- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of the Educational V-Factory system combining Virtual Reality
가상현실을 접목한 교육용 V-Factory 시스템 개발
- Seo, Kyeong-Jun (Department of Mechanical&Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Yun, Jung-Ho (PHOS Control Co., LTD.) ;
- Nam, Ki-Seon (PHOS Control Co., LTD.) ;
- Kim, Sung-Gaun (Department of Mechanical&Automotive Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2018.01.11
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
In industries such as automobiles and semiconductors, a lot of components are produced using PLCs based on an automatic production system. Therefore, an educational platform is needed to provide training in the use of PLCs in the industrial sites. Conventional educational systems, in which PLCs are employed to control sensors and actuators, have been continuously developed. However, these systems present their circuits only in 2D on the screen, which makes it difficult to understand them during the learning process. To overcome these disadvantages, we propose an educational V-Factory system capable of providing PLC training using virtual reality. In addition, thousands of sensors and actuators can be controlled by the V-Factory system through the proposed virtual I/O driver. The motion of the automatic production system can be visualized using virtual reality.
Education platform;PLC(Programmable Logic Controller);VR(Virtual Reality);V-Factory system;Virtual I/O driver
Supported by : 중소기업청
- H. H. Kim, S. S. Parle, K. C. Lee, and Y. Y. Hwang, "Development of Hardware-linked Simulation Platform for Automation Mechanism Training", Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 34-42, Oct., 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.201 5.14.4.034 https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2015.14.4.034
- W. S. Park, "Development of the Virtual Plant Using Mitsubishi PLC Simulation and Unity Game Engine", Proceedings of the Society of CAD/CAM Conference, pp. 153-159, Oct., 2015.
- S. K Seo, K. C. Shin, G. N. Wang, S. H. Hong, and J. H. Nam, "Virtual Manufacturing Process Simulation Based on OPC for Multiple PLC Environment Construction Methodology", Proceedings of Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Conference, pp. 387-392, Nov., 2011.
- J. O. Lee, K. H. Seok, J. S. Shim, Y. S. Kim, "A PLC Technology Education System using Augmented Reality", Proceeding of the 40th the KlEE Summer conference 2009, pp. 1911-1912, July. 2009.
- K. J. Seo, J. H. Yun, K. S. Nam, S. G. Kim, "Development of the Educational V-Factory system Using Virtual I/O Driver", The Proceedings of the 2017 KIIT.DCS Summer conference, pp. 19-21, Jun., 2017.