- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analyis of stormwater and runoff characteristics in Anseongcun basin using HEC-HMS
HEC-HMS을 이용한 안성천 유역의 강우 유출 특성 분석
- Hwang, Byung-Gi (Department of Civil Engineering, Sangmyung University) ;
- Yang, Seung-Bin (Department of Environmental Resources, Sangmyung University)
- Received : 2017.12.19
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
The HEC-HMS model was applied to identify the rainfall-runoff processes for the Anseongchun basin, where the lower part of the stream has been damaged severely by tropical storms in the past. Modeling processes include incorporating with the SCS-CN model for loss, Clark's UH model for transformation, exponential recession model for baseflow, and Muskingum model for channel routing. The parameters were calibrated through an optimization technique using a trial and error method. Sensitivity analysis after calibration was performed to understand the effects of parameters, such as the time of concentration, storage coefficient, and base flow related constants. Two storm water events were simulated by the model and compared with the corresponding observations. Good accuracy in predicting the runoff volume, peak flow, and the time to peak flow was achieved using the selected methods. The results of this study can be used as a useful tool for decision makers to determine a master plan for regional flood control management.
Clark's UH;HEC-HMS;Muskingum;Optimization technique;SCS-CN
Supported by : 상명대학교
- S. C. Yang, S. K. Yang, J. H. Lee, W.Y. Jung, K.H. Ko, "Flood Discharge Analysis on Land Use Changes in Han Stream in Jeju Island", Journal of Environmental Science, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 425-435, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.425 https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.4.425
- J. H. Choi, J. J. Lee, H. H. Kwon, "An Analysis of Runoff Variation due to Urbanization in Cho-Kyung Stream Watershed", Korean Wetland Society, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 161-169, 2009.
- Ministry of Land and Maritime Affairs, "Comprehensive Flood Damage Mitigation Measures and Stream Valleys of Master Plan for Anseongchun Basin", Water, vol. 7, pp. 5155-5172, 2005.
- Huber, W. C. and R. E. Dickinson, "Storm Water Management Model. User's Manual Ver. IV", U.S. EPA, Cincinnati, OH, 1988.
- L. A. Rossman, "Storm Water Management Model User's Manual Version 5.0", U.S. EPA, 2010.
- US Army Corps of Engineers(USACE), "HEC1 Flood Hydrograph Package User's Manual", Davis, CA, 1998.
- US Army Corps of Engineers(USACE), "Hydrologic Modeling System HEC-HMS, User's Manual (version 4.1)", Davis, CA, 2015.
- W. U. Jung, S. K. Yang, D. S, Kim, "Flood Discharge to Decision of Parameters in Han Stream", Journal of Environmental Science, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 533-541, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.4.533 https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.4.533
- S. J. Jin, C. H. Ham, K. H. Cho, G. S. Kim, "An Application in the Geum River Basin Using HEC-HMS Model", 38th Convention and Civil Expo, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 525-528, 2012.
- J. H. Lim, B. H. Lee, B. S. Kim, "Analysis of Flood Runoff Characteristics in the Youngdong Region Using HEC-HMS Hydrologic Model", 38th Convention and Civil Expo, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 718-721, 2012.
- D. A. Zema, "Comparing Different Infiltration Methods of the HEC-HMS Model : The Case Study of The Mesima Torrent (Southern Italy)", Land Degradation and Development, vol. 28, pp. 294-308, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ldr.2591 https://doi.org/10.1002/ldr.2591
- E. Abushandi, B. Merkel, "Modeling Rainfall Runoff Relationships Using HEC-HMS for a Single Rain Event in an Arid Region of Jordan", Water Resources Management, vol. 27, pp. 2391-2409, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-013-0293-4 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-013-0293-4
- H. Jin, R. Liang, P. Tumura, "Flood Runoff in Semi-arid and Sub-humid Regions, A case Study: A Simulation of Jianghe Watershed in Nothern China", Water, vol. 7, pp. 5155-5172, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/w7095155 https://doi.org/10.3390/w7095155
- Halwatura. D, Najim. M. M. M, "Application of the HEC-HMS model for runoff simulation in a tropical catchment", Environmental Modeling and Software, vol. 46, pp. 155-162, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2013.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2013.03.006
- Ministry of Land, transport and Maritime Affairs, "Water Resources Management Information System (WAMIS)", 2012.
- US Army Corps of Engineers(USACE), "Hydrologic Modeling System HEC-HMS, Application's Guide", US Army Corps of Engineers, Hydrologic Engineering Center, Davis, CA, 2015.
- Ministry of Environment, "Environmental Geographic Information System (EGIS)", 2012.
- National Institute of Agricultural Science, "Soil Environment Information System", 2010.
- Ministry of Land, transport and Maritime Affairs, "Design Flood Estimation Tips", 2012.
- J. Peters,, "Flood Plain Hydrology Program HEC-1 on IBM Compatible Personal Computers: Lec. 6: Unit Hydrograph Development Course", UC Davis, CA, 1993.
- US Army Corps of Engineers(USACE), "Hydrologic Modeling System HEC-HMS, Technical Reference Manual )", Davis, CA, 2010.