- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analytical Study of Railroad Bridge for Maglev Propulsion Train with Dynamical Influence Variable
동적영향변수를 통한 자기부상열차용 철도교의 해석적 연구
- Yoo, Yi-Seul (Department of Civil Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Park, Won-Chan (Korea Electric Association) ;
- Yhim, Sung-Soon (Department of Civil Engineering, University of Seoul)
- Received : 2018.03.08
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
Because maglev trains have a propulsion and absorption force without contact with the rails, they can drive safely at high-speed with little oscillation. Recently, test model of a maglev propulsion train was produced and operated, and has since been chosen as a national growth industry in South Korea; there have been many studies and considerable investment in these fields. This study examined the dynamic responses due to bridge-maglev train interaction and basic material to design bridges for maglev trains travelling at high-speed. Depending on the major factors affecting the dynamic effects, the scope of this study was restricted to the relationship between dynamic responses. A concrete box girder was chosen as a bridge model and injured train and rail types in domestic production were selected as the moving train load and guideway analysis model, respectively. From the analysis results, the natural frequency of a bridge for a maglev train, which has a deflection limit L/2000, was higher than those of bridges for general trains. The dynamic responses of the girder of the bridge for a maglev train showed a substantial increase in proportion to the velocities of the moving train like other general bridge cases. Maximum dynamic response of the girder is shown at a moving velocity of 240km/h and increased with increasing moving velocity of train. These results can be used to design a bridge for maglev propulsion trains and provide the basic data to confirm the validity and verification of the design code.
Guideway;Maglev propulsion train;Moving Train Load;Railway Bridge;Vehicle-Bridge Interaction
- H. J. Cho, Performance Test of the Urban Transit Maglev Vehicle (UTM-01) in Korea, Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, vol. 1998, no. 6, pp. 102-107, 1998.
- Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, Development of Test and Performance Evaluation Te chnology for the Urban Transit Maglev System, pp. 1-225, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, 1999.
- H. J. Cho, M. H. Yoo, J. M. Lee, Status of Maglev Development in Korea, Journal of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 2001, no. 4, pp. 362-365, 2001.
- H. J. Cho, Development of Key Technologies of the Urban Transit Maglev Train, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials, pp. 1-1867, 2003.
- A. R. Wheeler, Aspects of the Design and Constructi on of D.C. Magnetic Suspension Systems, Ph. D. thesis, University of Sussex., 1975.
- B. V. Jayawant, et. al., Development of 1-ton Magnetically Suspended Vehicle using Controlled D.C. Electromagnets, Proc. IEE, 123, pp. 941-948, 1976. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1049/piee.1976.0203
- D. G. Aylwin, The Design of Controlled D.C. Magnetic Suspension Systems., M. Phil thesis, University of Sussex, 1977.
- J. P.Bullock, Analysis and Design of an Electromagn etic Suspension System, Internal Report, University of Warwick, 1985.
- P. K. Sinha, Electromagnetic Suspension Dynamics & Control, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, United Kingdom, 1987.
- C. F. Zhao, and Zhai, W. M., Maglev Vehicle/ Guideway vertical random response and ride quality, Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 185-210, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.18.104.22.16889
- S. D. Kwon, Bridge-Vehicle interaction Analysis of Suspension Bridges Considering the Effects of the Shear Deformation, Journal of the Earthquake Engineering Society of Korea, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1-11, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2004.8.6.001
- J. S. Lee, Dynamic Interaction Analysis between Actively Controled Maglev and Guideway, Ph. D. thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, 2008.
- M. S. Kong, S. S. Yhim, Dynamic Analysis of Structures under Moving Loads in Time and Frequency Domain, Journal of The Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 87-94, 2007.
- S. D. Kwon, Effectiveness of TMDs for Control of Traffic Induced Bridge Vibrations, KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 18, no. 1-4, pp. 457-467, 1998.
- S. C. Yang, Evaluation of Dynamic Force Subjected to Substructure Considering Train and Track Interaction, vol. 17, no. 1-4, pp. 79-88, 1997.
- Y. N. Hong, Won-Seok Chung, In-Ho Yeo, Analysis of Dynamic Responses of Urban Maglev Guideway, International journal of railway, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 115-121, 2009.