- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Structural Analysis of Self-Development Competency and Employment Readiness to improve the Job Achievement of Women's University Students
여대생의 취업을 향상시키기 위한 자기개발역량과 취업준비도의 구조적 분석
- Kim, Hee Yeong (College of Business Administration, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Kim, Gi Un (Department of Business Administration, Kyung-In Women's University)
- Received : 2018.02.20
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the effects of self-development competency on employment readiness for job achievement of women's university students and to enhance the recruiting rate of female students ultimately. This paper classified the factors of self-development competency and employment readiness and defined a new research model. This study is meaningful what self-development competency is actually helpful for female undergraduates to get a job. Both self-recognition skill and self-control skill have positive primary effects on their career development skills in self-development competency. Career development skills has a positive secondary effect on not only their goal setting for job seeking but also their searching for job information. This paper suggests that career development skills is of paramount importance so as to improve employment readiness. It is expected that executable education policies and cases can be more developed on the basis of this study.
- J. C. Lee & A. J. Hong. (2013). Difference and Impact of University Students' Personal Characteristics on Self-Leadership, Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy, Career Preparation Behavior, and Employability. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, 15(3), 215-245. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2013.15.3.009
- S, Ji & Y. Song. (2013). The Analysis of Occupational Orientation, Career Anchors, Major Satisfaction, Career Preparation for Freshman and Sophomore. Business Education Review, 28, 573-598.
- D. Y. Park & D. Y. Kim. (2006). A Status of Vocational Consciousness of Students in a Regional University. The Journal of Vocational Education Research, 26(1), 1-32. https://doi.org/10.5328/JVER26.1.1
- S. Chang. (2015). The Improving Effects of Self-development Capacity in General Education on the National Competency Standards. Employment Development Research, 18(3), 179-209.
- H. J. Cho. (2014). Difference and Impact of University Student' Personal Characteristics on Career Indecision, Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy, Career Preparation Behavior. The journal of vocational education research, 33(4), 103-127.
- J. M. Kim et al. (2014). A Study on the Actual Condition Survey and Utilization Plan for the Diffusion of Industrial Field Use. Seoul : Human resources development service of Korea.
- S. N. Lim., Y. S. Kim., J. S. Shin. (2012). A Study for Promoting Key Competencies of College Students. Korean corporation management review, 19(2), 57-77.
- Human resources development service of Korea. (2017). Self-development competence: for educator. https://m.ncs.go.kr/ncs/page.do?sk=P1A4_M4_033
- C. Y. Ahn & M. K. Oh. (2013). Intrapersonal Intelligence ,Intrapersonal Intelligence Assessment Scale ,Scale development. The Korean Journal of Human Development, 20(1), 51-78.
- Bell, N. J., Wieling, E., & Watson, W.(2004). Self reflecting in developmental context: Variations in level and patterning during the first 2 university years. The Journal of Genetic Psychology, 165(4), 451-465. https://doi.org/10.3200/GNTP.165.4.451-465
- Fonagy, P. & Target, M. (1997). Attachment and reflective function: Their role in self-organization. Development and psychopathology, 9(4), 679-700.
- Hobson, R. P., Chidambi, G., Lee, A. & Meyer, J.(2006). Foundations for selfawareness: An exploration through autism. Monograph of the Society for research in Child Development, 71(2), 167-179. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5834.2006.00400.x
- Fenigstein, A. (1979). Self- consciousness, self-attention, and social interaction. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 37(1), 75. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.11
- A. Y. Noh. (2005). Theory and Practice of Counseling Psychology. Seoul : Hakjisa.
- M. S. Kim. & H. S. Shin. (2011). Improving the ego identity of deaf high school students through the application of a Brain Education program and action research. Journal of Special Education: Theory and Practice, 12(1), 115-144.
- C. H. Chi. (2009). Special Issue : The theoretical ground for improving of social and emotional competencies of elementary school students ; A study on ways of improving of children's self-awareness and self-management competency -focused on values in Confucianism-, Journal of Korean philosophical history, 25, 41-70.
- K. M. Park. & E. K. Ha (2004). Ability of Self Care and Health Promotion Lifestyle for Vulnerable Elderly in Urban Community, The journal of the korean public health association, 30(1), 96-103.
- Jones, R. T., Nelson, R. E., Kazdin, A.E.(1977). The role of external variables in self reinforcement: A review. Behavior Madification, 1, 147-178. https://doi.org/10.1177/014544557712001
- J. H. Heo. (2003). Development and Validation of Athletes' Self-Management Questionnaire (ASMQ). Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, 14(2), 95-109.
- Buruno, F. J.(1983). Adjustment and personal growth. 2nd Ed., New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Jin Min. (1986). Organizational bureaucratic characteristics and self-fulfillment. Doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University, Seoul.
- S. Ji, Y. Lee, Y. Lim. (2012). An Effect of Dance-Majoring Middle/High School Students' Self-management competency on Self fulfillment. The Korean Journal of Dance Research, 12(1), 103-111.
- S. Kim & M. Lee (2016). Effects of Private Certificate Holder's Motivation for Certificate Affects Career Development and Job Satisfaction, The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(1), 352-361. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.01.352
- W. H. Kim & H. W. Park (2016). Research on Career Development and Job Management of Industrial Employees, Occasional Task Report, Sungnam : Korea employment agency for the disabled.
- N. J. Lee & S. H. Paik (2014). Research on "Flow" and Creativity as Observed in the Daily Lives of Science-Gifted Students. Journal of the Korean Association for Research in Science Education, 34(2), 147-206. https://doi.org/10.14697/jkase.2014.34.2.0147
- S. G. Lee. & S. W. Oh (2008). A Study on the Observation of the Employability Factors and Measurement of Employment Effectiveness for Job-seekers of the Public Employment Service in Incheon. The journal of career education research, 21(3), 87-103.
- Johnson, C. D. (2001). In search of traditional and contemporary career success: what's an African American male to do?. Doctoral dissertation, The University of Georgia.
- Rothwell, A., Herbert, I., Rothwell, F. (2008). Self-perceived employability: Construction and initial validation of a scale for university students. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 73, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2007.12.001
- Fugate, M., Kinicki, A. J., Ashforth, B. E. (2004) Employability: A psycho-social construct, its dimensions, and applications. Journal of Vocational behavior, 65(1), 14-38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2003.10.005
- McQuaid, R. W., Lindsay, C., (2005). The concept of employability. Urban studies, 42(2), 197-219. https://doi.org/10.1080/0042098042000316100
- S. N. Kim. & C. Y. Jeong. (2010). Developed a tool to diagnose employment possibility of college students. Journal of agricultural education and human resource development, 42(2), 139-161.
- Y. L. Youn. (2007). The study on the career recognition of the university students. Journal of Education & Culture. 13(1), 123-168.
- J. Y. Nam. (2010). The Relationship Between Individual Work factors and Preparation of Employment in University students. Journal of Adolescent Welfare. 12(4), 353-375.
- H. J. Lee (2011). Cosmetic Behavior and Cosmetics Purchasing Behavior of High School Girls According to Creation Interest and Information Retrieval. Thesis. Seo Kyeong University, Seoul.
- H. Kim. & Y. Kim. (2010). The Effect of the High School Students' Body Perception on Self-Esteem and Stress (Focused on Chung Cheong Area). Journal of Korean Beauty Society, 16(4), 941-948.
- N. Y. Hwang (2014). The Effects of Female High School Students' Cosmetic Consumption Behavior on Their Appearance Management Concern and Self-Perception Satisfaction. Thesis. Sungshin University, Seoul.
- Hirschi, A., Freund, P. A., Herrmann, A. (2014). The career engagement scale: Development and validation of a measure of proactive career behaviors. Journal of Career Assessment, 22(4), 575-594. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069072713514813
- J. Lee & J. Kim. (2016). Importance-Performance Analysis on University Students' Recognition of NCS Vocational Competency. The journal of vocational education research, 35(5), 75-96.
- C. K. Min. (2015). Analysis of the Case Courses and Suggestions for the Career Education In Korea. Korean Journal of General Education, 9(4), 73-109.
- Asendorpf, J. B., & Baudonniere, P. M. (1993). Self-awareness and other-awareness: Mirror self-recognition and synchronic imitation among unfamiliar peers. Developmental Psychology, 29(1), 88-95. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-1618.104.22.168
- C. H. Choi & Y. Y. You. (2017). The Study on the comparative analysis of EFA and CFA. Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(10), 103-111. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.10.103