- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis and Improvement of Defense Technology Planning in Response to the Fourth Industrial Revolution
4차 산업혁명 대응을 위한 국방기술기획 분석 및 개선방안 연구
- Noh, Sang-Woo (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Song, Yu Ha (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Choi, Jong-Min (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality)
- Received : 2018.01.24
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
With the rise of the fourth industrial revolution, the importance of establishing R&D strategies to develop ICT technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Robots, the Internet of Objects, and 3D Printing is increasing. In this study, we analyzed the effects of the fourth industrial revolution on society and the present state of the national defense technology planning system, and proposed improvement measures for the utilization of the fourth industrial revolution in the defense industry from the perspective of defense R&D. The current defense R&D strategy focuses on securing the core technologies of each weapon system required by the military through research and development. Under the current system, the role of fourth industrial revolution technology will be confined to some of the weapons systems required by the military. In order to overcome this limitation, we propose a technology roadmap for the future weapons systems.
Artificial Intelligence;Big Data;Defense Technology Planning;Fourth Industrial Revolution;IoT;Robot
- K. Schwab, "The Fourth Industrial Revolution," World Economy Forum, 2016.
- J. Lee, "Korea's Opportunity in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution," World Economy Forum, Medici Media, 2017.
- KT Economic Research Institute, "Korea's Fourth Industrial Revolution," 2017.
- "The Future of Jobs," Report of World Economy Forum, 2016.
- "2017-2013 Critical Technology Plan," Defense Acquisition Program Administration, 2017.
- Ministry of National Defense, "Study on the Improvement of Defense Technology Research and Development," Defense policy forum, 2011.