- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Factors Affecting Suicidal Ideation of Depressed Adults by Age
우울감있는 성인의 나이에 따른 자살생각 영향요인
- Kwon, Myoungjin (Department of Nursing Daejeon University)
- 권명진 (대전대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.02.19
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The purpose of the study was to provide basic data for planning and offering nursing intervention to prevent suicide attempts by identifying the factors influencing the suicidal thoughts of depressed adults. The subjects of this study were 1,202 individuals who answered clearly in 2013-2015 National Health and Nutrition Survey. A composite sample plan file was generated using the IBM SPSS 23.0 program, and then the data were weighted and analyzed. Suicidal ideation was influenced by income (50-60s), number of family members (50-60s), marital status (40-50s), subjective health (30-50s, over 70s), stress (30s, over 50s), economic activity status (50s), diabetes (60s or older), alcohol consumption (60s), and Body Mass Index (BMI) (40s). These results suggest that tailor-made interventions for the prevention of suicide need to take into account the general and health-related factors of the subjects.
- H. S. Kim. (2017). The Regional Current Status and Factors of the Pre-Elderly/Elderly Suicide Rates and Policy Tasks. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(8), 291-298. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.291 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.8.291
- S. E. Kim. (2016). Relation between Mental Health and Suicide Resilience among University Students in South Korea, International Journal of Advanced Nursing Education and Research, 1(1), 105-110. http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/ijaner.2016.1.18 https://doi.org/10.21742/ijaner.2016.1.18
- M. H. Jung & S. H. Heo. (2017). Study on the Effects of Suicide Loss Experience on Suicidal Ideation, Plan and Attempt of the Elderly, Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, 72(1), 305-333.
- M. R. Lee. (2017). Study on Suicide Research Trends in Korean Elderly through Key Words, International Journal of IT-based Social Welfare Promotion and Management, 4(1), 13-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.21742/ijswpm.2017
- Y. M. Ahn. (2014). 2013 National Survey on Suicide, Seoul : Ministry of Health Welfare.
- M. Davies & D. B. Kandel. (1991). Epidemiology of depressive mood in adolescents: an empirical study, Arch Gen Psychiatry. 39(10), 1205-1212. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1982.04290100065011
- J. S. Cheon, S. S. Lee, J. R. Roh & B. H. Oh. (2005). Psychosocial Factors Associated with Suicidal Idea among Korean Elderly, Journal of Korean Geriatric Psychiatry, 9, 132-139.
- J. A. Park & S. E. Choi. (2016). Cost-effectiveness analysis of antidepressants in treatment of major depressive disorder, The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, 16(2), 57-77.
- J. S. Park & Y. B. Kim. (2014). The Analysis on the Effect of Familism on Suicide Ideation: Focusing on Difference between young Adults and Old Adults, Journal of Digital Convergence. 12(7), 419-430. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.7.419
- S. Y. Lee & M. L. Heo. (2015). A Study on Factors Affecting Middle-aged Men's Suicidal Ideation, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(7) 4777-4785. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4777
- H. M. Park & H. S. Lee. (2013). Influencing Predictors of Suicidal Ideation in the Korean Middle Age, The Korean Journal of Stress research, 21(4), 323-329.
- Y. H. Park. (2017). Influences of Experience in Suicide Risk Factors, Mental Health, Depression on Suicide Ideation in College Freshmen, Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(2), 621-632. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.02.86 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.02.86
- B. S. Yu & K. H. Jeong. (2016). A Study on the Determinants of Elderly Suicidal Idea : Focused on the Gyeonngi Province, Social Work Practice & Research, 13(2), 215-250.
- W. S. Chang. (2016). The Effect of Depression, Anxiety, Stress on Suicidal Ideation of the Elderly in Youngdong County, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(7), 720-729. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.07.720
- J. Y. Kim, D. H. Lee, J. W. Hwang, & K. U. Lee. (2016). Factors Influencing Suicidal Ideation among Lower-income Group Participating Self-sufficiency Program in Gangwon Province, Korea, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(12), 91-101. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.12.091
- M. R. Lee. (2017). Analysis of the content of domestic internet newspapers searched using the keyword of the elderly suicide, Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(6), 613-620. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.06.73 https://doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.06.73
- O. P. Almeida, B. Draper, J. Snowdon, N. T. Lautenchlager, J. Pirkis, & G. Byrne. (2012). Factors Associated with suicidal thoughts in a large community study of older adults, Br J Psychiatry, 20(1), 466-472.
- Y. J. Kim. (2009). Comparison of Health Habits, Perceived Stress, Depression, and Suicidal Thinking by Gender between Elders Living Alone and Those Living with Others, The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, 16(3), 333-344.
- B. G. Park & S. K. Chun. (2013). Effects of Mid-life Crisis on Suicidal Ideation: Moderating Effects of Social Support and Spiritual Support, Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, 38, 149-179.
- S. J. Han. (2016). A Study on the Influence of Perceived Health Status on Suicide Ideation of the Low-income Elderly: Considering Mediating Effects of Self-esteem and Depression, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Home Care Nursing, 23(1), 16-24.
- S. E. Lee. (2017). Risk Factors for Suicidal Ideation across the Life Cycle among Korean Adults: Korean Psycho-social Anxiety Survey, Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 29(2), 109-118. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.2.109 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.2.109
- S. H. Park & B. D. Hwang. (2013). The Effect of Their Sense of Depression and Suicidal Thinking for Managerial Characteristics in Hypertense and Diabetic Patients, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 7(4), 221-232. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.4.221
- S. I. Nam, K. H. Choi, & H. J. Yi. (2014). Self-perceived health status, Depression, and Suicidal Behavior among People with Diabetes, Korean Journal of Social Welfare Studies, 45(1), 231-254. https://doi.org/10.16999/kasws.2014.45.1.231
- H. K. Kim. (2016). The Effect of Depression on Suicidal Thought Among the Elderly: Focused n the Moderating Effect of Drinking, Journal of Future Social Work Research, 7(1), 73-101.
- J. Robinson, J. Sareen, B. J. Cox, & J. Bolton. (2009). Self-medication of anxiety disorders with alcohol and drug: results from a nationally representative sample, Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 23, 38-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.janxdis.2008.03.013
- S. H. Hong. (2009). The Impact of Relative Comparison on Obesity and Suicide Risk, The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, 15(2), 176-197.