- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on the stability analysis for double deck tunnel branch geometry
복층터널 분기 기하구조에 따른 안정성 검토에 관한 연구
- Park, Woo-Jeong (Geotechnical Department, Sambo Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jang, Namju (Geotechnical Department, Sambo Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Kihwan (Geotechnical Department, Sambo Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Choi, Chang-rim (Geotechnical Department, Sambo Engineering Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2018.01.31
- Accepted : 2018.02.27
- Published : 2018.03.31
The tunnel can be planned to connect to underground roadway and surface road. The large tunnel and branch section are made when the ramp tunnel access to the main tunnel. In the branch section, stress concentration can be assigned and it can be very important for the stability of the tunnel. This study assessed the behavior of rock pillar in double deck tunnel diverging area by using a two dimensional numerical analysis. This study evaluated different safety factors according to pillar width and the ramp tunnel position in branch. By the assessment of the strength-stress ratio, tunnel pillar width is suggested in order to secure the safety factor 1.5.
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계기술 및 시공기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Hoek, E., Brown, E. T. (1980), Underground Excavations in Rock, Institution of Mining & Metallurgy, London, pp. 112-125.
- Jang, B.S., Hwang, J.S., Yoon, B.S., Kim, H.T. (2006), "The behavior characteristics of tunnel pillar by small-scale model tests", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conferences, Vol. 2006, No. 10, pp. 4282-4285.
- Kim, D.S., Kim, Y.G., Lee, D.H., Kim, C.Y., Bae, K.J., Lee, S.H., Lee, H.S. (2004), "A study on stability and pillar reinforcement of a asymmetry parallel tunnel", Proceedings of the 4th Tunnel Technical Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 2004, No. 12, pp. 181-197.
- Kim, S.H., Choi, C.R., Han, S.H., Lee, K.H., Choi, Y.S., Suk, J.D. (2011), "Stability analysis of an divergence tunnel in urban", Proceedings of the 30th Simposium of Korean Society for Rock Mechnics, Vol. 2011, No. 9, pp. 287-291
- Lee, H.S., Moon, H.K. (2016), "Behavior of the segment lining due to the middle slab and the lateral pressure coefficient in duplex tunnel", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 26, No.3, pp. 192-200. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.3.192
- Lim, H., Son, K. (2014), "The stability analysis of near parallel tunnels pillar at multi-layered soil with shallow depth by numerical analysis", Journal of the Korean Geoenvironmental Society, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 53-62. https://doi.org/10.14481/jkges.2014.15.1.53
- Matsuda, T., Toyosato, E., Igarashi, M., Nashimoto, Y., Sugiyama, T. (1997), "A study on design methods for twin tunnels constructed by the single drift and central pier method", Proceedings of the Studies on Tunnel Engineering, Vol. 7.
- Nam, K.M., Choi, M.K., Kim, J.J., Yoo, H.K. (2017), "Stability analysis of an existing utility tunnel due to the excavation of a divergence tunnel emerging from double-deck tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 231-248. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.2.231
- Peck, R.B. (1969), "Deep excavations and tunneling in soft ground", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Mexico, State-of-the-Art Ropert 3, pp. 225-290.
- You, K.H., Jin, S.H., Kim, Y.J. (2017), "A stability study of deep and double-deck tunnels considering shape and reinforcing method of an enlarged section by using numerical analyses", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 41-56. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.1.041