- Serial No. 50
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Ending Type of Movie Plot from the Viewpoint of Problem Based Storytelling : Focusing on 'StoryHelper'
문제 기반 스토리텔링의 관점에서 본 영화 플롯의 결말 유형 연구 : '스토리헬퍼'를 중심으로
- 윤혜영 (가톨릭대학교 글로컬문화스토리텔링 융복합전공)
- Received : 2018.01.29
- Accepted : 2018.03.22
- Published : 2018.03.31
The problem-based storytelling of the three-act structure, which sees the plot of the story as a solution to the problem of the character, has been the guide of creation to the creator of popular stories since Aristotle. Also problem-based storytelling has served as a schema that provides dramatic catharsis to the audience of the story, and one of the dramatic catharsis It has been working as a schema. This problem - based storytelling has been used as a structure for story production programs that have been developed since the 1980s. However, this story authoring program is focused only on the external problem of the story, but it has the limitation of producing the story that can not solve the internal problem of the character and provide the catharsis. This paper analyze the plot structure of 'StoryHelper', which is a domestic story authoring program, and the ending of 900 films, both domestic and foreign, which are database in 'StoryHelper'. 'StoryHelper' presents a problem-based plot structure that can consider not only external problems but also internal problems by applying causality and mythical episodes. The structure of these plots is based on the parameters of external problem solving, unresolved internal problem solving, and unresolved variables maturity plot(542films), disillusion plot(111films), education plot(132films), tragedy plot(205films). The results of this analysis are expected to provide a meaningful structure for plot-based creative and creative program development.
Supported by : 가톨릭대학교
- 데이비드 보드웰, 오영숙, 유지희 옮김, 영화의 내레이션2, 서울: 시각과 언어, 2007.
- 시모어 채트먼, 한용환 옮김, 이야기와 담론, 푸른사상, 2003.
- 아리스토텔레스, 최상규 옮김, 시학, 예림기획, 2002.
- 조남현, 소설원론, 고려원, 1995.
- 조셉 캠벨, 이윤기 옮김, 천의 얼굴을 한 영웅, 민음사, 1999.
- 크리스토퍼 보글러, 함춘성 옮김, 신화, 영웅 그리고 시나리오 쓰기, 무우수, 2005.
- 피터 브룩스, 박혜란 옮김, 플롯 찾아 읽기: 내러티브의 설계와 의도, 강, 2011.
- E. M. 포스터, 이성호 옮김, 소설의 이해, 문예출판사, 1993.
- Frank Kermode, The Sense of an Ending: Studies in the Theory of Narrative Fiction, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1966.
- R. S. 크레인, 최상규 옮김, 현대 소설의 이론, 예림기획, 2007.
- S. R. Turner, Minstrel: A computer model of creativity and storytelling, PhD Dissertation, University of California LA, 1993.
- 공현희, 시리즈애니메이션 등장인물의 역할 및 욕구변화에 대한 연구, 만화애니메이션연구, 제43호(2016, 6), pp.77-102.
- 류철균, 정유진, 디지털 서사도구의 인과율 개념 연구, 인문콘텐츠 , 제22호(2011,9), pp. 183-207.
- Craig Batty, The physical and emotional threads of the archetypal hero's journey: proposing common terminology and re-examining the narrative model, Journal of Screenwriting, Vol.1 No.2, 2010, pp.291-308. https://doi.org/10.1386/josc.1.2.291/1