- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on Cross-Platform Search Pattern
크로스 플랫폼에서의 탐색 패턴 연구
- Kim, Hwoi-Kwang (Universial Design, Kangnam University) ;
- Park, Chan-Ik (Multimedia, Chungwoon University)
- Received : 2018.02.12
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
Applications have evolved with the evolution of smartphones, and the search structure is changing as well. In this study, we searched through various cases of cross platform and found out the search pattern and suggested correct usage method accordingly. As a result, the search structure for cross platform can be divided into persistent navigation, temporary navigation, and auxiliary navigation. Persistent navigation is available in a hierarchical structure using springboards, lists, galleries, and top menus. Temporary navigation can take advantage of drawers, toggle menus, and pie menus, while secondary navigation can provide the same experience across platforms using an accordion menu or scrolling.
Cross-platform;Navigation;Smart-phone;Persistent navigation;Temporary navigation;Secondary navigation
- Worldwide smartphone OS Market Share https://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/blog/mobile-market-shares/
- J. Y. Kim. (2012). A study on smart phones uses and flow formation fact ors : from the perspective of user experience design factors. Ihwa womens University, Ph.D. thesis, Seoul.
- J. D. Cho. (2015). Creative Convergence Capstone Design with PBL., Seoul. Hanbit Academy.
- S. Y. Shin & K. S. Jeong. (2015). A Study on Getting the Basic Principles to Apply Safety Design in Public Space -Focused on the Analysis of Public Space Design Guidelines of 4 Cities in Domestic. Korea Design Culture, .21, 281-286.
- Paul Beynon-Davies. (2016). Reeva Lederman, Making sense of visual management through affordance theory, Production Planning & Control, 28(02), 144-152.
- N. Kano. (1984). Attractive Quality and Must-be Quality. Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control. 14(2), 147-156.
- S. J. Yoo, E. B. Choi & H. J. Kim. (2006). An empirical study on the flow experience affected by characteristics of mobile internet. Information systems review, 8(1), 125-139.
- What is responsive web design? https://www.mockplus.com/blog/post/pros-and-cons-of-responsive-web-design
- D. I Hoffman & T. P. Novak. (1996). Marketing in Hypermedia CMEs: Conceptual Foundations. Journal of Marketing, 60(3), 50-68. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- H. K. Kim. (2008). Q Methodology Science philosophy, theory, analysis and application. Seoul. Communication books Publishing.
- S. R Brown. (1980). Political subjectivity: Applications of Q methodology in political science, Newyork. Yale University Press.
- D. I Hoffman & T. P. Novak. (1994). How Big is the Internet?, Newyork. HotWired.
- S. U. Pi & M. S. Lee. (2016). An Exploratory Study on the User Experience of Augmented Reality Advertising. Journal of digital convergence 14(8), 177-183. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.177
- J. Y. Sung. (2016). Developing convergent class model of augmented reality and ar. Journal of digital convergence, 14(5), 85-93. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.85
- D. H. Kim & M. H. Kim. (2015). Design of Mixed reality based edutainment system using cloud service. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(3), 103-109. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.103