- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of the Self-understanding on Self-directed learning of Middle students : A Mediating Effect of the Future-Oriented Thinking
중학생의 자기이해가 자기주도 학습에 미치는 관계에서 미래지향적 사고의 매개효과 연구
- Kim, Nam-Jung (Future Generation Institute)
- 김남중 (미래세대연구소)
- Received : 2018.02.14
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The purpose of this study is to examine whether self-understanding influences self-directed learning, and to analyze the mediating effect of future-oriented thinking in the relationship. For this purpose, 240 middle school students in G area were surveyed using self-understanding scale, future-oriented thinking scale, and self-directed learning scale. The structural equation model was used to verify the mediating effect. The main results are as follows. First, self-understanding of middle school students influenced self-directed learning. Second, future-oriented thinking has a complete mediation effect on self-directed learning. As a result of this research, comprehensive implications were suggested for interventions.
Self-understanding;Future-Oriented Thinking;Self-directed Learning;Developmental Perspective;Cognitive development
- Klaus Schwab. (2016). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Seoul: Newpresent, 10-15.
- K. P. Kim. (2016). The Fourth Industrial Revolution and School Education, Journal of Peaceology, 6(2), 62-78.
- Ministry of Education. (2017). 2017 National Assessment of Academic Achievement. http://www.moe.go.kr..
- J. S. Choi & E. A. Park. (2012). Middle school student's self-directed learning in terms of epistemological beliefs. The Journal of Yeolin Education, 20(4), 23-45. DOI : G704-001282/JDC.2012.20.4.014.
- S. H. Jang, Y. H. Min, D. R. Lee & M. Y. Lee. (2014). The Effects of Learning Motivation and Self-Directed Learning Ability on school Adjustment of Elementary School Students. The Journal of Child Education, 23(3), 409-424. DOI : G704-001652/JDC.2014.23.3.003
- J. H. Kang. (2011). A Study on Utilizing SNS to Vitalize Smart Learning. Journal of Digital Convergence, 9(5), 265-274.
- Guglielmino, P. J & Guglielmino, L. M.(2006), Culture, Self-Directed Learning Readiness, and Per Capita Income in Five Countries, Sam Advanced Management Journal, 71(2), 21-28. DOI: 0036-0805/JDC.44949648.
- H. I. Jo & H. Y. Kwon. (2011). Development of Web-based Academic Counseling Program for Middle School Students and Its Effectiveness. Korean Journal of Counseling, 12(5), 1857-1871. DOI: 10.15703/JDC: 12.5.201110.1857. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.12.5.201110.1857
- E. Y. Heo. (2009). The Effects of After-School Self-Directed Learning Program on Middle School Student's Self-Regulated Learning Strategy, Self-Efficacy, Academic Achievement, Middle Education Study, 57(2), 209-234. DOI: 10.25152/JDC: 2009.57.2.209.
- J. S. Kim. (2017). Self-Comprehensive in Art Education and Creativity-Character. Journal of Art Education, 49, 1-22.
- Deweck, C. S. (2008). Self-Theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development. Psychology Press.
- A. Bandura. (1986). Social Foundations of thought and action: A social cognitive theory. Englewood Clffs, New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc.
- N. J. Huh. (2005). An analytical study on the predictability of self-directed learning on learner's variables. PhD. dissertation, Hongik University.
- S. Y. Lee & Y. Y. Kim. (2015). The Effects of Self-efficacy and Self-Directed Learning Readiness to Self-leadership of Nursing Student. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(3), 309-318. DOI: 10.14400/JDC: 2016.14.3.309 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.309
- H. S. Oh. (2017). Influence of learning motivation, communication skill, academic self-efficacy on self-directed learning ability in nursing students, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(8), 311-321. DOI: 10.14400/JDC: 2017.15.8.311 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.311
- D. B. Kim & J. D. Kwon. (2010). Human Behavior and Social Environment, Seoul: Hakjisa, 209-210.
- J. K. Kim, Y. S. Kang, S. W. Ahn, J. K. Park, S. Y. Hwang, J. Y. Kim, H. J. Kang & S. K. Woo. (2013). The Cognitive, Academic, adaptive behavior and emotional-behavioral characteristics of at-risk children and adolescents in Community Child Centers. Korean Council of Physical, Multiple & Health Disabilities, 56(1), 43-64. DOI: 10.20971/JDC: 2013.56.1.43.
- Pintrich, P. P. & DeGroot, E. V. (1990). Motivational and Self-regulated learning component of classroom academic performance. Journal of Educational Pschology, 82, 33-40. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0618.104.22.168
- T. R. Frame, S. M, Cailor, R. J. Gryka, A. M. Chen, M. E. K iersma, L. Sheppard. (2015). Student Perceptions of Team-based Learning vs Traditional Lecture-based Learning. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 79(4), 51-61. https://doi.org/10.5688/ajpe79451
- E. Y. Heo. (2009). The Effects of After-school Self-Directed Learning Program on Middle School Student's Self-Regulated Learning Strategy, Self-Efficacy, Academic Achievement. Middle Education Research, 57(2), 209-234. DOI: 10.25152/JDC : 2009.57.2.209.
- B. S. Kim, H. R. Song & M. J. Kim. (2011). The Development and Effects of Career Decision Making Program for Self-Directed Career Exploration. The Journal of Career Education Research, 24(2), 155-181. DOI: G704-001285/JDC: 2011.24.2.009.
- E. Lim, Y. K. Jeong & K. A. Sang. (2001). A Technical Report for the Career Maturity Inventory, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training.
- E. K. Lee. (2001). A Study on the Effect of Career Development upon the Self-efficient. EWHA Womans University Graduate.
- J. Y. Han. (2008). Study on Validity of SDLRS Instrument for Evaluation of Life-Long Outcome. Engineering Education Study, 11(4), 64-75. DOI: 10.18108/JDC: 2008.11.4.64.
- S. E. Hong. (2000). The Criteria for Selecting Appropriate Fit Indices in Structural Equation Moddeling and Their Rationales, The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, 19(1), 161-177.
- B. Y. Bae. (2011). Structural Equation Modeling - Principles and Practices. Seoul: Chungram,
- K. S. Kim. (2010). Structural Equation Model Analysis. Seoul: Hannarae Academy.