- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Experiences of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) Treatment in Benign Uterus Neoplasms
자궁양성종양 환자의 고강도 초음파 집속술(HIFU) 치료 경험
- Park, Seo A (Hyosung women's Hospital/College of Nursing, Graduate School of Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hye Young (College of Nursing, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2018.03.19
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study was to identify the experience of patients with uterine benign neoplasms in response to high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment. The study participants were patients who received high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment after diagnosis of benign uterine neoplasms and were contacted through purposive techniques. Five patients agreed to participate in this study. Data were collected from February, 2018 to May, 2018 at Women's hospital in D city. The interview data were analyzed by the phenomenological analysis method developed by Colaizzi using open-ended questions during in-depth interviews. Three categories emerged from the analysis using Colaizzi's method: 1) Discomfort. 2) Ambivalence. 3) Will and need. These study results contribute to a deeper understanding of the experience of patients with uterine benign neoplasms in response to high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment. Therefore, it should be developed as part of an effective nursing education program to provide evidence-based guidelines and nursing interventions that alleviate health problems in patients receiving high-intensity focused ultrasound treatment and proper nursing understanding of the development of new treatment methods for woman's health.
Benign neoplasms;Experiences;Ultrasound;Uterus;Woman's health
- Y. S. Eo, N. Y. Lee, J.W. Lee, H. J. Cha, The Effects of Supportive Nursing Intervention Using Video-Program of Operating Room Nurses before Operation on Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Patient's Anxiety. 4, pp. 2639-2646, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2639 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.4.2639
- H. S. Lim, E. K. Yu. "A Comparative Study on the Sexual Life of Women and Spouses after Hysterectomy.," Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 9, 2, pp. 189-200, 2003.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare "Statistical Yearbook of the Ministry of Health and Welfare," KOSIS, 2015
- S. C. Goodwin & J. B. Spies, "Uterine Fibroid Embolization." New England Journal of Medicine, 361,7, pp. 690-697, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMct0806942 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMct0806942
- W. Gedroyc & L. Regan, "Magnetic - resonance -guided Percutaneous Laser Ablation of Uterine Fibroids." The Lancet, 354, 9195,pp. 2049-2050, 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(99)04958-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(99)04958-2
- O. C. Smart, J. T. Hindley, L. Regan, & W. M. W. Gedroyc, "Magnetic resonance guided focused ultrasound surgery of uterine fibroids the tissue effects of GnRH agonist pre-treatment." European journal of radiology, 59,2, pp. 163-167, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2006.04.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejrad.2006.04.009
- X. L. Ren, X. D, Zhou, R. L. Yan, D. Liu, J. Zhang, G. B. He, & M. Yu, "Sonographically Guided Extracorporeal Ablation of Uterine Fibroids With High Intensity Focused Ultrasound: Midterm Results." 1, pp. 100-103, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7863/jum.2009.28.1.100 https://doi.org/10.7863/jum.2009.28.1.100
- O. V. Bessonova, V. A. Khokhlova, M. R. Bailey, M. S. Canney, & L. A. Crum, "Focusing of high power ultrasound beams and limiting values of shock wave parameters." Acoustical physics 55, 4-5, pp. 463-473, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1063771009040034
- F. Wang, L. Tang, L. Wang, X. Wang, J. Chen, X. Liu, & Y. Gong, "Ultrasound-guided high-intensity Focused Ultrasound vs Laparoscopic myomectomy for symptomatic uterine myomas." 2, pp. 279-284, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2013.09.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2013.09.004
- M. J. Cho, M. S. Hong, "A study on the effect of supportive nursing care to anxiety reduction of the patient immediately before surgery in the operating room," 13, 4, pp. 632-640, 2001.
- G. S. Kang, E. M. Jun, "The Effects of the Video Education Program on the Residual urine, Gas Passing and State Anxiety of Hysterectomy Patients.," Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 16, 4, pp. 409-418, December, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2010.16.4.409
- National Health Insurance Corporation, "Statistics of health insurance " 2015. http://www.nhic.or.kr
- J. J. Tseng, Y. H. Chen, H. Y. Chiang, & C. H. Lin, Increased risk of breast cancer in women with uterine myoma: a nationwide, population-based, case-control study. 28, 3, May 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3802/jgo.2017.28.e35
- Y. J. Choi, J. Chang, Y. A. Kim, S. H. Chang, K. C. Chun, J. W. Koh, Innervation in women with uterine myoma and adenomyosis. Obstetrics and gynecology science, 58,2, pp. 150-156, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5468/ogs.2015.58.2.150 https://doi.org/10.5468/ogs.2015.58.2.150
- E. S. Song, Ultrasound Imaging Guided High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) may be a safe tool to ablate uterine myoma. Korean Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 52,8, pp. 843-849, August 2009.
- K. R. Shin, M. O. Jo, J. H. Yang, Qualitative research methodology. Seoul: Ewha Womans University Press, 2004.
- PF Colaizzi. Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it. In: Valle RS, King M, editors. Existential-Phenomenological Alternatives for Psychology. New-York: Oxford University Press; p. 48-71, 1978.
- Y. S. Lincoln, E. G. Guba, Naturalistic Inquiry, Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publications, 1985.
- J. H. Kim, The effects of pre-operational education using audio-visual medium on the state anxiety, sleeping satisfaction, momentum and amount of residual urine of hysterectomy patients, Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2004.
- C. G. Kim, M. S. Moon, "Effects of the Provision of Nursing Information on Patient's Satisfaction after Abdominal Surgery " Korean Journal Adult Nursing, 11,3, pp. 570-580, 1999.
- S. R. Jeon, H. J. Park, "Effect of Preoperative Education using Multimedia on Pain, Uncertainty, Anxiety and Depression in Hysterectomy Patients." Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 22,1, pp. 39 ,2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2016.22.1.39 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2016.22.1.39
- S. H Hong, Perceptional Difference between Patients and Nurses on the Level of the Educational Provision Preoperation. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, 1999.
- P. Zivdir & R. Sohbet, Effect of feelings of guilt and shame on life quality of women in menopause. 23,1, pp. 5-14, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6118/jmm.2017.23.1.5 https://doi.org/10.6118/jmm.2017.23.1.5
- M. Jafari, B. Seifi, & M. Heidari, Risk Assessment: Factors Contributing to Discomfort for Menopausal Women in Workplace. 23,2, pp. 85-90, 2017.