- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Determinants of Consumer Trust toward Internet-Only Banks
인터넷전문은행의 신뢰 결정요인 연구
- Nam, Sang-Wook (School of Business Administration, Seowon University)
- 남상욱 (서원대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2018.03.21
- Accepted : 2018.04.20
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the level of trust by financial consumers and attempt to investigate the determinants that influence consumer trust in internet-only banks. For this aim, I conducted an empirical study and the survey results was used to test a structural equation model that analyzed the financial consumer trust and estimated the level of trust for internet-only banks. As a result of the analysis, the three most effective determinants of trust were security, convenience and benefit. Also, the level of financial consumer trust for the internet-only banks, based on the three factors, was later extended to relationship commitment such as renewal and recommendation intentions. Therefore, Internet-only banks need to focus on promoting their trust more effectively for future sustainable growth.
- E. G. Jeung. (2017). An Empirical Study on the Intention to Use and Use Behavior of Internet-Only Bank. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Seoul Venture University, Seoul.
- S. Kaabachi, S. B. Mrad & M. Petrescu. (2017). Consumer Initial Trust toward Internet-Only Banks in France. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 35(6), 903-924. DOI : 10.1108/ijbm-09-2016-0140 https://doi.org/10.1108/IJBM-09-2016-0140
- S. Grabner-Kräuter & R. Faullant. (2008). Consumer Acceptance of Internet Banking: The Influence of Internet Trust. International Journal of Bank Marketing 26(7), 483-504. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320810913855
- S. Kundu & S. K. Datta. (2012). A Comparative Evaluation of Customer Perception and Satisfaction of M-banking and I-banking. Journal of Transnational Management, 17(2), 118-136. DOI : 10.1080/15475778.2012.676977 https://doi.org/10.1080/15475778.2012.676977
- B. Howcroft, R. Hamilton & P. Hewer. (2002). Consumer Attitude and the Usage Andadoption of Home-Based Banking in the United Kingdom. International Journal of Bank Marketing, 20(3), 111-121. DOI : 10.1108/02652320210424205 https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320210424205
- J. Arenas-Gaitan, B. Peral-Peral & M. A Ramon- Jeronimo. (2015). Elderly and Internet Banking: An Application of UTAUT2. Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 20(1), 1-23.
- C. S. Yu. (2012). Factors Affecting Individuals to Adopt Mobile Banking: Empirical Evidence from the UTAUT Model. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, 13(2), 104-121.
- F. D. Davis. (1989). Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and Use Acceptance of Information Technology. MIS Quarterly, 13(3), 319-339. DOI : 10.2307/249008 https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- R. L. Thompson, C. A. Higgins & J. M. Howell. (1991). Personal Computing: toward a Conceptual Model of Utilization. MIS Quarterly, 15(1), 125-143. DOI : 10.2307/249443 https://doi.org/10.2307/249443
- G. C. Moore & I. Benbasat. (1991). Development of Instrument to Measure the Perceptions of Adopting an Information Technology Innovation. Information System Research, 12(3), 192-222. DOI : 10.1287/isre.2.3.192
- V. Venkatesh, J. Y. L. Thong & X. Xu. (2012). Consumer Acceptance and Use of Information Technology: Extending the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology. MIS Quarterly 36(1), 157-178. DOI : 10.1002/9781118785317.weom070047
- S. W. Nam. (2010). A Comparative Study on the Trust Level of the Life Insurance Industries in Korea, Japan and China. Korea Insurance Journal, 86, 83-111.
- Y. Y. Song & K. M. Han. (2015). A Study of Response and Plan of Banks for Mobile Payments of Non-financial Corporations. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 5(2), 7-13.
- S. H. Kim & H. M. Kwak. (2015). A Study on the Countermeasure Technology for Fin-Tech Optimized Financial Security. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 5(4), 25-30. https://doi.org/10.14801/jaitc.2015.5.2.25
- S. S. Shin, Y. S. Jeong & Y. J. An. (2015). Study of Analysis and Response and Plan for National and International Security Practices Using Fin-Tech Technologies. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 5(3), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2015.5.3.001
- H. S. Park & S. W Nam. (2017). Risk Perception and CSR Performance of SME's. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(4), 221-228. DOI : 10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.4.221 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.4.221
- S. W Nam & J. W. Yang. (2017). A Study on the Difference of SME's CSR Effects Using the Multi-Group Analysis. Journal of Convergence forInformation Technology, 7(6), 253-258.