- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on Learning Attitude, Class Participation, and Learning Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Fundamental Nursing Curriculum
기본간호학 교과목 수강 간호대학생의 학습태도, 수업참여도 및 학습만족도에 관한 연구
- Kang, Sook (Department of Nursing, Chunnam Techno University)
- 강숙 (전남과학대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.03.19
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the correlations of learning attitude, class participation, and learning satisfaction, and to identify the influencing factors on learning satisfaction of nursing students in fundamental nursing curriculum. Data were collected from 173 nursing students from September 1 to 8, 2017. Data were analyzed using Pearson's correlation coefficients and stepwise multiple regression. Learning attitude, class participation, and learning satisfaction according to the general characteristics commonly showed significant differences in satisfaction with major, satisfaction with school, friendship, last semester grade, and interest in fundamental nursing. Learning satisfaction showed significant positive correlations with learning attitude and class participation. Satisfaction with major, interest in fundamental nursing, and class participation, which accounted for 36% of the variance, were significant predictors influencing learning satisfaction in nursing students. It is necessary to increase majors' satisfaction, fundamental nursing interest, and class participation in order to improve learning satisfaction of nursing students.
- S. T. Brown, M. K. Kirkpatrick, D. Mangum, & J. Avery. (2008). A review of narrative pedagogy strategies to transform traditional nursing education. Educational Innovations, 47(6), 283-286.
- J. H. Park. (2011). Study of abilities required to develop for student in nursing education. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 17(1), 74-87. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.1.74
- A. Hassanpour Dehkordi & M. S. Heydarnejad. (2008). The effects of problem-based learning and lecturing on the development of Iranian nursing students' critical thinking. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences, 24(5), 740-743.
- K. Swan. (2001). Virtual interaction: design factors affecting student satisfaction and perceived learning in asynchronous online. Distance Education, 22(2), 306-331. https://doi.org/10.1080/0158791010220208
- S. O. Kim. (2017). Effects of team-based learning on learning attitude, learning motivation, problem solving ability, participation in lessons of nursing students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 351-363. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.351 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.351
- I. J. Sung, B. S. Kwak, T. S. Park, S. H. Im, M. K. Yang, S. M. Han., et al. (1987). A study of thinking ability development program. Korean Education Development Institute.
- C. Kim. (2002). The effects of christian meditation on attention and attitude of learning among college students. Ph.D. dissertation, Chung Ang University.
- R. R. Weaver & J. Qi. (2005). Classroom organization and participation: college students' perceptions. The Journal of Higher Education, 76(5), 570-601. https://doi.org/10.1353/jhe.2005.0038
- M. J. Cha, C. M. Kim, H. J. Kwon, H. D. Cho, J. Y. Lee, S. J. Jeong., et al. (2010). A development of learner participation scale in instruction. The Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, 22(1), 195-219.
- E. I. Jeong. (2012). Exploring the factors that influence college students' class participation: focus on autonomy support, academic self-efficacy, and task value. The Korean Association for Educational Methodology Studies, 24(2), 355-378. https://doi.org/10.17927/tkjems.2012.24.2.355
- K. Choi, M. J. Chun, H. Y. Ahn, H. N. Jin, & S. L. Do. (2013). Mediating effect of school engagement in the relation between perceived teacher-student relationships and peer relationships, and student achievement of middle school students. Asian Journal of Education, 14(4), 281-306. https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2013.14.4.012
- Y. J. Ha. (2010). The effects of learning strategies and task value on learning satisfaction and academic achievement of online learners. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 10(3), 577-598.
- Y. W. Im & O. H. Lee. (2008). A study on relations among the learning participation, learning satisfaction and academic achievement of cyber learners. The Journal of Yeolin Education, 15(2), 177-200.
- S. O. Kim. (2017). Effects of team-based learning on metacognition, academic achievement, confidence in performance, learning satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(11), 361-374. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2017.15.11.261 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.361
- N. H. Cha & Y. K. Kim. (2014). Effects of self study circle activity on self-directed learning ability and learning attitude in nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(4), 659-666. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.659 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.659
- S. I. Park & G. M. Lee. (2012). A study on the relationship of learning attitude, self-efficacy and self-development volition in nursing students. Korean Journal of Counseling & Psychotherapy, 3(1), 1-12.
- H. K. Jung, M. S. Kim, Y. J. Yoo, S. O. Kim, & D. Y. Won. (2007). A study on the relationship between personality, learning attitude and academic achievement of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, 13(4), 516-525.
- N. Y. Lee & J. Y. Han. (2017). Nursing students' learning motivation, class participation, and class satisfaction on flipped class and teacher-centered class. Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, 17(8), 253-267. DOI : 10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.8.253 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2017.17.8.253
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, & A. Buchner. (2007). G*Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program of the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods. 39(2), 175-191. DOI : 10.3758/bf03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/bf03193146
- Korean Education Development Institute. (1991). Study on the development and application of programs for improving thinking(IV). Seoul: Korean Education Development Institute.
- S. Y. Hwang. (2003). Effects of problem-based learning on the knowledge achievement, critical thinking ability, attitude and motivation toward learning of nursing student. Ph.D. dissertation, Chonnam National University.
- J. M. Keller. (1987). The systematic process of motivational design. Performance & Instruction, 26(9), 1-8.
- H. S. Jung. (2005). Effects of self-directedness, task value, and learning types on learner satisfaction and achievement. Ph.D. dissertation, Ewha Womans University.
- J. Y. Ha. (2011). Learning style, learning attitude, and self-directed learning ability in nursing students. The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17(5), 355-364. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.3.355
- S. O. Kim, H. Y. Jun, & M. S. Lee. (2010). Learning attitude of nursing students. Bulletin of Dongnam Health University, 28(1), 1-11.
- H. R. Kim, E. Y. Choi, H. Y. Kang, & S. M. Kim. (2011). The relationship among learning satisfaction, learning attitude, self-efficacy and the nursing students; academic achievement after simulation-based education on emergency nursing care. The Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17(1), 5-13. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.1.005
- S. J. Park, M. J. Kim, & K. H. Kwak. (2017). The effects of nursing students' simulation training on learning attitude, critical thinking, and self-efficacy. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(11), 293-304. DOI : 10.14257/ajmahs.2017.11.45 https://doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.11.45
- S. E. Kim. (2016). An effect of class satisfaction and academic self-efficacy of nurses majoring in nursing science of Korea national open university on self-directed learning ability. Journal of Contents Association, 16(11), 594-604. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.594 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.11.594
- S. G. Kim. (2015). Effects of a simulation-based high-risk neonatal care education on learning satisfaction, class participation, learning motivation and clinical competency in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(10), 6807-6815. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6807 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6807
- H. M. Marks. (2000). Student engagement in instructional activity: patterns in the elementary, middle, and high school years. American Educational Research Journal, 37, 153-184. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312037001153
- M. Boekarts, P. R. Pintrich, & M. Zeidner. (2000). Handbook of self-regulation Theory, research and applications. New-York : Academic Press.