- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Cook's Environmental Awareness and Eco-friendly Attitude on Food Safety Pursuit Behavior
조리사의 환경의식과 친환경태도가 식품안전추구행동에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Jong-Ho (Dept. of Foodservice Management, Kyungsung University)
- 이종호 (경성대학교 호텔관광외식경영학부)
- Received : 2018.01.11
- Accepted : 2018.03.14
- Published : 2018.03.31
Rapid economic growth brought material affluence and convenience, but it also has caused a negative issue, such as environmental damage. Therefore, this research holds the purpose of grasping structural influencing relationship of environmental awareness of cook, which is taking an important role in food safety among workers in hotel restaurants with eco-friendly attitude and food safety pursuit behavior. To achieve the purpose, collected materials were tested for the fidelity, organic causation and control effect, using Structural Equation Modeling for frequency analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, credibility analysis and hypothesis testing with SPSS (V23.0) and AMOS (V21.0) programs. Environmental awareness of hotel cook has causation with eco-friendly attitude, and the attitude has meaningful causation with food safety pursuit behavior. That is, it proved that cooks are taking care of their job carefully from the pre-cooking stage while most of people ignore the storing stage. The result shows not only hotel's own training session, cook's level of consciousness on the food safety and they are working with high sense of responsibility. The limitation of this research is that it only conducted with cooks of deluxe hotels in Busan, and it could not include various variables about environmental awareness. Therefore, it is expected that the lacking contents to be dealt by a follow-up study.
Supported by : 경성대학교
- Ahn, S. C. (2015). A study of factors affecting purchase decision and attitude of dieticians regarding environmentallyfriendly agricultural products in school meals. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 21(4), 192-206. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2015.21.5.018018018
- Ajzen, I. (1991). The theory of planned behavior. Organizational Behavior & Human Decision Processes, 50, 179-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Ajzen, I., & Fishbein, M. (1980). Understanding attitude and predicting social behavior. Englewood Cliffs, New York, Prentice-Hall.
- Choi, E. J., & Kim, Y. S. (2007). An effect of values, environmental knowledge, and environmental involvement on the ecologically concerned behavior of college students. Research of Consumption Culture, 10(3), 15-41. https://doi.org/10.17053/jcc.2007.10.3.002
- Choi, S. H., & Choi, J. H. (2014). An exploratory study of consumers' environmental consciousness and behaviors in Korea, U.S., and Japan. Women's Economics Research, 11(2), 51-76.
- Cottrell, S. P. (2003). Influence of sociodemographics and environmental attitudes on general responsible environmental behavior among recreational boaters. Environment & Behavior, 35(3), 47-375.
- Dunlap, R. E., & Jones, R. E. (2002). Environmental concern: Conceptual and measurement issues. Handbook of Environmental Sociology, 482-524.
- Fishbein, M., & Ajzen, L. (1975). Belief, attitude, intention and behavior : An introduction to theory and research, reading. massachusetts, addison. Wesley Publishing Company.
- Han, S. E. (2012). Effects of environmental consciousness by cooks on food safety motions based on environmental behavior, practice and perceptual risks: Focused on hotel restaurants (Master's thesis). Ewha Womans University.
- Han, Y. H. (2004). A study on well-being trend, unpublished (Master's thesis) Chungang University.
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Chu, Y. J. (2010). The effect of environmental values of fashion consumers on purchase satisfaction and repurchase intention of eco-friendly fashion products. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(4), 431-438. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.4.431
- Hong, B. S., Lee, E. J., & Park, S. H. (2010). Transactions : The effect of eco-friendly attitude and benefits pursued in clothing on purchase satisfaction of eco-friendly consumers for infants and children's underwear. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing & Textiles, 34(4), 686-696. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.4.686
- Jeong, Y. G., & Son, G. H. (2006). Effects of career congestion on contextual performance and turnover intention and adjustment of tenure duration. Korea Policy Science Bulletin, 10(2), 103-128.
- Jo, Y. A., & Kim, K. H. (2003). Environmental consciousness in Korea: Empirical analysis. Environmental & Resource Economics Review, 12(1), 177-204.
- Kim, H. S., & Bae, B. S. (2016). Team leaders' charismatic leadership, team efficacy, team adaptive performance : The moderated mediation model of team leaders' tenure. Journal of Business Research, 32(2), 351-387.
- Kim, J. S., & Lee, J. H. (2017). Structural influence and relationship between the environmentally-friendly attitude and purchase intention based on the college students" values towards organic produces - moderating effect of consumer confidence. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(2), 45-55. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.2.005005005
- Kim, S. S., & Lee, K. C. (1998). Consumer's safety consciousness and safety seeking behavior. Family & Environment Research, 36(3), 1-14.
- Kim, Y. H. (2014). The effect of LOHAS tendency on attitudes and purchase intention of the environmental-friendly food materials (Master's thesis). Sookmyung Women's University.
- Lee, H. S., & Lim, J. H. (2009). Structural equation modeling with AMOS 16.0, Bobmunsa, Kyunggi.
- Lee, J. H., Park, J. Y., & Park, W. B. (2008). A study on the environment conservation of the conciousness of environment pollution in the food service employee. Research on Restaurant Management, 4(1), 97-118.
- Lee, J. M. (2009). Effect of nutrition education for elementary school students on the recognition of food safety and nutrition labeling (Master's thesis). Yeongnam University.
- Lee, Y. H. (2010). The consumer's national food safety policy and food safety action based on confidence in food companies (Doctoral dissertation). Konkuk University.
- Lee, Y. J., & Yeo, W. S. (2014). The effect of environmental awareness and consumption value by purchase intention of environment-friendly food materials. Tourism Research Journal, 28(6), 181-199.
- Musser, L. M., & Diamond, K. E. (1999). The children's attitudes toward the environment scale. The Journal of Environmental Education, 30(2), 23-30. https://doi.org/10.1080/00958969909601867
- Park, H. J., & Huh, J. Y. (2010). Structure and determinants of pro-environmental behavior: The effect of environmental consciousness and multi-dimensionality of pro-environmental behavior. Journal of Environmental Policy & Administration, 18(1), 1-26.
- Park, K. J., Yu, E., & Song, C. K. (2012). A study on the environmental consciousness and environment-friendly consuming behavior : The effects of attitudes toward the environment on Korean manufacturing industry. Korean Journal of Policy Analysis & Evaluation, 22(3), 141-163.
- Park, S. Y. (2010). Korean implication and debate on ecological citizenship. ECO, 14(1), 167-194.
- Peattie, K. (1992). Green marketing, London, Pitman Publishing.
- Ryu, M. H. (2014). A study on safety pursuit behavior and safety information needs for processed food - Focused on adolescent consumers. Consumer Policy & Education Review, 10(3), 59-82. https://doi.org/10.15790/cope.2014.10.3.059
- Seo, S. W., & Ryu, E. S. (2015). A study on the effect of menu choice of hotel buffet restaurant on customer satisfaction and customer repurchase intention. Journal of Tourism Management Research, 66, 181-201.
- Song, Y. J. (2008). The effects of perceived risk on food safety consciousness and food safety pursuit between seoul & shanghai consumers: Focused on food consumption (Master's thesis). Chungbuk University.
- Suh, Y. J., Lim, E. J., & Kim, H. J. (2015). A study on the effect of consumer lifestyle(VALS) on eco-friendly consumption attitudes, behavior intentions and behavior. Consumer Problem Research, 46(1), 29-51.
- Yoo, H., & Joo, S. (2012). A structural equation analysis on consumers' perceived food safety and food safety orientation behavior. Consumer Policy & Education Review, 8(4), 49-70.
- Yoon, H. H., Kim, Y. J., & Jung H. S. (2011). The influence of hotel culinary staff's burnout on job satisfaction and turnover intention: Focusing on moderating effects by staff's career and gender. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 17(2), 111-125. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2011.17.2.008
- Yuan, W. L., & Nam, K. Y. (2012). The effects of restaurant green practices on perceived quality, image and behavioral intention. Hotel Management Research, 21(2), 113-130.
- Yun, T. E. (2014). The influence of consumption values of hotel food and beverage products on customer satisfaction and behavior intention (Master's thesis). Dongeui University.