- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Physical Activity Practice Rates and Knowledge Related to Cardiocerebrovascular Disease Prevention on Health Behavior Case Study Focusing on Middle Aged Women with Risk of Central Obesity
중심비만 위험인자를 가진 중년여성의 신체활동 실천율, 심뇌혈관질환 예방관련 지식이 건강행위에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Byeong-Ju (College of Nursing, Andong Science College, Graduate School of Hanyang University) ;
- Hwang, Seon-Young (College of Nursing, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2018.03.02
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
This study was conducted to evaluate the effects of physical activity practice rates and knowledge related to cardiocerebrovascular disease prevention on the health behavior of middle aged women. Data were collected from Oct to Nov 2017 from 142 middle-aged women living in 24 Eup, Myeon, and Dong areas in North Gyeongsangbuk-do Province using a structured questionnaire. The obtained data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-tests, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation, and stepwise multiple regression analysis. The major factors influencing health behavior were found to be alcohol consumption (
Cardiovascular disease;Cerebrovascular disease;Health behavior;Knowledge;Practice rate of physical activity
- K. Y. Kwon, "Clinical Significance of Visceral Adipose Tissue," Korean Journal of Family Medicine, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 739-747, 2007.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, "National Health Statistics," [Internet]189-192, 2015[cited 2016 December 21]. Available from: https://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/knhanes/sub04/sub04_03.do?classType=7.
- Sternfeld, B., Bhat, A. K., Wang, H., Sharp, T., Quesenberry, C.P.,"Menopause, Physical Activity, and Body Composition/Fat Distribution in Midlife Women," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol. 37, No. 7, pp. 1195-1202, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.mss.0000170083.41186.b1
- M. S. Han, "Metabolic Syndrome Emerging from Menopause," Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 127-135, 2011.
- H. M. Shin, "The influence on cardiovascular mortality of the metabolic syndrome in Korean postmenopausal women," Graduate School, Catholic University. Doctor of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul, 2012.
- M. K. Park, J. H. Kim, "Effects of a Comprehensive Lifestyle Improvement Program for Middle-aged Women with Cardio-cerebrovascular Disease-related Risk Factors," Journal of Korean Acad Community Health Nursing, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 111-122, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.2.111 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.2.111
- Statistics Korea, The lives of women looking to 2014 statistics[Internet]. Daejeon:Statistics Korea; 2014[cited 2014 June 26]. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=346959
- K. A. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, "Knowledge on Cardio-cerebrovascular Disease and Health Behaviors among Middle-aged Postmenopausal Women at Risk," Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 424-435, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.4.424 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.4.424
- K. S. Yun, S. H. Cho, "Association of Waist Circumference with Risk Factors for Coronary Artery Diseasesin Women Patients with Chest Pain," Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 248-258, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.3.248
- Eguchi, E., Iso, H., Tanabe, N., Wada, Y., Yatsuya, H., Kikuchi, S., Inaba Y., Tamakoshi A., "Healthy lifestyle behaviours and cardiovascular mortality among Japanese men and women: the Japan collaborative cohrot study," European heart journal, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 467-477, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehr429
- Kling JM, Miller VM, Mankad R, Wilansky S, Wu Q, Zais TG, Zarling KK, Allison TG, Mulvagh SL, "Go Red For Women cardiovascular health-screening evaluation: The dichotomy between awareness and perception of cardiovascular risk in the community," Journal of Women's Health, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 210-218, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2012.3744 https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2012.3744
- H. S. Lee, "The Effects of Aerobic Exercise for Body Composition, Serum Lipids, Self-Efficacy and Life Satisfaction in Middle-aged Women," Korean Journal of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 196-204, 2007.
- Haidinger T, Zwimuller M, Stutz L, Demir D, Kaider A, Strametz-Juranek J., "Effect of gender on awareness of cardiovascular risk factors, preventive action taken, and barriers to cardiovascular health in a group of Austrian subjects," Gender Medicine, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 94-102, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.genm.2012.02.001
- Statistics Korea. 2015. Women's life in statistics. [Internet], Daejeon:Author; 2015 [cited 2015 July 2], Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/wnsearch/search/jsp
- I. H. Kim, "The Effects of Exercise Therapy and Exercise-Behavior Modification Therapy on Obesity, Blood Lipids, and Self-esteem of the Obese Middle-aged Women," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 844-854, 2002. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.6.844 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.6.844
- K. J. Lee, "Effects of a Exercise Program on Body Composition, Physical Fitness and Lipid Metabolism for Middle-Aged Obese Women," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1248-1257, 2005. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.7.1248 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.7.1248
- M. S. Song, Y. K. Yoo, N. C. Kim, "Effects of Walking and Resistance Exercise on Body Composition and Lipid Profile of Obese Women in their 30-30s," Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 412-419, 2011.
- J. H. Nam, "Effect of Weight Control Program on Obesity Degree and Blood Lipid Levels among Middle-aged Obese Women," Korean Journal of Food Nutrition, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 70-78, 2006.
- K. W. Kim, "Obesity Prevalence and Weight Control Programs for Middle-Aged Women," Journal of Women's Studies, vol. 25, pp. 153-166, 2010.
- M. S. Kim, M. S. Choi, K. N. Kim, "Effect of Nutritional Education and Exercise Intervention on Reducing and Maintaining Weight in Obese Women," Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 80-89, 2007.
- J. S. Kang, H. S. Kim, "A Study on the Evaluation of a Nutritional Education Program for the Middle Aged Obese Women," Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 356-367, 2004.
- K. S. Lee, J. H. Lee, "Effect of the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension diet with aerobic exercise on body composition and blood lipid profiles in obese individuals," The Korean Journal of Exercise Nutrition, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 17-21, 2010.
- J. Y. Oh, Y. J. Yang, B. S. Kim, J. H. Kang, "Validity and Reliability of Korean Version of International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ) Short Form," Journal of Korean Academy of Family Medicine, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 532-541, 2007.
- Craig CL, Marshall AL, Sjostrom M, Bauman AE, Booth ML, Ainsworth BE, Pratt M, Ekelund U, Yngve A, Sallis JF, Oja P, "International physical activity questionnaire: 12-country reliability and validity," vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 1381-1395, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000078924.61453.FB
- H. S. Park, "The effects of lifestyle modification education program on the workers' knowledge, attitude and behavior to prevent cerebrocardiovascular diseases in middle and small-sized industries," Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul, 2008.
- E. Y. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, "Incidence Risk of Cardiocerebrovascular Disease, Preventive Knowledge, Stage of Change and Health Behavior among Male Bus Drivers," Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 537-551, 2011.
- Walker, S. N., Sechrist, K. R., & Pender, N. J., "The health-promoting lifestyle profile: development and psychometric characteristics," Nursing Research, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 76-81, 1987.
- R. Y. Song, H. J. Lee, "Effects of the Inpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program on Behavioral Modification and Quality of Life in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 463-475, 2000. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.2.463 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.2.463
- Y. O. Kang, Y. C. Cho, "Factors Related to Knowledge, Health Belief and Sick Role Behavior to the Coronary Artery Disease among Patients with Coronary Artery Disease," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 4985-4994, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4985 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.11.4985
- S. H. Kim, S. H. Lee, "Influences of Knowledge, Self-efficacy, and Social Support on Sick Role Behavior in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease," Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 228-240, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2014.28.2.228 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2014.28.2.228
- K. A. Kim, S. Y. Hwang, "Effects of a Daily Life-Based Physical Activity Enhancement Program among Middle-aged Women at Risk for Cardiovascular Disease," [dissertation]. Hanyang University, Seoul, 2018.
- J. K. Ko, "Analysis of Factors Affecting the Health Behavior of Taxi-drivers," Journal of East-West Nursing Research, vol. 15, no. 2, pp 71-81, 2009.
- J. H. Kim, M.. G. Kwon, S. K. Jung, "The Influence of Health Locus of Control, Social Support, and Self-Efficacy on Health Promoting Behavior in Middle-Aged Adults," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 494-503, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.494 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.494
- D. T. Lee, Y. S. Seo, Y. S. Son, E. M. Moon, Y. J. Jin. "Estimation of Physical Activity Levels Using International Physical Activity Questionnaires(IPAQ) and its Reliability for Overweight Middle Aged Women," The Korean Society of Living Environmental System, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 123-153, 2017.
- S. K. Lee, M. K. Moon, "Factors influencing metabolic syndrome perception and exercising behaviors in Korean adults: Data mining approach," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 581-588, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.12.581 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.12.581
- M. Y. Ham, S. H. Lim, "Effects of Obesity Stress and Health Belief on Weight Control Behavior among Nursing Students," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 459-468, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.459 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.11.459
- S. O. Lee, S. E. Oh, M. H. Jeong, H. K. Kim, H. J. Jeon, Y. J. Choi, S. S. Kim, J. S. Ko, M. G. Lee, D. S. Sim, K. H. Park, N. S. Yun, "Clinical impact of symptom-to-door time on 1-year mortality in patients with non-ST segment elevation acute myocardial infarction," Korean Journal of Medicine, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 717-724, 2010.
- A. R. Kim, I. S. Yang, "Effects of Exercise on Endothelial Progenitor Cells in Cardiovascular Disease Patients: A Systematic Review," Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 366-379, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.366 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.366