- Volume 24 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
고추씨를 첨가한 즉석 고추장의 품질특성
Quality Characteristics of Instant Gochujang added with Red Pepper Seeds Powder
- Lee, Keum-Ok (Dept. of Food Service Management, Far East University) ;
- Kim, Ki-Bbeum (Dept. of Culinary Industry, Kyung Hee University)
- 투고 : 2017.12.14
- 심사 : 2018.03.10
- 발행 : 2018.03.31
This study produced instant Gochujang(red pepper paste) with enhanced convenience by increasing nutritional value and palatability, and by reducing production period, adding in the red pepper seed in the red pepper paste production in order to increase the use of the red pepper seed that is not used often as a food ingredient even though its nutrition value when producing red pepper paste was proven. Moisture content, pH, L-value, a-value, b-value, sugar contents, and salinity of instant Gochujang tended to increase as the amount of red pepper seed increased, while viscosity manifested the opposite trend. Sensory evaluations were conducted on instant Gochujang to assess differences in characteristics, which demonstrated that as the amount of red pepper seeds powder increased, the intensity of redness for the red pepper paste's external appearance, luster, spicy flavor and taste, and savory taste were evaluated strong. Meanwhile, fermentation value, which is red pepper paste's foremost weakness was evaluated as weak. Moreover, there was no difference in the size of the grain when compared to the contrast group consisting of regular red pepper paste. The results of preference test demonstrated that the RG3 with 30% of red pepper seed is optimal in terms of the external appearance, taste, texture and overall preference.
- Bang, H. Y., Park, M. Y., & Kim, G. H. (2004). Quality characteristics of kochujang prepared with Paecilomyces japonica from silkworm. Journal of Korean Society of Food Science & Technology, 36, 44-49.
- Choi, G. C. (2009). The quality and sensory characteristics of Kochujang added with Coriadner (Coreandrum sativum L.) (Master's thesis). Kyunghee University.
- Choi, H. S., Lee, S. Y., Baek, S. Y., Koo, B. S., Yoon, H. S., Park, H. Y., & Yeo, S. H. (2011). Quality characteristics of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) soksungjang. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 43, 77-82. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.1.077
- Han, M. Y., Ko, S. N., & Kim, W. J. (1999). Extraction conditions for preparation of natural seasoning of red pepper seed. Korean Journal of Society Food Science, 15(4), 370-376.
- Jung, D. Y., & Song, M. R. (2001). Studies on the physicochemical characteristics of sunchang traditional kochujang. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 35(4), 60-67.
- Jung, E. S. (2009). Quality properties of seasoning pork treated with Gochujang and vinegar during chilled storage (Master's thesis). Sunchon National University. 1-6.
- Kang, M. K., & Song, K. B. (2006). Quality characteristics of Gochujang with the addition of skipjack cooking broth as protein source. Korean Journal of Food Preservation, 13, 457-464.
- Kim, D. H., Yoon, T. J., & Lee, J. S. (1998). Studies on the quality of Kochujang prepared with sweet potato and glutinous rice (II). Research Bulletin of Human Ecology, 2, 13-24.
- Kim, J. C., & Rhee, J. S. (1980). Studies on processing and analysis of red pepper seed oil. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 12, 126-132.
- Kim, J. O., & Lee, K. H. (1994). Effect of temperature on color and color preference of industry produced kochujang during storage. Journal of Korean Society of Food Nutrition, 23, 641-646.
- Koh, J. Y., Kim, K. B., & Choi, S. K. (2013). Quality characteristics of Gochujang containing various amounts of persimmon syrup. Culinary Science & Hospitality Research, 19, 139-150. https://doi.org/10.20878/cshr.2013.19.1.010010010
- Ku, K. H., Choi, E J., & Park, W. S. (2008). Functional activity of water and ethanol extracts from red pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) seeds. Journal of Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 37, 1357-1362. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.10.1357
- Ku, K. H., Choi, E. J., & Park, W. S. (2009). Quality characteristics of doenjang added with red pepper seed. Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition 38, 1587-1594. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.11.1587
- Lee, S., Jo, J. H., Yoo, S. M., Park, B. R., Han, H. M., & Kim, H. Y. (2014). Evaluation of quality characteristics for Gochujang produced by small- and medium-scale manufacturers. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 46, 309-314. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.3.309
- Moon, T. W., & Kim, J. U. (1988). Some chemical physical characteristics and acceptability of Kochoojang from various starch sources. Journal of the Korean Agricultural Chemical Society.
- Oh, J. Y., Kim, Y. S., & Shin, D. H. (2002). Changes in physicochemical characteristics of low salted kochujang with natural preservatives during fermentation. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 34, 835-841.
- Park, H. K. (2006). Development of novel method for the fermentation and isolation of molds strains that decompose butyric acids (Doctoral dissertation). Yeungnam University, 1-2.
- Park, H. K., & Kim, J. K. (2003) Character impact compounds of Kochujang. Korean Soybean Digest, 20(1), 1-11.
- Park, I. D. (2014) Quality properties of glutinous rice Kochujang added with germinated barley powder during storage. Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 24(1), 92-100.
- Park, S. H., Koo, H. J., Lim, H. S., Yoo, J. H., Hwang, S. Y., Shin, E. H., Park, Y. H., Lee, J. H, & Cho, J. S. (2003) Effects of the red pepper powders dried in hot-Air by various processing. Journal of Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 32, 870-875. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.6.870
- Park, S. K., & Kyung, K. H. (1986) Pigment forming bacteria in the presence of L-tyrosine and their possible role in the browning of fermented soybean products. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 18, 367-381.
- Seong, H. S., Hong, Y. J., Han, G. J., Yu, S. M., & Yoo, S. S. (2013) Analysis of free sugar' and free amino acid from Gochujang produced from Korean small farms. Korean Journal of Food & Cookery Science, 29, 543-552. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2013.29.5.543
- Shin, D. H., Kim, D. H., Choi, U, Lim, D. K., & Lim, M. S. (1996) Studies on the physicochemical characteristics of traditional Kochujang. Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, 28(1), 157-161.
- Shin, H. J., Shin, D. H, Kwak, Y. S., Choo, J. J., & Ryu, C. H. (1999). Sensory evaluation and changes in microflora and enzyme activities of red ginseng Kochujang. Journal of Korean Society of Food Science & Nutrition, 28, 766-772.
- Shin, K. E., Choi, S. K., Kim, D. S., & Kim, H. Y. (2012) Antioxidant compounds and activities of short-term green Gochujang. Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 22, 657-666.
- Song, H. S., Kim, Y. M., & Lee, G. T. (2008) Antioxidant and anticancer activities of traditional Kochujang added with garlic porridge. Journal of Life Science, 18, 1140-1146. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2008.18.8.1140
- Sung, J. M., Lim, J. H., Park, K. J., & Jung, J. W. (2008). Effect of semi-dried red pepper with a different seed ratio on the quality of kimchi. Korean Journal of Food Preservation, 15, 427-436.
- Yoon, H. S., Kwon, J. H., Bae, M. J., & Hwang, J. H. (1983). Studies on the development of food resources from waste seeds. Journal of the Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, 26, 163-170.