- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Modeling Method for SRM Design
SRM 설계를 위한 유한 요소 모델링 기법
- Bae, Jae-Nam (Department of Electrical Engineering, Dongyang Mirae University) ;
- Lee, Sung-Gul (Division of Nano-technology, Busan University of Foreign Studies) ;
- Kim, Won-Ho (Department of Energy IT, Gachon University)
- Received : 2018.01.30
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
SRMs are difficult to design using a simple mathematical model and, consequently, numerical analysis based characteristics analysis is used including drive circuits. In this process, it is necessary to analyze the trends according to the change of the design factors, however, many of the design factors affect each other. In order to shorten the design time and achieve a proper design, a modeling technique based on the design parameters is needed. For this purpose, this paper summarizes the formulas employed for shape modeling by minimizing the number of major design factors of the SRM, and proposes a methodology for SRM design using these formulas. In particular, we propose a design method for a 6/4-pole model, one which has been studied for a long time, and showed an example of a design produced by the proposed method.
Switched Reluctance Motor;Finite Element Modeling;6/4 SRM;Design Procedure;Shape Design
Supported by : 동양미래대학교
- Cheng He, Chen Hao, Wang Qianlong, Xu Shaohui, Yang Shunyao, "Design of a Switched Reluctance Motor Driving an Electric Compressor for HEVs," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 620-625, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.620 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.5.620
- Jin-Woo Ahn, "Design and Drive Characteristics of Low Voltage 8/6 SRM for Fan Application," The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 1371-1376, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.10.1371 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.10.1371
- Kyeong-Ho Choi, Dong-Hee Kim, Chae-Gyun Ro, Min-Huei Kim, "A Study on Calculating Inductance Characteristics of Switched Reluctance Motor," The Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 333-340, 2001.
- Hao Chen, Dong-Hee Lee, Jin-Woo Ahn, "Design and Drive of 3-phase 6/8 SRM," The Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 48-55, 2003.