- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on Future New Technology in Defense Unmanned Robot
국방 무인로봇 분야 미래 신기술에 관한 실증연구
- Kim, DoeHun (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- 김도헌 (국방기술품질원)
- Received : 2018.01.26
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
With the recent increase in awareness of the diversification of patterns of warfare and security, technological evolution is occurring in the field of autonomous defense robots. As defense science and technology develops with the development of the concept of military utilization focusing on human lives and economic operation, the importance of autonomous robots in the effect-oriented future battlefield is increasing. The major developed countries have developed core technologies, investment strategies, priorities, data securing strategies and infrastructure development related to the field of autonomous defense robots, and research activities such as technology planning and policy strategy for autonomous defense robots in Korea have already begun. In addition, the field of autonomous defense robots encompasses technologies that represent the fourth industrial revolution, such as artificial intelligence, big data, and virtual reality, and so the expectations for this future area of technology are very high. It is difficult to predict the path of technological development due to the increase in the demand for new rather than existing technology. Moreover, the selection and concentration of strategic R&D is required due to resource constraints. It is thought that a preemptive response is needed. This study attempts to derive 6 new technologies that will shape the future of autonomous defense robots and to obtain meaningful results through an empirical study.
Defense Unmanned Robot;Future New Technology;Technological Forecasting;The Fourth Industrial Revolution;Unmanned Robot
- C. Isik, A. Meystel, "Decision making at a level of a hierarchical control for unmanned robot," IEEE Xplore, 2003.
- " '17-'31 Core Technology Plan," Defense Acquisition Program Administration.
- "Defense Science and Technology Survey 2016," Defense Agency for Technology and Quality. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ROBOT.1986.1087470
- Ingo Schwartz, "PRIMUS: realization aspects of an autonomous unmanned robot," Enhanced and Synthetic Vision, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1117/12.317489 https://doi.org/10.1117/12.317489
- Lisa N, "The Robot : the life story of a technology," Westpost CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, 2007.
- "'11-'36 Unmanned Systems Integrated Roadmap, US Department of Defense.
- "'10-'24 Defense S&T Strategy," Ministry of National Defense.