- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Mediating Effect of Therapeutic Relationship with Mental Health Professionals in the Relation between Empowerment and Recovery of Community Dwelling Patients with a Mental Illnesst
지역사회 정신장애인의 임파워먼트와 회복 : 치료적 관계의 매개효과
- Oh, Mi-Hwa (Department of Nursing, Graduate School, Chonbuk National University)
- 오미화 (전북대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.01.17
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
This study was conducted to identify the mediating effects of the therapeutic relationship with mental health professionals between empowerment and recovery in mental illness. The participants were 168 adults in two community mental health centers and three rehabilitation centers in Jeonbuk. The data were collected by structured questionnaires from April 15 to April 30, 2015 and analyzed using descriptive statistics, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression analysis with the SPSS 19.0 statistical program. The mean score of empowerment for mental illness, recovery and therapeutic relationship were
Community Dwelling Patients;Empowerment;Mental illness;Recovery;Therapeutic relationship
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Ministry of health and welfare statistical yearbook 2017. Seoul: Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2017 April.
- L. Keum, S. A. Kim, "Perceived Functional Health Patterns and Recovery in People with Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders," J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 238-249, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.3.238 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.3.238
- M. Y. Kim, "A Study of Quality of Life Based on the Recovery among People with Mental Illness," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. 205-236, 2011.
- C. S. Jung, "Recovery Experience of Participants with Chronic Mental Illness in Psycho-social Rehabilitation Facility :A Parse Research Method Study," Department of Nursing, Graduate School, Eulji University, pp. 1-123, 2016.
- K. H. Ha, K. A. Lee, "A Study on the Users' Experience from the Strength-based Practice at Psychosocial Rehabilitation Centers," Korea Health & Social Work, vol. 36, pp. 82-106, 2010.
- M. M. Choi, K. Y. Lee, T. W. Eom, "Differences in Empowerment and the Quality of Life among the Users of the Mental Health Service Settings in Korea," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 99-124, 2006.
- M. Y. Ko, K. H. Ha, J. I. Park, "A Qualitative Case Study of Empowerment Practice in A Community Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 31, pp. 63-99, 2009.
- Mueser K. T, Deavers, F. Penn, D.L. Cassisi, J. E. "Psychosocial treatments for schizophrenia," Annual review of clinical psychology, vol. 9, pp. 465-497, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-clinpsy-050212-185620 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-clinpsy-050212-185620
- E. S. Kim, E. J. Kim, "The Factors Influencing Rec overy from Mental Illness in People with Mental Disorders," National Sciences, vol. 27, pp. 75-86, 2016.
- S. B. Yoo, G. R. Hong. "Evolutionary Concept Analysis of Resilience in People with Mental Disabilities. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 333-343, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2017.26.4.333 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2017.26.4.333
- K. M. Lim, "Application of Rasch Analysis to the Korean Recovery Assessment Scale," Journal of the korea contents association, vol. 15, no. 10, pp. 354-361, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.10.354 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2015.15.10.354
- H. S. Choi. " Major Contents of Revised Mental Health Act and Future Tasks". Korean Journal of Medicine and Law, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 7-26, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17215/kaml.2017.06.25.1.7
- Russinoza Z, Rogers ES, Ellison MI, RPRS ( recoverypromoting relationship scale) Manual: Center for Psy chiatric Rehabilitation, Trustees of Boston University, pp. 1-23, 2006.
- H. J. Kim, "Study on Core Competencies of Comm unity Mental Health Nurses," J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 67-78, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.1.67 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2012.21.1.67
- M. S. Hyun, E.Y. Park, Y. H. Kim, Y. R. Kim, M. S Cho, "Mediating Effect of Therapeutic Relationship with Mental Health Professionals in the Relation between Hope and Recovery of Community Dwelling Patients with a Mental Illness," Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 156-164, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.3.156 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.3.156
- H. K. Park, J. Y. Kwon, "A Study on the perception of Case Managers and Person with Mental Disabilities of Working Relationship - Focusing on Community Mental Health Field," Korea Health & Social Work, vol. 44, no. 4 pp 154-183, 2016.
- Mancini, M. A. "The Role of Self-Efficacy in Recovery From Serious Psychiatric Disabilities: A Qualitative Study with Fifteen Psychiatric Survivors." Qualitative Social Work: Research and Practice, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 49-74, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/1473325007074166 https://doi.org/10.1177/1473325007074166
- W. S Chae, H. E. R, "The Experiences of People with Schizophrenia Setting Goals for Recovery in Korea," Mental Health and Social Work, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 35-58, 2016.
- J. Y. Kyun, "A Study on Influences of the Relationships perceived by Persons with Mental Disorders and Case Managers on Rehabilitation Outcomes: Focusing on The Mediating Effect of Relationship," Journal of Rehabilitation Research, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 317-344, 2011.
- H. J. Kim, "Validation study of the recovery-promti on relationship scale (RPRS) for Korean with mental illness," J Korean Acad Psychiatr Mental Health Nurs., vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 288-98, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.3.288 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.3.288
- S. Y. Min, "The Therapeutic Relationship with Case Managers and Outpatient Service Use among Homeless with Serious Mental illness," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 19, pp. 64-91, 2005.
- Cohen, Jacob. "A power primer." Psychological bulletin, pp. 112.-155, 1995.
- Rogers, E. S, Chamberkin, J, Ellison, M. I, Crean,T, "A consumer -constructed scale to measure empowement among users of mental health services, Psychiatric Services, vol. 48, no. 8, pp. 1042-1047, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1176/ps.48.8.1042 https://doi.org/10.1176/ps.48.8.1042
- Young A. S, Forquer S. L, Tran A, Starzynski. M, Shatkin. J, "Identifying clinical competencies that support rehabilitation and empowerment in individuals with severe mental illness,". Journal of Behavioral Health Services&Research, vol. 27, pp. 321-333, 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02291743 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02291743
- K. O. Song, "Validation of the Korean Version of the Mental Health Recovery Measure," Mental Health & Social Work, vol. 34, pp. 154-188, 2010.
- Baron, Reuben M, David A, Kenny, "The moderator -mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations," Journal of personality and social psychology, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 1173-1182, 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.113
- K. H. Ha, "A Study on the Factors Affecting Empowerment of The Mentally Disabled," Journal of Rehabilitation Research, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 120-145, 2007.
- Y. J. Choi, S. S. Choi, "A Study on the Recovery Attitude and Factors Affecting the Recovery Attitude, vol. 26, pp. 111-143, 2007.