- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Consumer Recall Competency and Recall Experience
우리나라 소비자의 리콜 역량과 리콜 경험에 관한 연구
- Koo, Hye-Gyoung (Department of Consumer Science, Chungnam National University)
- 구혜경 (충남대학교 소비자학과)
- Received : 2018.02.02
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.28
In Korea, the number of recalled products is steadily increasing annually, but the recall participation rate of consumers is very low. This study looked at recall competency as a necessary factor for active recall participation by consumers. And identify the components of the recall competency and identify the recall competence factors that influence recall experience. To this end, we examined the recall experience and recall capacity of 1,626 adult consumers in Korea. As a result, five factors of recall participation will, recall related skill, recall policy recognition, subjective knowledge and objective knowledge were derived. As a result of comparing recall competencies among recall experience and non-recall experience, there were statistically significant differences in all competency factors. Recall related skill and subjective knowledge competency were significant factors for recall experience. In order to improve the effectiveness of the recall system, it is important to improve the recall information and increase access to information retrieval in order to increase the recall participation rate by strengthening the recall capacity of consumers.
Supported by : Office for Government Policy Coordination·Prime Minister's Secretariat
- D. H. Min. (2017. 08. 03.). Moneytoday News. http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2017080310463720357
- H. G. Koo. & S. M. Jun. (2017). A Study on Providing Consumer-Oriented Recall Information : Focusing Recall Information Standardization. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 48(3), 123-155. http://dx.doi.org/10.15723/jcps.48.3.201712.123 https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.48.3.201712.123
- S. M. Jun & H. G. Koo. (2017). The Influence of Recognition about Recall Risk Information on Risk Perception and Recall Intention : Exploring Differences According to Types of Risk Information. Journal of Consumer Policy And Education Review, 13(4), 173-194. https://doi.org/10.15790/cope.2017.13.4.173
- Y. J. Lee. (2017. 10. 27.). Women News. http://www.womennews.co.kr/news/117767
- S. Y. Choi. (2017. 10. 12.). Newsis. http://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20171012_0000116076&cID=13001&pID=13000
- D. H. Kim. (2017. 09. 17.). Yonhap News. http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/09/16/0200000000AKR20170916030000003.HTML?input=1195m
- E. S. Choi. (2012). A Study on Improvement Plan through Consumer's Current Status & Consciousness Survey of Consumer Recall Policy. Safety Report, Korea Consumer Agency, 2012(12), 1-139.
- Office for Government Policy Coordination. (2017. 06. 09.). Ministry of Strategy and Finance. Republic of Korea. http://www.korea.kr/policy/pressReleaseView.do?newsId=156212282
- Fair Trade Commission. (2017. 10. 10). http://www.ftc.go.kr/www/selectReportUserView.do?key=10&rpttype=1
- Fair Trade Commission. (2017. 08. 03). http://www.korea.kr/policy/pressReleaseView.do?newsId=156218470
- H. N. Lee. (2017. 10. 29.). Gukjen News. http://www.gukjenews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=810669
- N. M. Sung & J. H. Oh & S. G. Kim. An Study on Improvement of Vehicle Recall Systems. Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 22(4), 57-67.
- G. Y. Ko. (2002). A Comparative Study of Car Recall Policy between Korea and USA. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 25, 15-38.
- J. I. Lee. (2006). A Study on Improving Efficiency of Products Recall System. Eumseong : Korea Consumer Agency.
- J. Y. Kim & K. H. Kwon. (2013). A Study on the Status of Pharmaceutical Quality Management System in the Persepctive of Recall Issue of Children's Antipyretic Oral Suspension and Introducing Advanced Management Model in Korea. Journal of Crisisonomy, 9(11), 239-272.
- S. J. Oh & Y. Y. Kwak. (2015). A Study on Enhancing Consumers "Use of Products" Recall Information. Seoul : Korea Consumer Agency.
- G. S. Ji. (2013). How to improve Government websites on product recall Information - Analysis using a perspective of information systems -. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 44(2), 97-123. https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.44.2.201308.97
- Y. K. Bae. Vehicle Recalls And Corrective Behavior: Information Transmission Mechanisms. The Korean National Economic Association, 34(4), 103-142.
- J. K. Noh & K. S. Song, S. K. Beom. The Effect of The Firm s Product Recall on Brand Trust, Corporate Trust, Brand Loyalty and Brand Recommendation Intentions. Academic Society of Global Business Administration, 12(3), 21-47.
- M. S. Park & K. H. Lee & D. Y. Koh. (2013). Analysis on the Effect of the Recall on the Enterprise Value. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 44(1), 27-44.
- S. I. Jang. (2010). A Study on Influence Which the Patterns of Recall Have on Reliability of a Company and Its Brand : Centered on Recall's Spontaneity and the Seriousness of Defects. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 21(1), 127-145.
- N. M. Sung & J. H. Oh & J. T. Oh. Estimation of Benefits by Implementing Motor Vehicle Recall System. Journal of Korea Transportation Research Society, 22(3), 59-67.
- E. S. Choi. & S. M. Kim. (2013). A Study on Company Recall System and Consumer's Recall Consciousness, Korea Consumer Agency, 2013 Report, 1-82.
- S. M. Jun & E. S. Choi. (2014). Consumers' Confidence and Purchase Intentions for Product Recalls Based on Recall Spontaneity and Communication - Interaction Effects of Product Types and Consumers Sociological Characteristics -. Journal of Crisisonomy, 10(10), 243-263.
- H. J. Yoo & H. K. Yang & S. M. Jun & H. J. Cheon & S. J. Park. (2015). Consumers' Awareness, Coping Behavior, and Satisfaction on Food Safety Regulation : The Case of GMO Food and Food Recall System. Journal of Consumer Policy And Education Review, 11(3), 97-114.
- H. I. Lee & Y. Sim. Consumer Perception , and Consumer Information and Education on the Recall System. Journal of Consumer Studies, 10(2), 85-111.
- K. O. Huh. (2011). An analysis of factors influencing on consumers' attitude, request, and participation toward product recall. Journal of Consumer Policy And Education Review, 7(2), 167-182.
- G. C. Lee. & J. E. Kim. (2012). Consumer Education : Theory & Practice, PJ ; Kyomunsa.
- J. Y. Son & J. Y. Sa. (2017). Validation of the Consumer Empowerment Index in the Korean Context. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 48(1), 81-107. https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.48.1.201704.81
- J. O. Park & S. H. Sohn. (2012). Problems in the Financial Market: A Study on the Level of Consumer Experience and Its Influential Factors. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 43, 49-69.
- Y. H. Lee & J. H. Lee. (2014). Effects of Awareness of Guarantee of Medical Service Right and Satisfaction of Consumer Competency on Satisfaction of Medical Service. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 45(3), 81-111. https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.45.3.201412.81
- S. L. Lee & J. Y. Son & H. R. Ha & M. J. Kim. (2014). Consumer Anxiety on Foods hazards and Satisfaction with Food-related Life - focusing on the effects of subjective consumer competency and safe food purchasing behavior -. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 45(2), 137-157. https://doi.org/10.15723/jcps.45.2.201408.137
- H. G. Koo. (2012). The effectiveness of cosmetic ingredients labeling as a method of providing technical information. Journal of Consumer Policy Studies, 42, 219-248.
- H. G. Koo & J. Y. Rha. (2013). Designing and testing for consumer centric information provision for insurance products. Journal of Consumer Studies, 24(2), 153-181.
- J. Y. Rha & H. G. Koo & H. J. Kim & J. M. Lee & H. R. Lee & H. Y. Li. (2013). Consumer Information Search Type for Financial Products. Journal of Consumer Studies, 24(4), 99-124.
- H. G. Koo & J. Y. Rha. (2015). Which Factors Could Affect Financial Consumer Problems Experience? - Convergence Approach of both Technical Information and Subjective Competency. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(5), 31-39. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.31
- S. O. Kang & K. S. Ha. (2013). Relations between the Middle Aged's Perception of Successful Aging and their Preparations for the Old Age, Journal of Digital Convergence, 11(12), 121-144. DOI : http://koreascience.or.kr/journal/view.jsp?kj=DJTJBT&py=2013&vnc=v11n12&sp=121 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.121
- Y. I. Kim, Y. C. Cheo & Y. J. Choi. (2015). A study on the Convergence Factors Which Influence on the Sustainability of Volunteer Activities - Focused on Ansan Volunteer Center, Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(10), 41-50. DOI : http://koreascience.or.kr/article/ArticleFullRecord.jsp?cn=DJTJBT_2015_v13n10_41 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.41