- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Database for Patient Information Management in Radiation Oncology Department
- Lim, Sangwook (Department of Radiation Oncology, Kosin University College of Medicine) ;
- Kim, Kyubo (Department of Radiation Oncology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine) ;
- Ahn, Sohyun (Department of Radiation Oncology, Yonsei University College of Medicine) ;
- Lee, Sang Hoon (Cheil General Hospital & Women's Healthcare Center) ;
- Lee, Rena (Department of Radiation Oncology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine) ;
- Cho, Samju (Department of Radiation Oncology, Ewha Womans University School of Medicine)
- 투고 : 2018.01.30
- 심사 : 2018.03.29
- 발행 : 2018.03.31
The purpose of this study is to build a database of patient information for efficient radiotherapy management. Microsoft Office Access was used to build the database owing to its convenience and compatibility. The most important aspect when building the patient database is to make the input and management of patient information efficient at every step of radiotherapy process. The information input starts from the patient's first visit to the radiation therapy department and ends upon completion of the radiotherapy. The forms for each step of radiotherapy process include the patient information form, the radiotherapy schedule form, the radiotherapy information form, the simulation order form, and the patient history form. Every form is centrically connected to the radiation oncology department's patient information form. A test revealed that the database was found to be efficient in managing patient information at each step. An important benefit of this database is improved efficiency in radiotherapy management. Information on patients who received radiotherapy is stored in a database. This means that this clinical data can be found easily and used in future, which will be helpful in research studies on the radiation oncology department. Benefits such as these will potentially contribute to improved radiotherapy quality.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), Nuclear Safety and Security Commission
- Sailer SL, Tepper JE, Margolese-Malin L, Rosenman JG, Chaney EL. RAPID: an electronic medical records system for radiation oncology. Semin Radiat Oncol 1997;7: 4-10.
- Huh SJ, Ahn YC, Lim DH et al. Radiation Oncology Digital Image Chart and Digital Radiotherapy Record System at Samsung Medical Center. Korean Radiat Oncol 2000;18: 67-72.
- Cho SJ, Shim SJ, Lee S, et al. Development of Electronic Medical Chart for Radiation Oncology. Korean Journal of Medical Physics 2009; 20: 167-173.
- Lee DH. The Development of Medical Informat ion Management System of Radiation Oncology Department. Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering 2010;14: 655-662. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2010.14.3.655
- Sailer SL, Tepper JE, Margolese-Malin L, Roseman J, Chaney EL. An electronic medical records system for radiation oncology. Semin Radiat Oncol 1997;7: 4-10.
- Salenius SA, Margoles-Malin L, Tepper JE, Roseman J, Varia M, Hodge L. An electronic medical record system with direct data-entry and research capabilities. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1992;24: 369-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(92)90693-C
- Mohan R, Podmaniczky KC, Caley R, Lapidus A, Laughlinn JS. Computerized record and verify system for radiation treatments. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1984;10: 1975-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(84)90281-5
- Podmaniczky K, Mohan R, Kutcher G, Kestler C, Vikram B. Clinical experience with a computerized record and verify system. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1985;11: 1529-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(85)90342-6
- Han Y, Huh SJ, Ju SG et al. Impact of an electronic chart on the staff workload in a radiation oncology department. Jpn J Clin Oncol 2005;35: 470-474. https://doi.org/10.1093/jjco/hyi129