- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Mediating Effect of Nursing Professionalism on the Relationship between Critical Thinking Disposition and Consciousness of Bioethics in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 비판적 사고성향과 생명윤리의식: 간호전문직관의 매개효과
- Lee, Oi Sun (Department of Nursing, Changshin University) ;
- Kim, Eun Jae (Department of Nursing, JinJu Health College)
- Received : 2018.02.20
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The purpose of this study is to examine to identify the mediating effects of nursing professionalism in the relation between consciousness of bioethicscritical and critical thinking disposition. Data were collected by self-report questionnaires targeting 264 nursing students in two nursing colleges located in B and C city province. Data were analyzed with SPSS/PC ver 23.0 programs. There were significantly positive correlations between critical thinking disposition, nursing professionalism and consciousness of bioethics. Nursing professionalism fully mediated the relationship between critical thinking disposition and consciousness of bioethics. Theses results indicated that in order to improve the consciousness of bioethics of nursing students, it is necessary to develop and t est the program for improving not only on the critical thinking disposition but also on the nursing professionalism.
- S. J. Kwon. (2003). A study on the consciousness of biomedical ethics of the nursing students and medical students. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- K. J. Lee, E. Lee & Y. S. Park. (2016). Comparison on Influencing Factors on Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics in Nursing Students and General Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 377-388. DOI :http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.205 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.377
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. (2012). Accreditation assessment standards for education of korea the course of the nursing bachelor's degree. Seoul: Korean Nurses Association.
- S. Gorovitz. (1977). Bioethics and social responsibility. the Monist, 60(1), 3-15. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5840/monist197760128 https://doi.org/10.5840/monist197760128
- M. S. Yoo & K. C. Shon.(2012). Effects of nursing ethics education on biomedical ethics awareness, moral sensitivity and moral judgment of nursing students. Journal Korean Bioethics Association, 12(2), 61-76.
- J. Y. Ha, D. H. Kim & S. K. Hwang. (2009). The perception of biomedical ethics in nurses. The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, 15(2), 216-224. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.216
- G. S. Jeong. (2016). The Effect of Biomedical Ethics Education Program for Nursing Students Freshman. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(3), 376-386. DOI :http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.376 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.376
- M. H. Lim & C. S. Park. (2014). Factors affecting the consciousness of biomedical ethics of nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(7), 4423-4431. DOI :http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4423 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4423
- J. H. We, B. H. Chang & M. H. Lim. (2017). The Relationship of the Empathy and Biomedical Ethics Awareness with University Student. Journal of the Korea content association, 17(4), 500-509. DOI :https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.500 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.04.500
- J. Yoon. (2004). Development of an instrument for the measurement of critical thinking disposition: In nursing. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul.
- Y. S. Lee. (2011). An analysis of the core elements of nursing professionalism based on delphi technique. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- M. Y. Moon, M. K. Jeon & A. W. Jeong. (2013). Relationship between nurse' consciousness of biomedical ethics, job satisfaction and nursing performance. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 14(1), 27-47.
- E. J. Seo & N. H. Cha. (2016). Relationships among Nursing Professional Values, Bioethics and Death Ethic Perception in Nursing Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(5), 349-358. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.349
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. Buchner & A. G. Lang.(2009). Statistical power analyses using G* Power 3.1: Tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior research methods, 41(4), 1149-1160. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3758/brm.41.4.1149 https://doi.org/10.3758/brm.41.4.1149
- E. J. Yeun, Y. M. Kwon & O. H.. Ahn. (2005). Development of a nursing professional values scale. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(6), 1091-1100. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1091
- S. S. Han, M. H. Kim & E. K. Yung. (2008). Factors affecting nursing professionalism. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 14(1), 73-79. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.1.073
- R. M. Baron & D. A. Kenny. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of personality and social psychology, 51(6), 1173. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1683
- K. J. Preache & A. F. Hayes. (2004). SPSS and SAS procedures for estimating indirect effects in simple mediation models. Behavior research methods, instruments, & computers, 36(4), 717-731. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03206553
- Y. R. Chong Y. H. Lee. (2017). Affecting Factors of the Awareness of Biomedical Ethics in Nursing Students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 23(4), 389-397. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2017.23.4.389
- H. J. Gu & O. S. Lee. (2015). The correlation between nurse's image, biomedical ethics and professionalism in nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-ndustrial Cooperation Society, 16(11), 7356-7366. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7356 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7356
- Y. H. Cho. (2017). Factors Affecting the Consciousness of Biomedical Ethics of the Nursing Students before Clinical Practice In Convergence Era. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(10), 359-369. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.10.359
- M. Y. Moon & A. H. Jaung. (2012). Correlation between the nursing practice and consciousness of biomedical ethics of nursing students. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 13(2), 49-62.
- E. A. Kim, H. Y. Park & S. E. Choi. (2014). The influence of moral sensitivity and critical thinking disposition on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 17(2), 144-158.