- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study of the Long-Term Behavior Characteristics of Roadbed on Concrete Track of High-speed Railway
고속철도 콘크리트 궤도상 토공노반의 장기거동 특성 연구
- Choi, Chan-Yong (Advanced Infrastructure Research Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Jae-Hyun (Civil and Environment Department, Expert Group for Earth and Environment Co., Ltd)
- Received : 2018.02.09
- Accepted : 2018.04.06
- Published : 2018.04.30
This study examined the long-term behavior of a roadbed using high-speed railway concrete track and roadbed measurement data and evaluated the long-term performance of the track and roadbed. Recently, high-speed railway track type has been adopted as a concrete slab. On the other hand, the concrete track is vulnerable to roadbed settlement. In the case of gravel tracks, it is easy to restore the original state by maintenance even if the roadbed settles. On the other hand, in the case of the concrete track, if excessive settlement of the roadbed occurs, cracks are generated continuously on the slabs and sleepers, resulting in greatly reduced usability. For this reason, it is difficult to restore the original state only by partial maintenance. In this paper, a long-term performance evaluation was carried out on a concrete track during operation by monitoring the measurement data of sensors buried from the beginning of construction for approximately 3 years after the high-speed railway opened. Performance evaluation methods include a performance evaluation of track/roadbed when the train passes, long-term track and roadbed performance evaluation, analysis of the track/roadbed effect on long-term settlement and analysis of the factors influencing long-term settlement. The trail response of KTX-Sancheon was greatest in the track/roadbed performance evaluation by train. The results of the long-term track and roadbed performance evaluation were measured within the standard values. The track and roadbed performance impact assessment with long-term settlement was strongly related to TCL settlement. The influences of the water content and groundwater level were verified by analyzing the external factors of long-term settlement. Through such a method, the stability of a track/roadbed can be secured.
Concrete slab;Concrete Track;High-speed Railway;Settlement;Roadbed
Grant : 호남고속철도 테스트베드를 활용한 인프라 통합모니터링 시스템 구축 및 소음저감장치 고도화
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- C.Y. Choi, W.I. Choi, S.J. Han, and J.H. Jung, "Development of Design Method for Reinforced Roadbed Considering Plastic Settlement for High-speed Railway", J. Korean Geotechnical Society, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 55-69, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2013.29.9.55
- H.K. Chun, Y.S. Kang, Y.G. Park, "Study of the Behavior of Concrete Slab Track on Earthwork According to the Variation of Train Axle Load and Speed", J. Korean Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 6788-6798, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6788 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6788
- Korea rail network authority, "KR CODE 2012", 2012.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Study on design standards of track systems for the high-speed railway at 400km/h", KAIA, 2015.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Implementation Guidelines for Railway Comprehensive Tests", 2015.
- Y.H. Kim, K.Y. Eum, S.J. Han, Y.G. Park, and J.H. Jung, "A Study on Settlement Characteristics of Earthwork Subgrade with Lowering the Groundwater in High-speed Railway", J. Korean Geotechnical Society, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 67-74, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2015.31.5.67 https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2015.31.5.67