- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Structural performance evaluation of precast concrete segment using synthetic fibres
프리캐스트 콘크리트 세그먼트의 합성섬유 보강재 적용에 따른 구조적 성능 평가
- Lee, Hoseong (JIYUN EnC Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Changyong (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Lee, Sean S. (Dept. of Earth Resources and Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Seungjun (JIYUN EnC Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Kyeongjin (JIYUN EnC Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2018.02.12
- Accepted : 2018.03.08
- Published : 2018.03.31
Steel bars have been widely used as the primary reinforcement for Precast Segmental Concrete Lining for TBM Tunnels. Previously, studies have been carried out to gauge the potential for steel fiber reinforcement to replace the use of steel bar reinforcements in the segmental lining to reduce the amount of the steel bar reinforcement. Steel fiber reinforcements have been investigated and widely applied to SFRC TBM linings to improve the constructability of SFRC TBM linings worldwide. However, the steel fiber reinforcement often caused punctures to the water membranes inside tunnel lining and had long-term durability deterioration issues caused by steel corrosion, as well as cosmetic problems. Therefore, this paper sought to gauge the potential of synthetic fiber reinforcements, which have proven to be very attractive substitutes for steel fiber reinforcements. This study analyzed the performance of both steel and synthetic fiber reinforcements in segmental linings and evaluated the applicability of the fiber reinforcements to the TBM Precast Concrete Segmental Linings of TBM tunnels. As a conclusion, this study demonstrates that the potential use of steel and synthetic fibers in various combination, can substitute the rebar reinforcement in the concrete mix for segmental concrete linings.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Chang, S.H., Lee, G.P., Choi, S.W., Bae, G.J. (2011), "State of the art of segment lining in shield tunnel and statistical analysis of its key design parameters", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 427-438.
- Chiaia, B., Fantilli, A.P., Vallini, P. (2009), "Combining fiber-reinforced concrete with traditional reinforcement in tunnel linings", Engineering Structures, Vol. 31, No. 7, pp. 1600-1606. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.02.037
- Dobashi, H., Konishi, Y., Nakayama, M., Matsubara, K. (2006), "Development of steel fiber reinforced high fluidity concrete segment and application to construction", Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 21, No. 3-4, pp. 422. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2005.12.066
- Fuente, A., Pujadas, P., Balanco, A., Aguado, A. (2012), "Experiences in Barcelona with the use of fibers in segmental linings", Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 60-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2011.07.001
- Lee, G.P., Bae, G.J., Moon, D.Y., Kang, T.S., Chang, S.H. (2013), "Evaluation of steel fiber reinforcement effect in Segment lining by full scale bending test", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 215-223. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.215
- Moon, D.Y., Roh, H.S., Chang, S.H., Lee, G.P., Bae, G.J. (2014), "Performance evaluation of SFRC for tunnel segments based on large beam test", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 287-298. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.3.287
- Rivaz, B. (2008), "Steel fiber reinforced concrete (SFRC): The use of SFRC in precast segment for tunnel lining", Proceedings of the World Tunnel Congress 2008 Underground Facilities for Better Environment and Safety-India, Agra, pp. 2007-2017.
- Tiberti, G., Plizzari, G.A., Walraven, J.C., Blom, C.B.M. (2008), Concrete tunnel segments with combined traditional and fiber reinforcement, Tailor Made Concrete Structures, Taylor & Francis Group, pp. 199-205.