- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Quality Characteristics of White Pan Bread with Different Water Types
물의 종류에 따른 식빵의 품질특성
- Kim, Yoon-A (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Ko, Jae-Youn (Dept. of Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Yoo, Se-Ran (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Jang, Se-Jin (Dept. of Culinary and Food Service Management, Kyunghee University) ;
- Kang, Sang-Hyeon (The Environment Technology Institute, Cowey) ;
- Han, Doo-Won (The Environment Technology Institute, Cowey) ;
- Kim, Sung-Hwan (The Environment Technology Institute, Cowey) ;
- Seo, Ji-Hye (The Environment Technology Institute, Cowey)
- 김윤아 (경희대학교 조리외식경영학과) ;
- 고재윤 (경희대학교 외식경영학과) ;
- 유세란 (경희대학교 조리외식경영학과) ;
- 장세진 (경희대학교 조리외식경영학과) ;
- 강상현 (코웨이 환경기술연구소) ;
- 한두언 (코웨이 환경기술연구소) ;
- 김성환 (코웨이 환경기술연구소) ;
- 서지혜 (코웨이 환경기술연구소)
- Received : 2018.02.20
- Accepted : 2018.03.19
- Published : 2018.03.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the quality characteristics of white pan bread according to the different types of water (tap water (still water), purified water, still water, light water, classical water, and bold water). Pan breads were statistically analyzed using texture profile analysis, fermentation, texture, suitability, image analysis, color, moisture content, and statistical analysis. This result will contribute to the commercialization of pan bread using various kinds of water. Ultimately, we analyzed the quality characteristics of various kinds of water, depending on the carbonic acid content on the dough and the pan bread, and to derive the optimum kinds and ratios of the water to be applied to the pan bread. As a result of the study, the best findings were obtained with water containing carbonic acid content more than the classical water according to overall characteristics, durability (Width of Tail and Integral), foot efficiency, softness, volume and preference check. Therefore, when white pan bread is produced by using water containing a carbonic acid content (5~7.5 mg/L) or more of the classical water, it affects the quality characteristics and a good obtains positive response to from consumers. In this study, the quality characteristics of pan bread based different kinds of water which were not available in the past, and the quality characteristics of pan bread, which can be used as the basic data for future research, were well analyzed.
- AACC (1995). Approved methods of the AACC (9th ed). Method 10-10A, 54-40, 72-10. American Association of Cereal Chemists St. Paul, Minnesota. USA.
- Bae, J. Y., Park, L. Y., & Lee, S. H. (2008). Effect of Salicornia herbacea L. powder on the quality characteristics of bread. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 37(9), 1196-1201. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.9.1196
- Bennion, E. B., & Bamford, G. S. T. (1997). The technology of cake making (6th ed.). London: Blackie Academic& Professional.
- Byun, J. B., Chang, J. H., Jeoung, G. Y., & Lee, J. S. (2015). Effect of rice flour sourdough fermented with Omija(Schizandra chinensis) extract on quality characteristics of bread. Korea Journal of Food Science and Technology, 47(6), 704-710. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.6.704
- Im, J. S., & Lee, Y. T. (2010). Quality characteristics of rice bread substituted with black rice flour. The East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 20(6), 903-908.
- Jeon, K. S., Lee, N. H., & Park, S. I. (2015). Quality characteristics of white pan bread with Chinese artichoke (Stachys sieboldii Miq.) powder. Culinary Science and Hospitality Research, 21(4), 1-15. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2015.21.6.001001001
- Ju, H. W., & Lee, K. S. (2016). Quality characteristics of white pan bread with Haenaru rice flour. Culinary Science and Hospitality Research, 22(2), 44-56. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2016.22.3.005005005
- Jung, H. S., Park, D. G., & Shin, G. M. (2008). Quality of white pan breads of cordyceps powder. The East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 18(5), 781-788.
- Kim, E. J., Kang, J. Y., Kim, J. P., & Ko, J. Y. (2015). Quality characteristics of white pan bread with Pu"er tea. Culinary Science and Hospitality Research, 21(2), 230-242. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2015.21.2.018018
- Kim, M. A., Lee, E. J., & Jin, S. Y. (2014). Quality characteristics and antioxidant activities of bread added with Cedrela sinensis powder. Journal of the Korean Society of Dietary Culture, 29(1), 119-118. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2014.29.1.119
- Kim, Y. E., Park, H. D., Kim, S. Y., Lee, J. H., & Lee, S. K. (2011). Effects of liquid broth cultured with red Koji on the rheological properties of white pan bread dough. Korea Journal of Food Science and Technology, 43(2), 235-239. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.2.235
- Kim, Y. S. (2012). The effects of arrowroot juice on the quality characteristics of white bread (Master dissertation). Dong-Eui University.
- Ko, J. Y. (2014). Water communication. Soeul: Korea.
- Kwon, E. A., Chang, M. J., & Kim, S. H. (2003). Quality characteristics of bread containing laminaria powde. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 32(3), 406-412. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.3.406
- MAFRA & KAFTC (2016). 2016 Processed Food Market Report Bread.
- Michael Mascha (2006). Fine water. Quirk Books, USA.
- Park, L. Y. (2015). Effect of Houttuynia cordata Thunb. powder on the quality characteristics of bread. Korea Journal of Food Science and Technology, 47(1), 75-80. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2015.47.1.75
- Ram, A. K. (2011). Production of spray-dried honey powder and its application in bread (Master dissertation), Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College.
- Walker, A. E., & Walker, C. E. (2001). Documentation and user's instructions for mixsmart version 4.0. National Cereal Chemistry Equipment, 2-12.
- Wang, H., Provan, G. J., & Helliwell, K. (2003). HPLC determination of catechins in tea leaves and teaextracts using relative response factors. Food Chemistry, 81(2), 307-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(02)00510-1