- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Selection Attributes on Attitude and Repurchase Intention for Home Meal Replacement (HMR): Focused on Moderating Role of Brand Trust
HMR 선택속성이 태도와 재구매의도에 미치는 영향: 브랜드 신뢰의 조절역할을 중심으로
- Ra, Chae-Il (Dept. of Hotel Culinary, ChoDang University)
- 라채일 (초당대학교 호텔조리학과)
- Received : 2018.01.23
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.03.31
The purposes of this study were to examine the effect of Home Meal Replacement (HMR) selection attributes on attitude and repurchase intention and to investigate the moderating role of brand trust between attitude and repurchase intention. This study surveyed the customers who have purchased HMR in Seoul and Gyeonggi area using a convenience sampling method. The survey was conducted from September 15, 2017 to October 25, 2017. A total of 250 questionnaires were distributed, and 237 copies were collected. Of these, 228 copies were used as valid data. The results of the analysis were as follows. First, convenience of the HMR selection attribute had a significant effect on attitude, and food quality and packaging had no significant effect on attitude. Second, attitude toward HMR had a significant effect on repurchase intention. Third, brand trust played a moderating role between HMR attitude and repurchase intention. Therefore, it is necessary for HTMcompanies to understand consumers' attitudes and consumption behaviors accurately by recognizing the selection attributes that consumers consider important By gaining strong brand trust, companies could increase repurchase intention.
- Anantchart, S. (1998), A theoretical study of brand equity: Reconceptualizing and measuring the construct from an individual consumer perspective (Doctoral dissertation), University of Florida.
- Baron, M. R., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243
- Bitner, M. J. (1990). Evaluating service encounters: The effects of physical surroundings on employee responses. Journal of Marketing, 54(2), 69-82. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224299005400206
- Chaudhuri, A., & Holbrook, M. B. (2011). The chain of effects from brand and brand affect to brand performance: The role of brand loyalty. Journal of Marketing, 65(2), 81-93. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.126.96.36.19955
- Choi, S. S. (2012). What is HMR and how to success? Seoul: Knowledge space, 35-49.
- Chung, L. N. (2005). Analysis of consumer inclination to convenience towards home meal replacement in Korea (Doctoral dissertation). Yonsei University.
- Chung, L. N., Lee, H. Y., & Yang, I. S. (2007). Preference, satisfaction, and repurchase intention of consumers for Home Meal Replacements (HMR) by product categories. The Journal of Korean Society of Food & Cookery Science, 23(3), 388-400.
- Engel, J. F., Blackwell, R., & Miniard, P. W. (1990). Consumer behavior (6th ed.). Hinsdale, NY: The Dreden Press.
- Fishbein, M., & Ajzen, I.(1975). Belief attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction theory and research. Cambridge, MA: Addison-Wesley.
- Fishbein, M., & Ajzen, I. (1980). Understanding attitude and predicting social behavior. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Prentice-Hall.
- Gibson, M. (1999). Home meal replacement in Europe: revolution or evolution? Hospitality Review, 1(4), 17.
- Grier, K. (2001). An update on the Canadian Home Meal Replacement market. Grocery Trade Review Retrieved from AgEcon Search website: http://purl.umn.edu/18105
- Han, J. S. (2017). Effects of brand image on purchase intention and brand loyalty: Focused on mediating role of the brand trust. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(2), 135-145. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.2.014
- Han, J. S., & Lee, H. J. (2017). Effects of corporate image on HMR brand image, HMR product attitude and HMR behavioral intention. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 23(3), 77-88. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2017.23.3.008
- Jang, Y. J. (2009). Mature consumers' consumption patterns and selection attributes regarding Home Meal Replacement (HMR). Journal of Foodservice Management, 12(5), 97-119.
- Ju, S. H. (2014). The effect of product label information on customer purchase decision: Focus on Home Meal Replacement. Journal of Product Research, 32(6), 1-12.
- Ju, S. Y. (2012), Study on importance-performance analysis regarding selective attributes of Home Meal Replacement (HMR). Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 41(11), 1639-1644. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.11.1639
- Jung, Y. J., Lee, M. A., & Cho, E. K. (2015), Means-end chain approach to understand consumer motivation towards convenience meat products: Focus on New York city in US market. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 44(1), 152-159. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2015.44.1.152
- Kang, C. H., Kim, N. H., & Lee, G. H. (2008). Positioning map analysis for imported wine brands by nationality in Korean market. Journal of Tourism Studies, 10(4), 67-78.
- Kim, J. S. (2010). Study for the selection attributes and benefits of processed fishery products (Doctoral dissertation). Hoseo University.
- Kim, Y. A., Lee, B. C., & Youn, H. W. (2014), A study on single people's satisfaction of convenience foods and repurchase intention according to food-related lifestyle. Journal of Tourism & Leisure Research, 26(5), 433-452.
- Kong, H. S. (2007). A comparative analysis of hotel selection attribute on purpose of use of guests to hotel business center. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Studies, 21(2), 339-354.
- Kotler, P., Bowen, J., & Makens, J. (1996). Marketing for hospitality and tourism. NY: Prentice-Hall
- Lee, B. S., Park, K. H., & Cho, J. H. (2011). A study on the effect of selection attributes on consumer satisfaction and repurchase intention about HMR-In case of ready to-end cook. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 17(2), 85-97. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2011.17.2.006
- Lee, C. H. (2017). Effects of selected attributes for home meal replacement to consumer availability (Doctoral dissertation). Dongguk University.
- Lee, H. S., Ahn, K. H., & Ha, Y. W.(2009). Consumer behavior, Kyonggi: Bummusa.
- Lee, H. Y. (2010). A study on how perceived product quality influences behavioral intentions and customer value : Focusing on family restaurants and fastfood stores (Doctoral dissertation). Kyung Hee University.
- Lee, J. S. (2011). Influence of corporate association of sports goods companies on brand image, brand trust, attitude toward brand, and brand loyalty (Master's thesis). Dankook University.
- Lee, S. I. (2011). A study on the effect of food service industry's menu quality and brand image on value awareness and customer satisfaction repurchase-Focused on family restaurants- (Doctoral dissertation). Kyung Hee University.
- Lewis, R. C. (1981). Restaurant advertising: Appeals and consumers' intention. Journal of Advertising Research, 21(5), 69-74.
- Mackenzie, S. B., & Lutz, R. J. (1989). An empirical examination of the structural antecedents of attitude toward the ad in an advertising pretesting context. Journal of Marketing, 53(2), 48-65. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224298905300204
- Oh, J. Y. (2014). A study on effects of restaurant brand image and awareness on HMR(Home Meal Replacement) product reliability and consumers buying intention (Master's thesis). Kyonggi University.
- Oh, K. S. (2016). Effect of food related lifestyle of singleperson-household on HMR selection attribute of consumer attitudes (Master's thesis). Kyonggi University.
- Oliver, R. L., & Linda, G. (1981). Effect of satisfaction and its antecedents on consumer preference and intention. Advances in Consumer Research, 8(1), 88-93.
- Oliver, R. L., & Swan, J. E. (1989). Consumer perceptions of interpersonal equity and satisfaction in transactions: A field survey approach. Journal of Marketing, 53(4), 21-35. https://doi.org/10.1177/002224298905300305
- Park, H. J., Oh, N. R., Jang, J. A., Yoon, H. R., & Cho, M. S. (2016). Study on importance-performance analysis regarding selection attributes of rice-convenience foods, Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 45(4), 593-601. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.4.593
- Park, J. H., Woo, Y. H., Kim, D. B., Lee, H. Y., & Cho, H. J. (2016). The value structure of convenience store lunch box ("Dosirak") consumers: An application of the meansend approach. The Review of Eurasian Studies, 13(3), 235-260. https://doi.org/10.31203/aepa.2016.13.3.011
- Park, K. S., Kim, J. B., & Yang, H. C. (2015). Food and nutrition students' evaluation for home meal replacement quality using importance-performance analysis. Journal of Distribution Science, 13(7), 19-24. https://doi.org/10.15722/jds.13.7.201507.19
- Reichheld, F. F., & Sasser, W. E. (1990). Zero, defection: Quality comes to service. Harvard Business Review, 68(5), 105-111.
- Rosenberg, M. J., & Hovland, C. J. (1960). Attitude organization and change. New Haven, Conn: Yale University Press.
- Seo, K. H., Choi, W. S., & Lee, S. B. (2011). A study on the influence of the selective attributes of Home Meal Replacement on perceived utilitarian value and repurchase intention: Focus on consumers of large discount and department stores. The East Asia Society of Dietary Life, 21(6), 934-947.
- Seo, W. S., & Kim, M. G.(2004). A study on the effects of consumer behavior intention of brand equity in hotel. Tourism Study, 18(2), 111-127.
- The Korea Financial Times(2016. 6. 27.), A keen competition between kim and jung in the 3 trillion HMR market, http://www.fntimes.com, 2016. 8. 1. retrieved.
- Ulrich, W., & Gotelli, N. J.(2007). Disentangling community patterns of nestedness and species co-occurrence. Oikos, 116(12), 2053-2061. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2007.0030-1299.16173.x
- Yang, H. C., Kim, J. B., & Kim, A. S.(2016), Different perception on product attributes of HMR: Focusing on college students and consumers. Journal of Distribution Science, 14(2), 47-56. https://doi.org/10.15722/jds.14.2.201602.47
- Yoo, Y. H. (2012). The effect of perceived HMR attributes on customers' behavior intention and product attitude in TV home-shopping (Master's thesis). Kyunghee University.