- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Educational Needs for Career Anchor and Career Development of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 커리어앵커와 경력개발을 위한 교육요구 분석
- Lee, Ji-An (Educational Development Institute, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Su-Hong (Department of Education, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2018.01.18
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate the educational needs for career development according to the job type of nursing college students. In order to achieve the purpose of the study, 146 nursing college students from K and P universities in the Busan and Kyungnam areas were analyzed using a career anchor questionnaire. In addition, 28 nursing college students who showed a higher level of tendency among job types were selected and divided into 4 teams, and a focus group interview was conducted based on the contents of the created map. Its purpose is to investigate the educational needs of nursing college students to enhance their career development. First, the career anchor types of the nursing college students showed the highest score in the areas of lifestyle, security and stability, while the lowest types of career anchor were pure challenge and general managerial competence. Second, the educational needs for career development were categorized into four areas, namely major competence, practical competence, personality competence, and resource management competence. The major competences are nursing expertise and skills. The practical competences consisted of ward task management, communication, crisis coping ability and personality competence and these were divided into cooperation and responsibility recognition. The resource management competence consists of time management ability and stress management ability. The results of this study are meaningful in that they can be used as the basic educational data for the career development of nursing college students in the future. In addition, it is expected that they can be applied to the development of a curriculum for the improvement of nursing practice.
Nursing Student;Career Anchors;Career Development;Career Education;Educational Needs
Supported by : 부산대학교
- E. A. Kim, "Developing a predication model regarding adjustment of nursing students to college life," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Chonnam, 2011.
- B. H. Kim, B. Y. Chung, J. K. Kim, A. Y. Lee, S. Y. Hwang, J. A. Cho, J. A. Kim, "Current situation and the forecast of supply and demand of the nursing workforce in Korea," Korean J Adult Nurs, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 701-711, December, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.701 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2012.24.6.701
- K. A. Lee, J. H. Kim, "Nursing students' awareness of career decision-making self-efficacy, career search behavior and commitment to career choice," Perspectives in Nursing Science, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 42-49, April, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2015.12.1.42 https://doi.org/10.16952/pns.2015.12.1.42
- H. Jung, J. Y. Hong, "Mediating effect of commitment to a career choice in the relation between career preparation behavior and career decision level among university students," Asian Journal of Education, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 353-374, March, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2013.14.1.014 https://doi.org/10.15753/aje.2013.14.1.014
- Y. M. Yun, K. S. Sung, E. J. Kim, "The effects of core competencies on adaptation of the major, career identity and career search ability in nursing students," J Korean Acad Soc Home Care Nurs, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 98-108, June, 2015.
- Y. H. Lee, D. J. Oh, S. H. Park, "The web-based interface design for university students' activity-oriented career education," Journal of The Korean Association of Information Education, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 345-360, September, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2015.19.3.345 https://doi.org/10.14352/jkaie.2015.19.3.345
- J. Y. Jung, "The analysis on the casual model between university educational satisfaction and occupational satisfaction mediated by occupational value," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Korea University, Seoul, 2013.
- H. J. Sung, S. I. Na, "The relationship among career development competency, career exploration behavior and career development supports of senior students in universities," Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 83-108, Mar. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2012.44.1.83 https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2012.44.1.83
- K. P. Hong, "The development of a career awareness promotion program based on career anchor for multi-cultural elementary school students," Korean Education Inquiry, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1-28, December, 2014.
- K. H. Kim, "An analysis of the educational needs for the competencies of career development in the undergraduates," Korean journal of youth studies, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 359-379, June, 2012.
- M. S. Jin, H. R. Jung, S. Y. Lee, "Exploring career development supporting system of 4-year universities in Korea," The Journal of Career Education Research, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 135-152, March, 2010.
- C. Y. Jyung, D. S. Choi, J. G. Kim, "Strategies for restructuring and managing career guidance system in junior colleges," The Journal of Vocational Education Research, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 71-91, June, 2002.
- C. S. Park, S. H. Han, S. M. Lee, S. G. Yoon, Y. J. Moon, S. R. Lee, H. S. Kong, S. H. Park, "The analysis of the teacher's career anchors," Journal of Korean Practical Arts Education, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 293-316, May, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17055/jpaer.2014.20.2.293
- S. M. Lee, H. G. Kim, "Relationships between nurses' career orientation and organizational commitment: an empirical analysis," Journal of Human Resource Management Research, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 151-171, March, 2010.
- Y. H. Lee, K. P. Hong, Y. S. Jeong, S. H. Park, "Development entrepreneurship education strategy for venture's successful startup," Journal of Learning and Performance, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 133-157, June, 2016.
- K. P. Hong, S. H. Park, C. H. Choi, S. K. Kang, D. H. Shim, "The development of career-anchor based on career education model for elementary schools," The Journal of Vocational Education Research, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 179-202, December, 2011.
- E. H. Schein, "Career Anchors: Discovering Your Real Values," San Diego, CA: Preiffer & Company, 1990.
- E. H. Schein, "Career Anchors: Self-assessment," third edition, San Francisco: Preiffer, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4135/9781412952675.n28
- S. H. Park, "Career Anchors," Seoul: Hakjisa, 2014.
- Y. K. Shim, "A study on the analysis the influences of the employee's career anchor from high commitment human resource management system and psychological empowerment: Focus on the super deluxe hotels in Seoul," Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 273-295, Aug. 2015.
- S. J. Lee, H. S. Lee, "A study on the career anchor's effect on the career commitment," The Journal of Lifelong Education and HRD, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1-27, December, 2009.
- H. D. Park, M. S. Park, "A study on the influence of career satisfaction and commitment on anchor style," Management Information Systems review, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 97-116, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.29214/damis.2012.31.3.005
- Y. K. Shim, W. S. Seo, "A study on influence of organizational effectiveness through career anchor and career effectiveness according to the direction of CDP(Career Development Program)," Korean Journal of Hospitality & Tourism, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 39-57, February, 2009.
- K. T. Sohn, J. M. Kim, "The causal relationship among job performance, support for career development, organizational commitment, career commitment and organizational citizenship behavior of employee in large corporations," The Society of Korean Agricultural Education, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 139-174, Sep. 2015.
- Y. H. Park, C. Lee, "Analysis and implications of career development system in manufacturing small and medium-sized enterprises," The Journal of Business Education, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 45-67, August, 2017.
- D. E. Super, "A life-span, life-space approach to career development," Journal of vocational behavior, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 282-298, June, 1980. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(80)90056-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(80)90056-1
- T. G. Gutteridge, F. L. Otte, "Organizational career development: What's going on out there?," Training and Development Journal, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 22-26, February, 1983.
- K. A. Choi, S. H. Park, J. O. Kim, C. S. Park, K. P. Hong, "Needs analysis for teachers for post-retirement career development programs," Journal of Educational Innovation Research, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 61-80, June, 2009.
- K. H. Kim, "The female managers' career goal trajectories and related variables," The Journal of Career Education Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1-16, December, 2015.
- H. D. Kim, "The effects from career goals on the relations between negative work-family spillovers and flexible work arrangement demands," The Women's Studies, vol. 87, pp. 289-316, Dec. 2014.
- J. S. Cha, B. H. Son, B. H. Lee, "An exploratory study on the career orientations of researchers in government-sponsored research institute," Journal of Korea technology innovation society, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 688-714, Dec. 2006.
- J. S. Cha, "A study on career development of R&D professionals," Andragogy Today: International Journal of Adult & Continuing Education, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 23-56, February, 2005.
- B. Schneider, J. K. Wheeler, J, F. Cox, "A passion for service: Using content analysis to explicate service climate themes," Journal of Applied Psychology, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 705-716, October, 1992. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.77.5.705 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.77.5.705
- H. N. Lee, S. Y. Lee, M. A. Lee, "A study of nurses' job satisfaction," Journal of East-West Nursing Research, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 91-101, December, 2009.
- Y. J. Yang, C. S. Oh, "The issues and rinks of design talent donation," Archives of design research, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 115-124, August, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15187/adr.2016.08.29.3.115
- H. C. Roh, "A review on the legal status and protection plans of unpaid interns," The Korea Society Of Comparative Labor Law, vol. 32, pp. 139-165, December, 2014.
- J. A. Kim, J. K. Ko, "Modeling Core Competencies in the Competency-based Nursing Curriculum," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 7635-7647, November, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7635 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7635
- H. Harada, C. Yamamoto, E. Kitahara, J. Shinohara, R. Mibu, "A study about career anchor and career development support for nursing students," Memoirs Dep. of Health Scis. of Med Kyushu Univ., vol. 7, pp. 13-22, Mar. 2006.
- J. K. Ko, M. S. Chung, M. A. Choe, Y. I. Park, K. S. Bang, J. A. Kim, M. S. Yoo, H. Y. Jang, " "Modeling of nursing competencies for competency-based curriculum development," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 87-96, Feb. 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.87 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.87
- J. M. Jeon, K. S. Lee, C. J. Park, H. Y. Woo, "Effect of nurses' transformational leadership on job attitude: The mediating effects psychological capital," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 228-236, July, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.228 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.7.228
- S. G. Kim, Y. S. Seo, "Mediating effect of social capital between transformational leadership and organizational commitment of nurses in hospitals," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 282-289, February, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.282 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.282
- J. H. Lee, "The effects of transformational leadership on organizational effectiveness: moderating effects of followship," Cooperative management review, vol. 46, pp. 49-79, June, 2017.
- S. J. Lee, "Path analysis among professionalism, followership, character strengths and turnover intention, of nurses," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 553-565, June, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.06.85
- S. Y. Kim, "A study on thought process of solving creative problems," The Treatise on The Plastic Media, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 19-25, May, 2017.