shows that even if the contrast medium is injected into the blood vessels of the patient first and then the contrast medium is used as the physiological saline solution, the contrast medium is reduced by 40% it can be expected to minimize.
- Yang WS, Shin SG. Consideration of Adverse Reaction to MDCT Contrast Media: Journal Korean Society Radiology. 2012; 35(1):51-57.
- Kwon KS. Analysis of Adverse Reactions to CT Contrast Medium: Department of Clinical Nursing The Graduate School of Industrial Technology, University of Ulsan. 2004.
- Kim YD. The side effect of contrast media and its related factors in contrast enhanced computed tomography:Department of public health Graduate School, Chonnam National University. 2005.
- Lee SJ, Park Y, Jeong DH, Ock SH, Hwang HJ, Yim HS. A Study on the usefulness of Dilution of Contrast Media in CT Examinations: Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2011; 13(2):161-67.
- Kil MK, Chung JY, Kim JH. Evaluation of quality as reduction of contrast volume in Neck angiography by MDCT. Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2008; 10(1):21-25.
- Kim JH, Chung JY, Kim KH. Reduction of Contrast Volume in Head Angiography by MDCT. Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2008; 10(1):117-21.
- Kim YK, Kim MS, Lee SY, Lee JM, Lee HS, Jeong JS, et al. Comparison of the contrast effect of the amount and iodine concentration of CT contrast agent: Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2014; 16(2):181-87.
- Kim EJ, Lee KB. Comparative study on optimal noise index and radiation dose according to body weight versus body mass index(BMI) in abdomen pelvis CT:Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2017; 19(2):27-34.
- Dae CM, Yim HS, Kim MG, Oh MG, Lee YW. A Study on the Reduction of Contrast Agent Usage Using the Specific Gravity of Contrast Agent and Saline:Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 1999; 1(1):88-91.
- Son SY, Kim YS, Choi KW, S SM, Min JW, Yoo BG, et al. A study of contrast agent peak time using biomechanics factors experimental contrast medium infusion test using at contrast enhanced magnetic resonance angiography. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2013;14(2):786-92. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.786
- Jung KK, Lee MW, Cho PK. The Clinical Usefulness Evaluation of Normal Saline Injection in Coronary Artery Computed Tomography Angiography(Coronary CTA).Journal Korean Society Radiology. 2014;37(41):307-13.
- Kang M, Choi NG, Han JB, Kim W, Jang YG, Song JN. Study of Optinum Contrast Medium Quantity During Abdominal CT Using Dual Energy Technique. Journal Korean Society Radiology. 2015; 9(1)9-16.
- Kim SH. A Convergence Study on effectiveness of contrast agent reduction by normal saline solution dilution in the computed tomography of arteries of lower limb. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2015;13(9)431-37
- Kim HJ. Evaluation of radiation dose and image quality between manual and automatic exposure control mode according to body mass index in cardiac CT. Department of Radiological Physics Graduate School of Dongshin University. 2013.
- Kim CK, Heo JY, Ko CS, Bum HN, Seon JB. The study About Injection Time of The Contrast Media at Cardiac CT Angigraphy. Journal of Korean Society of computed Tomographic Technology. 2009; 11(1):53-59.