- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Mediating Effects of Relief from Fatigue through Sleep and Perceived Subjective Health in the Relationship between Perceived Stress and Subjective Happiness in Middle School Who Attempted Suicide
자살시도 중학생의 스트레스와 주관적 행복감 (주관적 건강인지와 잠으로 피로회복정도의 평행다중매개모델)
- Wi, Ok-Youn (Department of nursing, Kunsan College of Nursing) ;
- Lee, Ji-Hyun (Department of nursing, Kunsan College of Nursing)
- Received : 2018.01.10
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study is to examine the difference in the mediating effects of relief from fatigue through sleep and perceived subjective health in the relationship between perceived stress and subjective happiness in middle school students who attempted suicide. The analysis was conducted using Path analysis, the Bootstrapping method, Phantom variable and Multiple group analysis by AMOSS using the IBM SPSS 23 and IBM SPSS AMOS 23 programs with 820 middle school students who attempted suicide in the past 12 months using the raw data of the Korea Risk Behavior Web-Based Survey (2016). In the relationship between perceived stress and perceived subjective health, the indirect effect of relief from fatigue through sleep and perceived subjective health (
- Marusic, A. "Toward a new definition of suicidality? Are we prone to Fregoli's illusions?", Crisis, vol. 25, pp. 145-146, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910.25.4.145 https://doi.org/10.1027/0227-5910.25.4.145
- Harwood, D., Jacoby, R. "Suicidal behaviour among the elderly. The international handbook of suicide and attempted suicide", pp. 275-291, 2000.
- S. J. Kim, G. S. Kang, M. O. Kang. et al., Mental Health Nursing, Hyunmunsa, pp. 281-383, 2017.
- Statistics Korea, Cause of Death in 2016, pp. 19, 2017.
- E. K. Yeo. "A Study on the Theory and Research on adolescent Suicide", The Study of Child-Family Therapy, vol. 11, pp. 1-16, 2012
- J. Y. Jung, J. Y. Park, "Qualitative Research of the Adolescent Suicide Attempt Experience", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 275-305, 2015.
- C. M. Yoo, S. K. Kahng, "Predictors of Suicide Ideation Trajectory among Adolescence: Focused on the Risk and Protective Factors", Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, vol. 46, pp. 25-54, 2015.
- E. R. Jung, "A Study Determinants on Suicidal Ideation among Korean Youth", Journal of Korean Social Science, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 193-214, 2015.
- Pettit, J. W., Green, K. L., Grover, K. E., Schatte, D. J., Morgan, S. T., "Domains of chronic stress and suicidal behaviors among inpatient adolescents", Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 494-499, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/15374416.2011.563466 https://doi.org/10.1080/15374416.2011.563466
- Zayas, L., Gulbas, L. E., Fedoravicius, N., Cabassa, L. J., "Patterns of distress, precipitating events, and reflections on suicide attempts by young Latinas", Social Science & Medicine, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 1773-1779, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2010.02.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2010.02.013
- S. R. Gwak, "Deteminants of Suicide Ideation and Happiness on Adolescent", Korea Welfare Panel Study Conference, vol. 8, pp. 53-70, 2015.
- Wong, J. P., Stewart, S. M., Claassen, C., Lee, P. W., Rao, U., Lam, T. H., "Repeat suicide attempts in Hong Kong community adolescents", Social science & medicine, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 232-241, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2007.08.031 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2007.08.031
- J. Y. Kim, Y. G. Ko, "The moderating effect of happiness on the relation between mental disorders and suicidal behavior", The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 827-835, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2011.16.4.012 https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2011.16.4.012
- S. G. Yi, Y J. Yi, H S. Jung, "Factors on the Suicidal Attempt by Gender of Middle and High School Student", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 652-662, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.652 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.652
- H. Hwang, Y H. Kim, "A Systemic Review of Studies on Happiness Determinants among Domestic Adolescents", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1-28, 2017.
- Pouwels, B., Siegers, J., Vlasblom, J. D., "Income, working hours, and happiness", Economics letters, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 72-74, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2007.05.032
- H. S. Lee, Y. H. Kim, S. H. Kim, "Influencing Factors on Suicidal Behavior among Adolescents : Using 10th(2014) Korea Youth Risk Behavior Web-based Survey", Journal of Society Living Environment System, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 827-835, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2015.12.22.6.827 https://doi.org/10.21086/ksles.2015.12.22.6.827
- E. O. Park, "The Influencing Factors on Suicide Attempt among Adolescents in South Korea", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 465-473, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3A65 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3.465
- G. Y. Lee, "Factors Influencing Attempted Suicide Among Adolescents Korea", Journal of Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 3193-3147, 2015.
- Spirito, A., Valeri, S., Boergers, J., Donaldson, D., "Predictors of continued suicidal behavior in adolescents following a suicide attempt", Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 284-289, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1207/S15374424JCCP3202_14 https://doi.org/10.1207/S15374424JCCP3202_14
- Chen, C. Y., Yeh, H. H., Huang, N., Lin, Y. C., "Socioeconomic and clinical characteristics associated with repeat suicide attempts among young people", Journal of Adolescent Health, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 550-557, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.10.008 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.10.008
- J. H. Youn, Factors Associated with Repeat Suicide Attempt in Emergency Department, Unpublished doctoral dissertation Gachon University, 2017.
- Chau, K., Kabuth, B., Chau, N., "Gender and family disparities in suicide attempt and role of socioeconomic, school, and health-related difficulties in early adolescence", BioMed research international, pp. 1-13, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/314521 https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/314521
- G. S. Kim, G. H. Park, "Risk and Protective Factors for Suicide that Affect Middle School Student's Suicidal Ideation and Attempts Focusing on Gender Difference", Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 115-130, 2015.
- K. H. Lee, Y. H. Kwon, "Factors Influencing Suicidal Ideation in Middle School Students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 820-828, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.11.820 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.11.820
- S. Y. Sohn, "Factors affecting suicidal ideation suicidal plan and suicidal attempt in Korean adolescents", Journal of Korea Academy Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1606-1614, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1606 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1606
- C. Y. Lim, D. N. Yeum, H. T. Jung, "A Study on the Profile Analysis of Types of Adolescents' Stress", Korean Journal of Social Welfare, vol. 68, no. 2, 213-232, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2016.68.2.009 https://doi.org/10.20970/kasw.2016.68.2.009
- S. M. Cheon, K. A. Ham, "A Qualitative Study Study on the Suicide and Recovery Experiences of Adolescents", Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 59-79, 2015.
- E. Y. Kim, S. J. Lee, S. J. Park, S. K. Lee, K. H. Rhim, "Adolescents at Risk: Suicide Ideation, Plans and Attempts in South Korea", Journal of Korean Public Health Research, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 93-104, 2014.
- Jopling, E. N., Nugent, S. M., Eslarui, A., "6.145 Suicide Attempts in Pediatric Emergency Psychiatry: Demographic and Clinical Correlates of the Lethality of Suicide Attempt", Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 250, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2016.09.460
- Moljord, I. E. O., Eriksen, L., Moksnes, U. K., & Espnes, G. A., "Stress and happiness among adolescents with varying frequency of physical activity", Perceptual and motor skills, vol. 113, no. 2, pp. 631-646, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2466/02.06.10.13.PMS.113.5.631-646 https://doi.org/10.2466/02.06.10.13.PMS.113.5.631-646
- S. H. Park, An Analysis on Subjective Happiness and related factors of Korean adolescents, Unpublished Master's thesis Kangwon University, 2011.
- H. S. Shin. "Daily Happiness and Unhappiness Among Elementary, Middle, and High School Students", Journal of Educational Research, vol. 38, pp. 1-28, 2015.
- Finan, P. H., Quartana, P. J., Smith, M. T., "The effects of sleep continuity disruption on positive mood and sleep architecture in healthy adults", Sleep, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1735-1742, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5665/sleep.5154 https://doi.org/10.5665/sleep.5154
- J. E. Shin, J. K. Kim, N. Y. Lim, "Sleep quality and happiness among young adults - The role of positive memory bias - ", The Korean Journal of Culture and Social Issues, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 271-293, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.20406/kjcs.2017.05.23.2.271 https://doi.org/10.20406/kjcs.2017.05.23.2.271
- H. J. Yun, "Effect of Stress and Sleep Quality on Mental Health of Adolescents", Journal of Korean Society School Health, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 98-106, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2016.29.2.98 https://doi.org/10.15434/kssh.2016.29.2.98
- Choo, C., Diederich, J., Song, I., & Ho, R., "Cluster analysis reveals risk factors for repeated suicide attempts in a multi-ethnic Asian population", Asian journal of psychiatry, vol. 8, pp. 38-42, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2013.10.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2013.10.001
- Nkansah-Amankra, S., Walker, A. D., "The relation between adolescent self assessment of health and risk behaviors: Could a global measure of health provide indications of health risk exposures?", Health Education Journal, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 39-52, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0017896910386141 https://doi.org/10.1177/0017896910386141
- Taylor, S., Jaques, N., Nosakhare, E., Sano, A., Klerrnan, E. B., Picard, R. W., "0795 Importance of Sleep Data in Predicting Next day Stress, Happiness, and Health in College Students", Journal of Sleep and Sleep Disorders Research, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 294-295, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/sleepj/zsx050.794
- Y. S. Bang, G. M, Nam, "The Influence of Sexual Attitude and Sexual Need Coping Behavior of the Elderly on their Subjective happiness - Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Health and Depression-", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, vol. 46, pp. 215-238, 2009.
- W. K. Kim. "Predictors of Health Behaviors Among Male and Female Youth in Korea", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 131-154, 2015.