- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of drone's moving image on audience's flow, arousal of interest, emotional state
드론의 무빙 영상이 수용자의 몰입도, 흥미유발, 감정상태에 미치는 영향
- Park, Dug-Chun (Dept. of media Communication, Dongseo University)
- 박덕춘 (동서대학교 미디어커뮤니케이션학부)
- Received : 2018.02.06
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
This experimental research explores the effect of drone's moving image on media audience's flow, arousal of interest and emotional state. Most previous researchers of media image effect insisted that camera movement should be abstained in order to give audience the feeling that movement of figures is in the contents story itself. and camera movement also can disturb natural viewing of audience. For the purpose of finding the effect of drone's moving image on media audience's flow, arousal of interest and emotional state, 2 groups of subjects composed of 56 university students were exposed to 2 different video clips, one with moving drone's image, the other with hovering drone's image. After this experiment, Questions which were designed to measure audience's flow, arousal of interest and emotional state were asked and analysed. This research found that subjects exposed to moving drone's image felt more interested and more positive emotional state than subjects exposed to hovering drone's image. However meaningful effect of drone's moving image on audience's flow was not found.
Drone;Moving image;Flow;Arousal of interest;Emotional state
- Fritjof Capra. (1991) The Tao of Physics, 2nd eds. Boulder, Colo. : Shambhala Publications.
- G. B. Go. (2017. 12. 7). Unmanned Vehicle, The Seoul Economic Daily.
- Gregory Vlastos, (1967). Zeno of Elea. New York : Macmillan Publishing Co. and The Free Press.
- H. O. Nho, Y. H. Kim & S. J. Hong. (2015). A Study on Technostress of Information Communication Technology User, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(4), 41-46. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.041
- Henry Bergson. (1944). Creative Evolution, trans. by Arthur Mitchell. New York : Modern Library.
- Herbert Zettl. (1997). Television Production Handbook, 6th ed. Belmont, Calif. : Wadsworth Publishing Co.
- H. M. Yang. (2017). My First Drone Startting. Seoul : Dongyang Books.
- H. Y. Lee. (2015). Drone shooting introduction. Seoul : Communication Books.
- Irvin Rock, (1984). Perception. New York : Scientific American Library.
- Lang, A. (2006) Using the limited capacity model of motivated mediated message processing to design effective cancer communication message. Journal of Communication, 56, 57-80. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2006.00283.x
- M. Walter. (1995). In the Blink of an Eye : A Perspective on Film Editing. Beverly Hills, Calif. : Silman-James Press.
- Paul Davies. (1996). About Time : Einstein's Unfinished Revolution. New York : Touchstone.
- Provenzano, C. (2008). Towards an aesthetic of film music: Musicology meets the film soundtrack. Music Reference Services Quarterly, 10(3), 79-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/10588160802111220
- Sergei Eisenstein. (1957). Film Form and Film Sense, ed. & trans. by Jack Leyda. New York : World Publishing Co.
- S. S. Shin. (2012) A Study on Multi-Media Contents Security Using Android Phone, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 3(1), 19-25.
- S. Y. Park. (2010). Effect of text and music on the response of audience, Journal of Korean Broadcasting, 24(6), 166-208.
- Stewart. W., & H. Furse. (1986). Effective television advertising: A study of 1000 commercials. Lexington. MA : Lexington Books.
- T. Y. Park. (2014). Scale of involvement for TV viewing environment, Journal of Korean Broadcasting, 28(2), 50-97.