- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A fundamental study on the jet fan capacity for smoke control considering thermal buoyancy force in tunnel fires
터널 화재 시 열부력을 고려한 제연용 제트팬 용량산정에 관한 기초 연구
- Lee, Ho-Hyung (Ju-sung G&B Inc.) ;
- Choi, Pan-Gyu (Ju-sung G&B Inc.) ;
- Jo, Jong-Bok (Sambo Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Seung-Chul (Kangwon National University) ;
- Lee, Chang-Woo (Dong-A University)
- Received : 2018.02.13
- Accepted : 2018.02.28
- Published : 2018.03.31
As a result of the recent revision of the 'Guideline for Installation and Management of Fire Prevention Facility in Road Tunnels', the thermal buoyancy has to be taken into account when calculating the capacity of jet fans for smoke control in tunnel fires. However, there is no detailed methodologies for considering thermal buoyancy, so further study is needed. In this study, the thermal buoyancy in the tunnel is calculated by 3-D numerical simulation to consider the thermal buoyancy in case of fire in tunnels, and the relationship between heat buoyancy and vehicle drag, And the method of calculating the capacity of the jet fan for smoke control in tunnels. According to the analysis results, heat buoyancy acts as a resistance force in the case of a down-slope tunnel, and the pressure rise of jet fan for smoke control is not simply determined by the value of heat buoyancy at the entrance of the tunnel and the value of the vehicle drag at the exit. And it is analyzed that it is necessary to carry out a comprehensive review according to the location of the fire vehicle in tunnels.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Austrian Research Association for Roads, Rail and Transport (FSV) (2008), Guidelines and regulations for road construction (RVS 09.02.21).
- Federal Department of Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (2008), "Luftung der Strassentunnel Systemwahl; Dimensionierung und Ausstattung", ASTRA 13001.
- Korea Expressway Corporation (2012), A study on the improvement of the calculation criteria for the jet fan in road tunnels, pp. 120-141.
- MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport) (2011), Road design manual (617. Ventilation), pp. 617-28-617-35.
- MOLIT (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport) (2016), Guidelines for fire prevention equipment's installation and management in road tunnels, pp. 56-57.
- The Norwegian Road and Transport Department (2010), Road Tunnels (Handbooks).
- Yoo, J.O., Shin, H.J. (2013), "A numerical study on effects of thermal buoyance force on number of jet fans for smoke control", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, No. 15, Vol. 3, pp. 301-310. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.301