- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Critical face pressure and backfill pressure of shield TBM considering surface settlements of saturated clayey ground
쉴드 TBM 굴진에 따른 포화 점성토 지반의 침하거동을 고려한 한계 굴진면압과 한계 뒤채움압
- Kim, Kiseok (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Illinois) ;
- Oh, Ju-Young (Samsung C&T Corporation Civil Business) ;
- Lee, Hyobum (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Choi, Hangseok (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2018.02.09
- Accepted : 2018.03.08
- Published : 2018.03.31
The shield tunneling method can minimize surface settlements by preventing the deformation of tunnel face and tunnel intrados due to tunnel excavation. For this purpose, it is very important to control the operating conditions of shield TBM. The face pressure and backfill pressure for tail void grouting should be the most important and immediate measure not only to restrain surface settlement, but also to influence the effective stress and pore water pressure around the circumstance of tunnel during excavation. The reaction of the ground to the application of face pressure and backfill pressure relies on the stiffness and permeability of ground. Especially, the reaction of saturated clayey ground formations, which shows the time-dependent deformation, is different from the permeable ground. Hence, in this paper it was investigated how the TBM operating conditions, ground stiffness, and permeability impact on the surface settlement of saturated clayey ground. For this purpose, a series of parametric studies were carried out by means of the stress-pore water pressure coupled FE analysis. The results show that the settlement of soft clayey ground is divided into the immediate settlement and consolidation settlement. Especially, the consolidation settlement depends on the ground stiffness and permeability. In addition, the existence of critical face pressure and backfill pressure was identified. The face pressure and backfill pressure above the critical value may cause an unexpected increase in the ground settlement.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술 자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- ABAQUS (2011), "Abaqus/Standard v.6.11, User Manual", Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc.
- Hashimoto, T., Nagaya, J., Konda, T. (1999), "Prediction of ground deformation due to shield excavation in clayey soils", Soils and Foundations, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 53-61. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.39.3_53
- Hwang, R.N., Moh, Z.C., Chen, M. (1996), "Pore pressure induced in soft ground due to tunnelling", Proceedings of the International Symposium on Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, London, pp. 695-700.
- Jun, G.C., Kim, D.H. (2016), "A intercomparison on the estimating shield TBM tunnel face pressure through analytical and numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 273-282. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.273
- Kasper, T. (2004), Finite element simulation maschineller tunnelvortriebe in wassergesattigtem lockergestein, Doctorial Thesis, Ruhr-University Bochum, pp. 84-90.
- Lambrughi, A, Roderiguez, L.M., Castellanza, R. (2012), "Development and validation of a 3D numerical model for TBM-EPB mechanised excavations", Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 40, pp. 97-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2011.10.004
- Lewis, R.W., Schrefler, B.A. (2000), The Finite Element Method in the Static and Dynamic Deformation and Consolidation of Porous Media, John Wiley & Sons, England, pp. 475.
- Maehr, M., Herle, I. (2004), "Volume loss and soil dilatancy", Rivista Italiana di Geotecnica, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 32-41.
- Meschke, G., Kropik, C., Mang, H.A. (1996), "Numerical analyses of tunnel linings by means of a viscoplastic material model for shotcrete", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 18, pp. 3145-3162. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19960930)39:18<3145::AID-NME992>3.0.CO;2-M
- Oh, J.Y. (2013), "Interacktion der Ringspaltverpressung mit dem umgebenden Baugrund und der Tunnelauskleidung", Doctorial Thesis, RWTH Aachen University, pp. 34-76.
- Park, H., Oh, J.Y., Chang, S., Lee, S. (2016), "Case study of volume loss estimation during slurry TBM tunnelling in weathered zone of granite rock", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 61-74 https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.1.061
- Von Wolffersdorff, P.A. (1996), "A hypoplastic relation for granular materials with a predefined limit state surface", Mechanics of Cohesive-Frictional Materials, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 251-271. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1484(199607)1:3<251::AID-CFM13>3.0.CO;2-3