- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Social Finance Market in Korea ; Focused on Social Impact Bond
한국형 사회적금융시장 조성에 관한 연구 ; 사회성과연계채권(SIB)을 중심으로
- Cho, Young-Bohk (Pusan National University)
- 조영복 (부산대학교)
- Received : 2018.02.09
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
The Social Economy including social enterprise is solving various social problems of our society by innovative business Nevertheless, social economic companies have limited investment ingrowth due to insufficient capital. There are various attempts to solve the limit of capital investment by social finance. Social iImpact bonds that introduced performance-based compensation into financial system is recognized as a new means of procuring that capital lacks. 89 social impact bonds were issued in 19 countries around the world. )f the 22 social impact bonds reporting performance, 21 bonds report positive performance. The twelve bonds paid incentives to investors. It can be said that the government provides incentives to review the issuance of social impact bonds at the government level, which is difficult to expand the social welfare budget. This study confirmed the performance of the social impact bonds and confirmed the possibility of introducing it in korea. There is a limit to continuously increasing the government's social expenditure to meet demand. Therefore, in order to support the growth of social economy based on private investment, the issuing of social impact bonds should create a virtuous circle of social financial market.
Supported by : Pusan National University
- K. L. Kim. (2012). Social Impact Bonds: Market-Based Solution to Social Problems, Seoul : Korea Capital Market Institute.
- K. L. Kim & S. Y. Park. (2013). The Imlications of UK Policy to Grow the Social Investment Market, Seoul : Korea Capital Market Institute.
- J. U. Kim (2012). The Convergence Hypothesis Tests in Financial Supply Capability and Self-reliance Degree of Seoul Local Government Using a Panel Stationarity Test and a Distribution Dynamics Approach, Seoul Studies, 13(3), 1-14.
- H. J. Noh., G. R. KIm., I. S. KIm., H. S. Hong., J. W. Shin., B. K. Yu., J. M. Jang & K. I. Jee. (2013). Performance and Challenges of Impact Investment, Seoul : Korea Capital Market Institute.
- J. A. Cho & W. K. Park. (2016). Has the Gap of Fiscal Self-sufficiency Rates of 16 Provincial Governments Been Narrowed?, Journal of the Korean Regional Science Association, 32(3), 45-62. https://doi.org/10.22669/KRSA.2016.32.3.045
- Y. B. Cho. (2012). An Introduction for Social Entrepreneurs - Social Investment Manual, Seoul : Sigmapress.
- Y. B. Cho & K. C. Shin. (2014). Financial Support for Promotion of Social Enterprise : Introduction of Social Impact Bonds(SIB), Journal of Social Enterprise, 7(2), 105-133.
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety. (2017). Introduce. Social Impact Bond Implementation Guide, Sejong : Ministry of the Interior and Safety.
- S. B. Hong & M. S. Joo. (2011). Fiscal Convergence of Korean Autonomous Districts, Korean Journal of Public Finance, 4(3), 67-94.
- A. Dear., A. Helbitz., R. Khare., R. Lotan., J. Newman., G.C. Sims & A. Zaroulis. (2016). Social Impact Bonds - The Early Years, London : Social Finance
- E. Bolton. (2010). Social Impact Bonds - Unlocking investment in rehabilitation, London : Social Finance.
- J. K. Roman. (2013). Social Impact Bonds, Committee on Appropriations Maryland House of Delegates, 20(3), 39-42.
- J. Loder., G. Mulgan., N. Reeder & A. Shelupanov. (2010). Financing Social Value: implementing Social Impact Bonds, London : Young Foundation.
- L. Barclay & T. Symons. (2013). Guide to Social Impact Bond Development - A Technical Guide to Developing Social Impact Bonds, London : Social Finance.
- R. Horesh.. (2000). Injecting incentives into the solution of social problems: Social Policy Bonds, ECONOMIC AFFAIRS, 20(3), 39-42. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-0270.00237
- S. Baliga. (2013). Shaping the Success of Social Impact Bonds in the United States : Lessons Learned from the Privatization of U.S. Prisons, Durham : Duke University School oh Law, J.D.
- Social Finance. (2011). Overview of the Peterborough Social Impact Bond, Londaon : Social Finance.
- Non-profit Finance Fund. (2017). What is Pay for Success?, Non-profit Financial Fund web Site, http://www.payforsuccess.org/learn/basics/#what-is-pay-for-success