- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of the Relationship Between Quality of Service and the Audience Attitude Variables of the Korean traditional opera Performance
창극공연의 서비스품질과 관객태도 변인 간의 관계 분석
- Kim, Su-Jin (Division of Performing Arts, Hanyang University)
- 김수진 (한양대학교 공연예술학과)
- Received : 2018.01.10
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study is to examine the effect of the quality of performance on audience satisfaction, and to verify the mediating effect of service value and traditional image in this process. The subjects of this study included 211 male and female adults who experienced the Korean opera performance in Seoul, Korea in October. Collected data was used as a model of path coefficients obtained through analysis of covariance structure and hypothesis test. As a result of verification, program quality, physical environment quality, and quality of the stage performance perceived by the audience showed a statistically significant positive correlation with performance experience attributes. The path coefficient between performance attribute and service value, performance experience attribute and traditional image were also positively and statistically significant. Further, the path coefficient between performance experience and audience satisfaction showed a positive relationship. The service value and traditional image, service value and audience satisfaction, and the path coefficient between traditional image and audience satisfaction were statistically and positively significant. Finally, all hypotheses were adopted and study results confirmed the effect of service quality and experience attributes on audience satisfaction for the popularization, modernization and marketing strategy of the Korean opera. In this process, it is meaningful to verify the role and function of service value and traditional image.
audience behavior;korean traditional opera;modernization;popularization;service quality;traditional performing arts
- Seung-Hee Im, “A Study on the Categorization of the Audience and its Changing Factors for the Expansion of the Korean Traditional Performing Arts,” a culture industry study, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 41-49, 2014.
- Gyeong-Ho Ryu, "Characteristics of Production of Korean Classical Opera and Alternatives for its Development," Pansori Study, vol. 27, pp. 59-87, 2009.
- Byung-Chang Kwak, "A Study about possibility of 'Chang-geuk(traditional opera)' to be popular performance contents," Pansori Study, vol. 38, pp. 153-204, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18102/jp.2014.10.38.153 https://doi.org/10.18102/jp.2014.10.38.153
- Hyun-Wook Shin, Yong-Bum Kim, "Study on Developing the New Performance Format of Korean Traditional Opera," Humanities Content Society, no. 17, pp. 371-391, 2010.
- Gyeong-Ho Ryu, A Study on the Historical Development and the Types of the Chang-pok Directing, a doctoral dissertation, Jeonbuk University, 2011.
- Jae-Sung Lee, "A Study on the Process of the Transition and Development of Chang-geuk (the traditional Korean opera)," Theater Study, vol. 20, pp. 101-142, 2012.
- Yeong-Dae Yoo, "The Tradition of Changgeuk and the history of National Changgeuk Company of Korea," Korean Studies, vol. 33, pp. 143-207, 2010. https://doi.org/10.25024/ksq.33.3.201009.143
- Kwang-Wook Kim, "The Identity and the Method of Developing of Korean Classical Opera as a Performance Contents," people nation language, vol. 33, pp. 91-108, 2004.
- E. Langeard, P. Eiglier, "La servuction des services financiers en tant que systeme de communication," Revue francaise du marketing, Adetem, No. 221, pp. 129-139, 1999.
- Ji-Soo Park, “Study on the Influence of Service of Service Quality on Customer Loyalty of the Tourist Industry Event,” The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 102-115, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.2.102
- Eun-Ja Koo, Young-ae Koo , Sung-Hwan Choi , "The study of Influences of Physical Environment of Choir Performance Services on Quality of Interaction, Quality of Outcome and Behavioral Intention," The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 8297-8305, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8297 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8297
- Ho-Jong Yoo, “Effects of the Empirical Characteristics of the Corporate Performance Culture Service on the purpose of the Re-examination,” e-Business study, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 519-538, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.11.3.201009.519
- B. H. Schmitt, Experiential marketing, Sejong Books, 1999.
- Ji-Hoon Kim, "A Study on the Effect of perceived Experience Value on Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty in Elderly Consumers: With the Center of a Department store," M.A. degree dissertation, Youngnam University, 2006.
- J. Dewey, Democracy and Education, The Macmillan Co., 1916.
- Suk-Mo Jang, "Effects of Local Festival Experience-Value on Urban Brand Stock and Revisit Intentations," M.A. degree dissertation, Jungang University, 2011.
- N. Shedroff, Experiential Design, Ingraphix, 2004.
- Eun-Ah Park, "A Study on the Effects of Performance Arts Customer Experience Values on the Relationship Quality and Loyalty: The Role of Parameters in Emotion and Action Flow," the doctor's degree dissertation, Sejong University, 2012.
- Joo-Eun Ji, So-Young Kim, “A Study on the Flow Experience Structural Model of Musical Audience,” Cultural and Economic Research, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 87-114, 2009.
- Byung-Gi Lee, Joo-Ho Kim, "Validate Model of Relationship Between Psychological Process Factors and Service Value, Viewing Pleasure and Consumer Behaviors of Professional Sports Consumers," Korean sports industry journal of business administration, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 51-65, 2008.
- Joong-Woong Nam, Kang-Hoon Suk, "The Effect of perceived Value on Customer Satisfaction, Through the Lifestyle of Sports Tourists," Korean sports industry journal of business administration, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 1-13, 2008.
- J. N. Sheth, B. L. Newman, B. L. Gross, Consumption values and market choice: theory and applications, South-Western Publishing Co., 1991.
- Jae-Hwa Lee, "An Analysis of Visitors ' Satisfaction and Volunteerism according to the Types of Creative Korean Traditional Performing Arts," the doctor's degree dissertation, Chugye University for the Arts, 2010.
- Seung-Hee Kuk, Chan-Woo Ahn, "The Relationship Among the Performance Satisfaction, the Image of Korea and Post-viewing Behaviors by Korea Traditional Dance Performance Foreign Audiences," Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 345-356, 2012.
- Won-ju Choi, Hong-Kyu Kim, Brand is communication., Communication books, 2005.
- D. J. Kwun, H. Oh, "Consumers' evaluation of brand portfolios," Hospitality Management, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 81-97, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2005.09.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2005.09.003
- K. L. Keller, "Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing customer-based brand equity," Journal of Marketing, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 1-22, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1252054 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252054
- E. Martinez, T. Montaner, J. M. Pina, "Brand extension feedback : The role of advertising," Journal of Business Research, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 305-313, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.05.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.05.009
- Seong-Yeop Kim, Hye-Young Joo, "How Quality of Service, Images and Service Values Impact on Customer Satisfaction and Reuse Intentions - Quality of Service in Korean Yoga Center," Merchandising, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 111-125, 2007.
- Jong-Hwan Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Service Quality and Enterprise Image Factors on the Quality of Relationship and the Performance of Related Marketing," the doctor's degree dissertation, Dankook University, 2009.
- C. Groonroos, "A Service Quality Model and Its Marketing Implications," European Journal of Marketing, vol. 18, pp. 36-44, 1984. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784 https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- U. Lethinen, J. R. Lethinen, Service Quality: A Study of Quality Dimensions, Service Management Institute, 1982.
- R. T. Rust, R. L. Oliver, R. L., Service Quality: New Directions in Theory and Practice, Sage Publications, 1994.
- M. K. Brady, J. J. Cronin Jr., "Some New Thoughts on Conceptualizing Peceived Service Quality: A Hierarchical Approach," Journal of Marketing, vol. 65, pp. 34-49, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.126.96.36.19934 https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.188.8.131.5234
- Moon-Sik Seo, Mi-Sook Shin, Seung-Bum Ha, Sae-Byul Lee, "A Multilateral Study on the Relative Influence of Quality of Service when Watching Cultural and Artistic Performances , A study of consumption culture, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 31-58, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17053/jcc.2015.18.1.002
- Je-Yoon Jung, "A Study on the Customer Satisfaction and Reexpectancy Factors of Performing Arts Service," the doctor's degree dissertation, Seoul Venture University, 2012.
- Jung-Sook Ko "Satisfaction Factors and Relationships between the Performance of Traditional Performing Arts and the Inquiries of the Re-Bank," the doctor's degree dissertation, Sangmyung University 2009.
- Yeo-Ju Kang, "Analysis of Audience s Satisfaction Rate for Performance Marketing Invigoration of National Gugak Center," Journal of the National Center for Korean Traditional Performing Arts, vol. 25, pp. 1-22, 2012.
- Jin-Ie Lee, "A Study on the Unification of Information Design for the User Experience," M.A. degree dissertation, Hanyang University, 2009.
- A. Mehrabian, J. Russell, An approach to Environmental Psychology, MIT press, 1974.
- C. Mathwick, N. Malhota, E. Rigdon, "Experimental value: conceptualization, measurement and application in the catalog and internet shopping environment," Journal of Retailing, vol. 77, pp. 39-56, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00045-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00045-2
- J. G. Li, "The Effects of Store Physical Environment on Perceived Crowding and Shopping Behavior," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Auburn University, 2004.
- Soo-Hee Oh, "A Study on the Influence of Sense, Sensibility, and Recognition Experiences on Experience Values and Brand Attitudes toward Architecture," M.A. degree dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Eun-Mi Lee, "A Study on the Effects of Empirical Value and Emotion on Consumer-Brand Relations and Brand Loyalty: Focusing on Family Restaurant," M.A. degree dissertation, Sejong University, 2010.
- Jung-Hak Oh, "A Study on the Integrated Model of the Value Creation Process of Travel Destination Asset Branding : Triangular verification by content analysis, evidence theory, SEM," the doctor's degree dissertation, KyungHee University, 2011.
- V. A. Zeithaml, M. J. Bitner, Services Marketing, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1996.
- R. N. Bolton, F. H. Drew, "A Longitudinal Analysis of the Impact of Service Changes on Customer Attitudes," Journal of Marketing, vol. 55, pp. 1-9, 1991. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1252199
- Hyun-Joo Oh, "The Impacts of the Festival Image on Daegu Image - Based on the '2008 Dagu International Opera Festival(DIOF),"A study of tourism, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 229-244, 2011.
- Kyung-Hee Um, "How Brand Images Affect the Brand Marketing Strategy of Prada," Journal of Korean Design Culture, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 21-23, 2002.
- Hyung-Joon Park, "Effects of Sports Event Image Matching on Brand Assets and Defense Intentions," the doctor's degree dissertation, Kyung Hee University, 2010.
- R. L. Oliver, "Measurement and evaluation of satisfaction process in retailsetting," Journal of Retailing, vol. 57, pp. 25-48, 1981.
- R. L. Oliver, "A Cognitive Model of the Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction Decisions," Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 17, pp. 460-469, 1980. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499 https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Mi-Hyun Park, "A Study on the Effects of Quality of Internet Shopping Mall Service on Internet Shopping Center Experience-Consumer-Internet Branding and Internet Brand Loyalty," M.A. degree dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Seung-In Lee , Yoon-Seo Park, "A Study on the Effects of Quality of Service on Consumption Emotion and Flow Experience in Internet Shopping Mal l:" From a Flow Theory Rowing Point of View with PAD Model," Consumerism.vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 1-29, 2013.
- Young-Mi Kim, Han-Young Ryu, "An Empirical Study on the Effects of Interaction Attributes on the User Experience,"Korean Design Forum, vol. 30, pp. 265-274, 2011.
- Yeon-Ho Choi, "Model of Immersion and Post-Visit Behavior According to the Performance Experience Value and Performance Emotion of Taekwondo Performances," the doctor's degree dissertation, Kookmin University, 2013.
- Yeon-Hee Choi, Hee-Soo Lee, "A Study on the Effects of Family Restaurant Brand Images, perceived Values of Quality of Service, Customer Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention Study," Research on Tourism, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 169-187, 2013.