- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A cognitive survey on the Diversification of class year from Junior Colleges by Changing Educational Environment-Focused on Health Sciences Departments
교육환경 변화에 따른 전문대학 수업 연한 다양화에 대한 인식조사 - 보건계열학과 중심으로
- Park, Cheolin (Department of Biomedical Laboratory Science, Daegu Health College) ;
- Park, Su-Jin (Department of Nursing, Daegu Health College) ;
- Kwon, Soon-Mu (Department of Radiologic Technology, Daegu Health College) ;
- Kim, Won-Gi (Department of Dental Technology, Daegu Health College) ;
- Chang, Ki-whan (Department of Dental Technology, Daegu Health College)
- 박철인 (대구보건대학교 임상병리과) ;
- 박수진 (대구보건대학교 간호학과) ;
- 권순무 (대구보건대학교 방사선과) ;
- 김원기 (대구보건대학교 치기공과) ;
- 장기환 (대구보건대학교 치기공과)
- Received : 2017.12.15
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
Junior colleges are higher education institutions that have played a major role in the economic development of Korea by providing the necessary human resources for its industrial development. Recently, however, they have experienced difficulties due to the reduction in the number of students. Therefore, it is time for junior colleges as a representative higher vocational education institution to change their role in this rapidly changing environment, and adopt a survival strategy through mutual cooperation and competition. The purpose of this study was to analyze the current state of the national health universities, to investigate the policy changes adopted by colleges and universities, and to utilize the results as data. This study analyzed the current status of health science colleges nationwide and investigated the policy changes as well as the directions presented to the colleges, in order to use the results as the basic data to promote the diversification of the class periods and degree programs. This study surveyed 636 professors from health sciences departments and industry workers from May 1 to May 30, 2017. 70.7% of the respondents supported the transition of the existing three-year systems of the health science departments to four-year systems. The reason for this is that it is possible to strengthen the field practice and personality education of the students by having a sufficient number of class periods, and to provide them with an equal educational background. The most anticipated effect of the transition to a four-year system is to improve the social status of medical personnel and to improve the educational environment of the colleges/universities. Moreover, the universities, associations of medical personnel and Ministry of Education are expected to play a leading role in the transition to the four-year system. Based on the results of this study, it was concluded that a more systematic and advanced vocational education system for the training of professional healthcare workers is needed in the upcoming fourth Industrial Revolution era. Also, this transition is expected to actively foster the education of advanced health care workers thanks to the diversification of the degree programs through the adjustment of the class periods which can be completed by general university (4-year) graduates.
Educational Environment;Healths affiliated Education;Higher education;Interdisciplinary Diversification;junior college
Supported by : 대구보건대학교
- I. H. Lee, The Degree of Satisfaction and Analysis on Recognition of Professors and Students about Education Conditions and Development Schemes in Korean Junior Colleges, Keimyung University, 2007.
- S. J. Ban, Y. J. Cho, H. S. Shin, M. S. No, M. J. Park, Y. S. Kim, "University enrollment quota adjustment and restructuring according to decline in school age population", The Politics of Education, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 189-211, 2013.
- J. I. Choi, A study on the Restructuring Strategy to Enhance the Competitiveness of private colleges, Suwon University, 2008.
- Y. P. Ju, A Study on securing competitive power of college due to reducing the resource of matriculants, Policy and Administration of Korea National University, 2006.
- B. S. Cho, S. S. Oh, J. W. Kim, B. S. Hoon, S. H. Jeon, A Study on Diversity of the College Years and Degree Programs. Korea College of Education Council, 2013.
- T. H. Chung, A Study on Human Resources Development through Vocational Education Diversification in Junior College, 2000.
- S. K. Kim, An Analysis of Transformational Elements and Procedures of 2-year Colleges in Korea. Sookmyung Women's University, 2004.
- Newspapers for Professors. Half of the 4- year colleges set up the college (accessed Oct. 14, 2014)
- Ministry of Education Basic plan for nurturing vocational colleges. Ministry of Education, 2014.
- C.Y Jeong et. al, The Role and Tasks of the College for the Realization of a Competence-Centered Society. KCCE, 2014.
- M. K. Lee, Direction of human resources and higher vocational education required for future change. Manuscript of International Technical Vocational College President's Council 2014.
- S. I. Na, Development of Higher Vocational Education System in Lifelong Learning Society, KCCE, 2012.
- J. P, The Effect of Restructuring on the Educational Systems of Colleges-Focusing on the Reform of the Department structure, Dongguck University, 2013.
- B. J. Kim, Issues and Challenges of Diversification of Junior College Classes, Ministry of Education, 2012.
- Y. C. Park, Evaluation and Activation of Advanced course for bachelor's degree in junior colleges, KCCE, 2011.
- Y. A. Park, How to secure competitiveness in vocational colleges National Assembly Debate Kit. (accessed Apr., 26, 2011)
- Archives of massive debate from advancement policy of vocational education. 2010.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Korea Industrial Property Corporation Operation of qualifications' system on major policies and processes for the implementation of capacity-based society, Ministry of Employment and Labor, Korea Industrial Property Corporation, 2014.
- J. H. Lee, The roles and tasks of junior colleges 2007.
- S. H. Yim, A Study on the Functional Categorization of Higher Education System in Korea, Yonsei Universit,. 2001.
- D. H. Doo, A Study on the Activation Plan of Korean College, Hanyang University, 2000.