- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Factors Affecting advanced Beginner-Stage Nurse's Intention of Retention
상급초보 간호사의 재직의도 영향요인
- Kim, Yang-Sin (Department of Nursing, Daejeon Institute of Science and Technology)
- 김양신 (대전과학기술대학교 간호학부)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The purpose of this study was to identify advanced beginner-stage nurse's intention of retention. Data were collected from May 1 to June 30 of 2017 using a structured questionnaire. Participants consisted of 150 nurses with 13 to 36 month clinical careers at a hospital located in D, C and K city, Korea. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Scheffe's test, Pearson's correlation coefficients and multiple regression, using IBM SPSS WIN 20.0. The average score was 3.34 (
Advanced beginner-stage nurse;Ego resilience;Organizational culture;Retention Intention;Sense of calling;Teamwork
Supported by : 대전과학기술대학교
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Ministry of health and welfare statistical year book. (Report, No. : 11-135000-000137-10). Seoul: Government Printing office, 2013.
- J. O. Park, K. I. Jung, "Effects of Advanced Beginner -Stage Nurses' Sense of Calling, Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment on Retention Intention," Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 137-147, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.2.137 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.2.137
- J. O. Kwon, E. Y. Kim, "Impact of Unit-Level Nurse Practice Environment on Nurse Turnover Intention In the Small and Medium Sized Hospitals," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 414-423, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.4.414 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.4.414
- K. S. Jang, "A study on establishment of clinical career development model fo nurses," Unpublished doctor's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2000.
- P. Benner, "From Novice to Expert," The American Journal of Nursing, Vol. 82, No. 3, pp. 402-407, 1982. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00000446-198282030-00004
- L. S. Cowin, "The Effects of Nurses' Job Satisfaction on Retention: An Australian Perspective," The Journal of Nursing Administration, vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 283-291, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005110-200205000-00008
- E. H. Lee, K. S. Cho, H. M. Son, "A Study of Hospital Nurse's Intention to Keep Nursing Job," Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 15-27, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2014.20.1.15 https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2014.20.1.15
- S. M. Oh, "Impact of Teamwork Perception on Retention Intention among Emergency Room Nurses and Physicians," Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2016.
- M. J. Kim, "Effect of Nursing Oranizational Culture on Nurses' Intention of Retension," Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2006.
- J. Block, A. M. Kremen, "IQ and Ego-Resiliency: Conceptual and Empirical Connections Separteness," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119
- D. H. Moon, "Relationship Between Ego Resilience, Self Efficacy and Professional Self-Concept of Nurse in Early Stage Nurses," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 646-653, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.646 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.646
- B. J. Dik, B. M. Eldrige, M. F. Steger, "Development of the calling and vocation questionnaire(CVQ)," Paper presented at the meeting of the American Psychological Association, Boston. 2008.
- S. Y. Kang, H. K. Kwon, M. R. Cho, "Effects of Nurses' Teamwork on Job Satisfaction at Hospital: Mediating Effect of Self-efficacy," The Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 881-894, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.881
- S. J. Han, "A study on the Relationship Between Nursing Organizational Culture and Organizational Performance," Unpublished doctor's thesis, Seoul: Ewha Womans University; 2001.
- Y. R. Yeun, "Job Stress, Burnout, Nursing Organizational Culture and Turnover Intention Among Nurses," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 4981-4986, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.8.4981 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.8.4981
- S. H. Choi, I. S. Jang, S. M. Park, H. Y. Lee, "Effects of Organizational Culture, Self-Leadership and Empowerment on Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention in General Hospital Nurses," Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 206-214, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.2.206 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.2.206
- K. N. Kim, "The Effect Nursing Organizational Culture and Happiness Index on Turnover Intention among Nurses," The Korea Journal of Health Service Management, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 61-72, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2014.8.2.061
- K. S. Park, "The Relationship Among Job Stress, Resilience and Turnover Intension of New Nurses," Unpublished Master's Thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea, 2013.
- S. B. Im, M. K. Cho, M. L. Heo, "Factors to Affect Turnover Intention of Nurse : Focusing on Personal, Situational and Interpersonal Relation Variables," Korean Academic Society of Occupational Health Nursing, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 314-323, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.4.314 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.4.314
- N. Y. Lee, S. O. Lee, J. H. Hwang, "Factors Affecting on Hospital Nurse Intention of Retention," Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1479-1491, 2012.
- J. Block, A. M. kremen, "IQ and ego-resiliency: conceptual and empirical connections and separateness," J Pers Soc Psychol, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1689 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1249
- S. K. Yoo, H. W. Shim, "Psychological Protective Factors in Resilient Adolescents in Korea," The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 189-206, 2002.
- Y. R. Shim, S. K. Yoo, "Development and Validation of the Korean Version of the Calling and Vocation Questionnaire(CVQ-K)," The Korean Psychological Association, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 847-873, 2012.
- C. E. Larson, F. M. Lafasto, Teamwork: What must go right, what can go wrong. Newbury Park: Sage series in interpersonal. 1989.
- T. B. Kim, "Influence of Teamwork and Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness of Hospital Employees," Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Gimhae, 2006.
- H. M. Son, M. H. Koh, C. M. Kim, J. H. Moon, M. S. Yi, "The Male Nurses' Experiences of Adaption in Clinical Setting," Taehan Kanho HakhoeChi, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 17-25, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.1.17
- S. H. Chen, C. M. Fu, R. H. Li, J. H. Lou, H. Y. Yu, "Relationships Among Social Support, Professional Empowerment, and Nursing, Career Development of Male Nurses: A Cross-Sectional Analysis," Western Journal of Nursing Research, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 862-882, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945910384603 https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945910384603