- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Challenges of Public Policy Management for the 4th Industrial Revolution
제4차산업혁명에 대응하는 공공관리의 변화와 향후 과제: 사회-기술시스템론적 접근을 중심으로
- Jin, Sang-Ki (National Assembly) ;
- Bang, Min-Seok (Graduate School of Public Administration and Legal Studies, Dankook University)
- Received : 2018.03.07
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
This paper aim to propose and suggest for government to reinvent and re-steering the policy on the 4th industrial revolution in Korea. To do it, this paper annalize the advanced country's policies and hard-data sets from many international research institutes. So this paper emphasized the concept and frame of socio-technical system approach by Geels. According to this approach, this paper can get a conclusion that Korea government has to focus on the roles to solve the big social dilemma with high-tech tools from the 4th industrial revolution. And this paper point out the necessary of increasing the diversity and multidisciplinary in 4th industrial revolution policy of Korean government. These findings of this paper recommend for Korea to redesigns the governance mechanism and legislation platform and to design the future readiness.
The 4th industrial revolution;Socio-technical system approach;Public Management;Solving the big social dilemma;Human centric society
- S. K. Jin & Y. W. Park. (2017). The Study on the Institutionalism in The 4th Industrial Revolution Readiness of Korean Government, GRI REVIEW. 19(3), 467-496.
- World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2016: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/01/the-fourth-industrial-revolution-what-it-means-and-how-to-respond/
- S. H. Han. (2017). A Study on the Creative Institutionalization of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Journal of Korean Association for Regional Information Society. 20(3), 111-133.
- Schwab, klaus. (2016). The Fourth Industrial Revolution, World Economic Forum.
- Plattform Industrie 4.0 (2013): Umsetzungsempfehlungen fur das Zukunftsprojekt Industrie 4.0, http://www.bmbf.de/pubrd/Umsetzungsempfehlungen_Industrie4_0.pdf
- Siemens. (2013): Industrie 4.0-The Fourth Industrial Revolution, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hprurtornis
- Bloem, J., Van Doorn, M., Duivestein, S., Excoffier, D., Maas, R., & Van Ommeren, E. (2014). The Fourth Industrial Revolution. Things to Tighten the Link Between IT and OT. SOGETI.
- B. S. Hwang. (2016). Study on the Korean Convergency Policy. Seoul: Wongbo publish.
- B. S. Choi, H. T. Yang & J.Y. Lee. (2017). Advanced Countries's Policy and Insight of the 4th Industrial Revolution. STEPI Insight. 215. 1-25.
- D. E. Lee. (2017). The 4th Industrial Revolution and Innovation Policy. Science and Technology Policy, 27(5), 46-51.
- S. H. Kim & M. J. Kim. (2016). Industrial Innovation and Challenges for the Next Industrial Revolutions. Seoul. Science and Technology Policy Institute.
- W. K. Ha. (2015). The Fourth Industrial Revolution and New Approaches of Major Countries. Weekly Technology Trends(Aug. 26, 2015). Institute for Information & Communications Technology Promotion.
- H. Choi, B. S. Choi, S. G. Kim. (2017). Japan's 4th Industrial Revolution Policy and Implications. Trends & Issues, 30, 1-25. Science and Technology Policy Institute.
- W. C. Song. (2012). Socio-technical system theory and policy implications. Issues & Policy, 60, 1-13.
- Geels, F. W. (2004). "From sectoral systems of innovation to socio-technical systems: Insights about dynamics and change from sociology and institutional theory". Research policy, 33(6-7), 897-920. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2004.01.015
- J. E. Seong, W. C. Song, Y. B. Chang, B. K. Jung, J. K. Han. (2009). Policy Coordination and Integration for Holistic Innovation Policy. Seoul. Science and Technology Policy Institute.
- M. S. Bang. (2017). A Study on the Change and Management of the Presidential Agenda in the Regime Change Period: Focused on the Setting of the Fourth Industrial Revolution Tasks, Korean Policy Sciences Review, 21(4), 43-70.
- J. H. Ku. (2017). A Study on the Platform for Big Data Analysis of Manufacturing Process, Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(5), 177-182. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.5.177
- H. S. Byeon. (2017). The Status and Suggestions for Big Data Adaptation in the Government and the Public Agency, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(4), 13-25. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.13
- S. K, Park. (2018). A Study of the Autonomous Vehicle Technology and its Future Trend: Focusing on Current Industry and Technology Convergence of Trend, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(1), 253-259, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.1.253
- H. H. Lee & C. S. Leem. (2018). SWOT Analysis for Small and Medium Enterprise in Smart Factory introduction. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(3), 1-14, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.3.001