- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Feasibility Study of Fuel Property for Fuel Processing Design on Ship and Warship
연료유 공정설계를 통한 선박 및 함정의 기본품질 적용 가능성 연구
- Hwang, Gwang-Tak (Defense Acquisition Program, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Kim, Do-young (Department of Electrical and Biological Physics, Kwangwoon University)
- Received : 2018.01.30
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
Environmental regulations, which are discussed through the International Maritime Organization, focus on two aspects: the economic supply of fuel oil and, ultimately, securing next-generation energy sources. At present, there are limitations in relation to the basic quality of fuel oil and the direct relation through basic quality when applied to ships and traps in relation to environmental regulations, and the standard for the basic quality of fuel oil is generally used. There are many cases where the composition is very complicated, and the interpretation and analysis of basic quality deviate from the range of the basic standard. In other words, it is difficult to classify and apply the problem when analyzing it in connection with fuel quality and ship operations. In this paper are various factors for the basic quality of fuel oil, and a proposed possibility for the scope of the standard.
Consumption;Correlation Basic Property;Estimated Cetane Number;Fuel additive Engine;Military vessel
- Yamdada Hideki, Miyabe Hiroaki & Saeki Aioichiro, 2011. "Energy Saving Technology of the Diesel Electric Propulsion System for Japanese Coastal Vessels", IHI Engineering Review, m, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 12-16.
- Dorado, M. P., E. Ballesteros, J. M. Arnal, J. Gomez, F. J. Lopez, Exhaust emission from a diesel engine fueled with transesterfified waste olive oil, Fuel 82(2003), pp. 1311-1315. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-2361(03)00034-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0016-2361(03)00034-6
- Dwight Alexander, David Rummler, Aydin Mohtashmian, George Robinson, Mohamad Zahzah, Christoper T. Farr & Gregory E. Poole, 2010, Hybrid Electric Drive Evaluation for CG 47 Class Guided Missile Cruisers, American Society of Naval Engineers, pp. 67-77, 2010.
- Williams, A.; USTRKM, R.; Luecke, J.; Geisselmann, A.; Voss, K.; Hallstrom, K.; Leustek, M.; Parsons, J.; Abi-Akar, H. (June 2011) "Impact of Biodiesel Impurities on the Performance and Dur ability of DOC, POC, DPF, and SCR Technologies." SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants (4:1) 2011; pp. 110-124 https://doi.org/10.4271/2011-01-1136
- McNeil, G.P.; Borowitz, D.; Berger, R, G. "Selective Distribution os Saturated Fatty Acids into the Monoglyceride Fraction During Enzymatic Glycerolysis." Journal of the American Oil Chemist's Society (69), 1992; pp. 1098. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02541043
- Kumar N. R; Comparative evaluation of performance and emission characteristics of jatropha, karanja and polanga based biodiesel as fuel in tractor engine, Fuel, 88, 1698-1707, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2009.02.015 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2009.02.015
- Pradhan, A. K.; Non Edible Karanja Biodiel A Sustainable Fuel for C.I., Engine, 2, 6, 853-860, 2012.
- S. Kausley and A. Pandit, "Modelling of solid fuel stoves," Fuel, vol. 89, pp. 782-791, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2009.09.019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2009.09.019
- K. Ragland and D. Aerts, "Properties of Wood for Combustion Analysis," Bioresourse Technology, vol. 37, p. 161168, 1991. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-8524(91)90205-X
- S. Visakhamoorthy, T. Tzanetakis, D. Haggith, A. Sobiesiak, and J. Z. Wen, "Numerical study of a homogeneous charge compression ignition (hcci) engine fueled with biogas," Applied Energy, vol. 92, pp. 437-446, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.11.014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.11.014
- C. Westbrook, W. Pitz, M : Mehl, and H. Curran, "Detaild chemical kinetic reaction mechanisms for primary reference fuels for diesel cetane number and spark ignition octane number," Proc. Combust. Inst., vol. 33, pp. 185-192, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2010.05.087 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2010.05.087
- T. M. Foong, K. J. Morganti, M. J. Brear, G. da Silva, Y. Yang, and F. L. Dryer, "The octance numbers of ethanol bleded with gasoline and its surrogates," Fuel, vol. 115, pp. 727-739, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fueI.2013.07.105 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2013.07.105
- P. OBwald, H. Guldenberg, K. Kohse-Hoinghau s, B. Yang, T. Yuan, and F. Qi, "Combustion of butanol isomers - a detailed molecular beam mass spectrometry investigation of their flame chemistry," Combustion and Flame, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 2-15, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2010.06.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2010.06.003
- S. Turns, An Introduction to Combustion: Concepts and Applications. McGraw-Hill International, 2ed., 2006
- F. M. Haas, A. Ramcharan, and F. L. Dryer, "R elative reactivities of the isomeric butanols and ethanol in an ignition quality tester," Energy and Fuels, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 3909-3919, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1021/ef2008024 https://doi.org/10.1021/ef2008024
- "Standard test method for determination of derived cetane number (DCN) of diesel fuel oilsfixed range injection period, constant volume combustion chamber method," ASTM International, 2012.
- G. Neely, S. Sasaki, Y. Huang, J. Leet, and D. Stewart, "New diesel emission control strategy to meet us tier 2 emission regulations," SAE 200 5-01-1091, 2005.
- Development of wall-climbing robots, Nishi A, COMPUTERS & ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING 22: (2) pp. 123-149, MAR 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7906(95)00034-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7906(95)00034-8
- Fujiwara, M. Ueno, and Y. Ikeda. Gruising performance of a large passenger ship in heay sea. In Proceedings of the Sixtheenth (2006) International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, 2006.