- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on the optimal ventilation and smoke exhaust systems in case of fire in subway stations installed with PSD
PSD가 설치된 지하철 역사 내 화재 시 최적 배연시스템 연구
- Kim, Hyo-Gyu (Jusung G&B Inc.) ;
- Yoo, Ji-Oh (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Shin-Han University) ;
- Kim, Doo-Young (Jusung G&B Inc.)
- Received : 2018.02.06
- Accepted : 2018.02.26
- Published : 2018.03.31
The subway used by many passengers is required to maintain a safe and comfortable environment and PSD (Platform Screen Door) must be installed in the platform after reinforcing the standard in 2003. In the previous research, in case of subway fire to control it, it is necessary to design the optimal ventilation and smoke exhaust system according to equipment capacity of the smoke exhaust system. Therefore, in this study, based on the results of previous research, three-dimensional numerical analysis was performed for the CO gas and smoke flow by the subway ventilation system in case of platform fire. As a result of this study, it was found that in case of emergency, if only the upper-level smoke exhaust system is activated, the risk of evacuation is high due to CO gas (653.8 ppm) and smoke concentration (
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Anthoky, J., Plolicastro, O. (1995), "The use of technology in preparing subway system for chemical/biological terrorism", Argonne National Laboratory, Safety and Security, pp. 1-20.
- Choi, S.H., Ryu, K.S., Jo, H., Hwang, T.S. (2014), "A study on the improvement of platform screen door system", Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, 2014 Autumn Conference, Jeju, pp. 721-728.
- Han, Y.S., Kim, M.B., Oh, G.C., Yu, S.P. (2001), "A visualization of smoke front under a horizontal plate", Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 41-46.
- Jang, Y.J., Kim, H.B., Jung, W.S., Park, W.H. (2007), "Effect of paltform screen door on fire in the subway station", Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, 2007 Autumn Conference, Uiwang, pp. 1331-1339.
- Jang, Y.J., Lee, C.H., Kim, H.B., Kim, J.H. (2010), "Analyzing efficiencies of a ventilation system of the deeply underground subway-station for fire outbreak", Proceedings of the KSME 2010 fall annual meeting, Jeju, pp. 3483-3488.
- Jang, Y.J., Ryu, J.M., Jung, H.S. (2014), "Analysis of cooling air current and efficiency of air conditioning in the underground subway station with screen-door opening and closing", Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 328-335. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.5.328
- Kang, Y.J. (2010), "The possibility and limit of risk management through technological fix: a case study into the platform screen door (PSD)", Korean Association of Science and Technology Studies, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 77-105.
- Kim, H.G., Baek, D.S., Yoo, Y.H. (2017), "Numerical study on the improvement heat and smoke control system in old subway station on train fire", Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 88-96. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2017.31.3.088
- Kim, H.Y., Rie, D.H., Kim, J.Y. (2008), "Fire risk assessment for subway station according to supply and exhaust conditions", Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 29-34.
- Kim, M.J., Min S.H. (2016), "Study on the evacuation time analysis by platform screen door opening rate", Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 59-64. https://doi.org/10.7731/KIFSE.2016.30.4.059
- Kim, Y.M., Kim, J.R., Jeong, S.H., Han, B.W., Hong, J.H., Kim, H.W. (2009), "Consideration for improving ventilation system in subway tunnel after PSD (platform screen door) installation", Proceedings of the SAREK 2009 winter annual meeting, Seoul, pp. 666-671.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute, "Manual on evaluation of fire safety in railway facilities", pp. 902 (2011).
- Lee, C.M., Jung, J.G., Jung, J.S. (2011), "Investigation and evaluation of noise level of the Busan subway", Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 243-250. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.4.243
- Lee, T.J., Jeon, J.S., Kim, S.D., Kim, D.S. (2010), "A comparative study on PM10 Source contributions in a Seoul metropolitan subway station before/after installing platform screen doors", Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 543-553. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2010.26.5.543
- Park, H.J., Lee, Y.J., Shin, D.C., Baek, D.H. (2007), "A study on smoke extract vents in a subway with screen door by evacuation performance evaluation though RSET vs. ASET based on computer simulations", Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 511-519.
- Park, M.S., Koh, S.W., Koo, J.K., Lee, T.S. (2008), "The study of installing platform screen doors (PSD) by using SWOT analysis", Proceedings of the Korean Society for Railway, 2008 Spring Conference, Daegu, pp. 1574-1580.
- Park, S.J., Kim, K.H., Lee, E.K. (2001), "A study on the air supply and return system for the subway platform with screen door system", Proceedings of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 2001 Spring Conference, Seoul, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 885-888.
- Park, W.C. (2006), "Smoke control in a subway station platform with screen doors - based on Busan subway line 3", Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 50-54.
- Rie, D.H., Kim, H.Y., Kim. J.Y. (2008), "A study of smoke control mode for subway station fire", Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, 2008 Autumn Conference, Gwangju, pp. 178-183.
- Seo, D.G., Kim, D.E., Kwon, Y.J. (2009), "A comparative study on the velocity of smoke drops for buildings fire", Proceedings of the Korean Institute of Fire Science and Engineering, 2009 Autumn Conference, Samcheok, pp. 303-308.