- Volume 22 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The effects of ethical decision making factors on vocational ethics and job satisfaction of firefighters
윤리적 의사결정 영향요인이 소방공무원의 직업윤리의식과 직무만족에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Bo-Ram (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Woosong University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyeon (Chung cheong Fire Service Academy)
- Received : 2018.03.16
- Accepted : 2018.04.15
- Published : 2018.04.30
Purpose: The purpose of the study was to analyze the effects of ethical decision making factors on vocational ethics and job satisfaction of firefighters and to provide basic data to promote appropriate vocational ethics and improve job satisfaction. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was filled out by firefighters in D metropolitan area from May 7 to 15, 2017. A total of 410 data were analyzed using SPSS 24.0 program. Results: Among influential factors of ethical decision making, "ethical environment of organization"(
Firefighters;Vocational ethics;Job satisfaction
- Sung GJ, Seo BG, Moon ES. Modern society and occupational ethics. Seoul: Hyungseul, 2005. 14-6.
- Chang YJ. A study on substantialization of vocational ethics education: focused on moral education. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University 2016, Seoul, Korea.
- Ministry of Government Legislation. 119 Rescue, First Aid Act. Available at: http://www.law.go.kr (As of April 1, 2018)
- Joongang Daily. Police arrested firefighters in Jeju on charges of delivering one billion fire fighting equipment. Available at: http://news.joins.com/article/21168725
- Yonhap News. Firefighter who killed and arsoned their neighbors to pay gambling debts were sentenced to life imprisonment. Available at: http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2017/03/27/0200000000AKR20170327127800061.HTML
- Yoo JS. A study of the effect of professional and the job satisfaction on the ethics of social workers-focused on social workers in Gyeonggi-do. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyonggi University 2010, Suwon, Korea.
- Chung H, Kang JH. The effect on professional ethic, organizational trust and job satisfaction among private security guard. Korean Security Science Review 2013;37:9-28.
- Baek YA, Jung Y, Yoo TS. The corelation between of cosmetology worker's self efficacy, professional ethics, and job satisfaction with customer orientation. Journal of Korea Society of Design Trend 2015;49:229-42.
- Na YC, Lee HS. The effects of police officers' job satisfaction factors on self achievement and police service spirit. The Korea Association of Police Science 2012;36:55-83.
- Shin YJ. A study on job satisfaction among police officers-comparing field workers and office workers. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University 2016, Seoul, Korea.
- Jo SH. A study on a proposal for korean police's work ethic standard. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Dongguk University 2003, Seoul, Korea.
- Kim YM. Analysis on the influencing factors of work ethics awareness of workers in the franchise industry. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University 2015, Seoul, Korea.
- Park JH, Kim JH. The ethical attitude of paramedics and fire fighters. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society 2008;10(5):2535-45.
- Yun HW, Lee JM. Perceptions about the professional ethics of EMT. J Korean Inst Fire Sci Eng 2014;28(1):71-8. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2014.28.1.071 https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2014.28.1.071
- Han JY. A study on the factors to influence the korean public relations practitioners' ethical standard. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University 2011, Seoul, Korea.
- Shin MH, Lee YM. An analysis of determinantal factors influencing professional ethical standards of South Korean police women. The Journal of Police Science 2012;12(3):277-301.
- Joo JJ, Kim MH. The effects of police officer's ethical ideology and ethical climate on ethical judgment. Police Science Institute 2012;26(2):1-36.
- Lee HW. Leadership and ethical climate: the differential influence of the leaders at different levels in a hierarchy. Korean Journal of Public Administration 2016;54(3):89-111.
- Noh YG, Jung MS, Lee YS. Nurse's job satisfaction and organizational commitment according to hospital ethical climate types. J Korean Acad Nurs Adm 2013;19(4):513-24. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.513 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.4.513
- Choi IS, Cho ES. A Study on the Factors Affecting the Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of the Public Welfare Officers. Korea Association of Social Welfare Policy 2002;13:282-311.