- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Semantic Network Analysis of "Cooking Academy" through the Big Data
빅데이터를 활용한 "조리학원"의 의미연결망 분석에 관한 연구
- Lee, Seung-Hoo (School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Kyungsung University) ;
- Kim, Hak-Seon (School of Hospitality & Tourism Management, Kyungsung University)
- Received : 2018.03.05
- Accepted : 2018.03.21
- Published : 2018.03.31
In this study, Big Data was used to collect the information related to 'Cooking Academy' keywords. After collecting all the data, we calculated the frequency through the text mining and selected the main words for future data analysis. Data collection was conducted from Google Web and News during the period from January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2017. The selected 64 words were analyzed by using UCINET 6.0 program, and the analysis results were visualized with NetDraw in order to present the relationship of main words. As a result, it was found that the most important goal for the students from cooking school is to work as a cook, likewise to have practical classes. In addition, we obtained the result that SNS marketing system that the social sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are actively utilized as a marketing strategy of the institute. Therefore, the results can be helpful in searching for the method of utilizing big data and can bring brand-new ideas for the follow-up studies. In practical terms, it will be remarkable material about the future marketing directions and various programs that are improved by the detailed curriculums through semantic network of cooking school by using big data.
- Carter, P. (2011). Big data analytics: Future architectures, skills and roadmaps for the CIO. DIC white paper. 1-16.
- Cho, J. S. (2012). Inflow and outflow analysis of double majors using social network analysis. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 23(4), 693-701. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2012.23.4.693
- Choi, S. B., Kang, C. W., Choi, H. J., & Kang, B. Y. (2011). Social network analysis for a soccer game. Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, 22(6), 1053-1063.
- Danah, B., & Crawford, K. (2012). Critical questions for big data. Information, Communication & Society, 15(5), 662-679. https://doi.org/10.1080/1369118X.2012.678878
- Freeman, L. C. (1978). Centrality in social networks conceptual clarification. Social Networks, 1(3), 215-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-8733(78)90021-7
- Gu, G. S. (2015). A study on customized employment strategy for utilizing big data. Korea Computer Information Association, 20(1), 175-183.
- Ha, G. H. (2004). Analysis of the trend of development of Hak-won in Korean (Master's thesis). Dongguk University.
- Heo, W. S., & Lee, J. H. (2016). The effect of the education environment of cooking institutes on trainees' satisfaction and reregistration intentions : Moderating effect of education program. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 22(2), 136-150. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2016.22.2.012012
- Hwang, D. Y., & Hwang, G. E. (2016). Examining of semantic map of humanities contents through semantic network analysis. Korea Humanities Content Society, 43, 229-255. https://doi.org/10.18658/humancon.2016.12.43.229
- Jo, A. R., & Kim, H. S. (2017). A comparison of Starbucks between South Korea and U.S.A. through big data analysis. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(8), 195-205. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.8.019
- Jun, C., & Seo, I. W. (2013). Analyzing the big data for practical using into technology marketing: Focusing on the potential buyer extraction. Journal of Marketing Studies, 21(2), 181-203.
- Jung, H. Y. (1993). Methodology of modern practical training. Seoul, Korea: Samgwang Publishing.
- Kang, K. S. (2011). A study on the method to vitalize culinary education based on recognition survey of culinary practicefocused on universities located in Daejeon, Chungnam areas. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 17(2), 126-139. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2011.17.2.009
- Kim, A. R. (2005). A study on satisfaction with the culinary education environment in the students of foodservice & culinary art. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 11(1), 105-118.
- Kim, H. S. (2017). An exploratory study on the semantic network analysis of food tourism through the big data. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(4), 22-23. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.4.003
- Kim, J. G. (1999). Cooking industry articles national technical qualification category development research report. Seoul, Korea: Industrial Property Corporation.
- Kim, J. S. (2012). Big data utilization and related technique and technology analysis. Journal of Contents Association, 10(1), 34-40.
- Kim, J. S. (2016). Subway congestion prediction and recommendation system using big data analysis. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(11), 289-295. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.289
- Kim, S. G. (2011). Social network analysis and industrial engineering. Industrial Engineering Magazine, 18(1), 24-32.
- Kim, S. O. (2002). Study on curriculum the training for cooks at academy education (Master's thesis). Kyonggi University.
- Laney, D. (2012). The importance of 'Big Data': A definition. Gartner. Retrieved, 21, 2014-2018.
- Lee, J. A., & Kim, C. H. (2013). Study on the current status and improvement plans for culinary education. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 19(5), 280-295. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2013.19.5.023023023
- Lee, S. H., Seo, J. H., & Lee, J. H. (2017). The influence of the educational environment of the cooking institute on the educational satisfaction and the behavior intention. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 22(6), 78-86.
- Lee, S. S. (2012). Network analysis methods. Seoul, Korea: Nonhyeong.
- Lee, S. S. (2014). A content analysis of journal articles using the language network analysis methods. Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 31(4), 49-68. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2014.31.4.049
- Macromill Embrain. (2015). Research report : 'Evaluation of watching TV programs related to food/cooking. 2015(10), 294-315.
- Manyika, J., Chui, M., Brown, B., Bughin, J., Dobbs, R., Roxburgh, C., & Byers, A. H. (2011). Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity. McKinsey Global Institute Report.
- Min, G. Y., & Jeong, D. H. (2013). Research on assessment of impact of big data attributes to disaster response decisionmaking process. Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 18(3), 17-43. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2013.18.3.017
- Na, Y. S., Jeong, C. J., Gang, J. C., & Lee, J. H. (1999). A study on curriculum of hotel cuisine department. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 5(2), 29-56.
- Park, E. S., & Kim, Y. N. (2006). A study on stage of concern, level of use, innovation configuration, and intervention demand of teachers in culinary practice education. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, 18(3), 41-60.
- Son, D. W. (2002). Social network analysis. Seoul, Korea: Kyeongmunsa.
- Shuting, T., & Kim, H. S. (2017). A study of comparison between cruise Tours in China and USA through big data analytics. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(6), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.6.001
- TTA (2012). Research Report : Big data & new insight. Information and Communication Technology Association. Retrieved from http://www.tta.or.kr
- Wang, W., & Rada, R. (1998). Structured hypertext with domain semantics. ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS), 16(4), 372-412. https://doi.org/10.1145/291128.291132
- Wasserman, S., & Faust, K. (1994). Social network analysis: Methods and applications (Vol. 8). Cambridge university press.
- Yu, J. Y. (2012). Trends and implications of the world economic forum. Korea Institute of Information and Communications Policy. 24(4).
- Zhang, Z., & Law, R. (2014). Positive and negative word of mouth about restaurants: Exploring the asymmetric impact of the performance of attributes. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 19(2), 162-180. https://doi.org/10.1080/10941665.2012.735680