- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the 3 dimensional numerical analysis method for shield TBM tunnel considering key factors
주요 영향요소를 고려한 쉴드TBM 터널 3차원 수치해석기법 연구
- Jun, Gy-chan (Research Institute Dept., KOREA Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Dong-hyun (Research Institute Dept., KOREA Engineering & Construction Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2018.02.19
- Accepted : 2018.03.06
- Published : 2018.03.31
A 3 dimensional numerical analysis for shield TBM tunnel should take into account various characteristics of the shield TBM excavation, such as gap, tail void, segment installation, and backfill injection. However, analysis method considering excavation characteristics are generally mixed with various method, resulting in concern of consistency and reliability degradation of the analytical results. In this paper, a parametric study is carried out by using actually measured ground settlement data on various methods that can be used for 3 dimensional numerical analysis of shield TBM tunneling. As a result, we have analyzed and arranged an analytical method to predict similarly the behavior of ground settlement and tunnel face pressure at the design stage. Skin plate pressure, backfill pressure and soil model have been identified as the most significant influences on the ground settlement. The grout pressure model is considered to be applicable when there is no volume loss information on the excavated ground, such as seabed tunnels, or when it is important to identify the behavior around a tunnel, such as surface settlement as well as face pressure. And it is considered that designers can use these guidelines as a base material to perform a reasonable 3 dimensional numerical analysis that reflects the ground conditions and the features of the shield TBM tunneling.
Grant : Development of Key Subsea Tunnelling Technology
Supported by : Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement
- Chai, L.K. (2003), Three-dimensional finite element analysis of earth pressure balance tunnelling, Ph.D. Thesis, National University of Singapore, pp. 135-162.
- Jun, G.C., Kim, D.H. (2015), "A study on key factors of ground surface settlement due to shield TBM excavation using 3-dimension numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 305-317. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.305
- Jun, G.C., Kim, D.H. (2016), "A Intercomparison on the estimating shield TBM tunnel face pressure through analytical and numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 273-282. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.273
- Jun, G.C., Kim, D.H. (2017), "A study on key factors of ground settlement due to shield TBM excavation using numerical analysis and field measurement compasion", Journal of Korean Geosynthetics Society, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 63-72. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2017.16.1.063
- Lee, S.W., Yu, J.S., An, C.K., Heo, S.M. (2016), "Theoretical study on evaluation of face pressure for shield TBM", Proceedings of the KSCE 2016 Convention Program, pp. 194-195.
- Moller, S.C. (2006), Tunnel induced settlements and structural forces in linings, Ph.D. Thesis, Universitat Stuttgart, pp. 97-125.