- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Drop Impact Analysis of Outside Cooling Unit Package of System Air-Conditioner and Experimental Verification
시스템 에어컨 실외기 포장품의 낙하충격해석 및 시험적 검증
- Kim, Hyung-Seok (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Boo-Yoon (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Sanghoon (Division of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2018.01.15
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
This research examines the drop impact of an external cooling unit package of an air conditioner system. The packaging is composed of a shock-absorbing material, which protects the package contents by absorbing the impact energy and other parts for fixture. Accurate quantification of the impact acceleration experienced by the package contents is necessary to design an effective packaging with minimal volume and sufficient shock absorbing capacity. Explicit time integration was used for the drop impact analyses. A finite element model of the package was constructed, material testing and material model selection were carried out, and sensors for data acquisition were modeled to obtain accurate simulation results. The results were compared with real physical test data. Due to imprecise modeling of the damping, the acceleration and strain values predicted by the simulation were larger than those from physical test. However, the trend of the history data and the peak deceleration value in the direction of impact showed good agreements. Thus, the analysis model and scheme are suitable for the design of an air conditioner cooling unit package.
drop impact analysis;explicit time integration;finite element analysis;package design;validation and verification
Supported by : LG전자 에어솔루션연구소
- P. A. Pfeiffer, J. M. Kennedy, "Free drop impact analysis of shipping cask," Nuclear Engineering and Design, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 33-52, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(89)90124-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(89)90124-6
- W. J. Kim, B. S. Son and B. Y. Lee, "Drop Impact Analysis and Design of a Package of a Microwave Oven", The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, A, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 536-543, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.5.536
- K. H. Low, "Drop-impact cushioning effect of electronics products formed by plate", Advanced in Engineering Software, vol. 34, pp. 31-50, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-9978(02)00040-6 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0965-9978(02)00040-6
- J. S. Ha, S. J. Lee, "Three-Dimensional Modeling for Impact Behavior Analysis", Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Spring Conference, pp. 353-356, 2002.
- "LS-DYNA User's Manual," Livermore Software Technology Corporation, 2014.
- "Altair HyperMesh 11 User's Guide," Altair Engineering, 2015.