- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Seismic response characteristics according to the supporting conditions of middle slab of double-deck undersea tunnel using the centrifuge testing
원심모형 실험을 이용한 해저 복층터널 중간슬래브 지지조건에 따른 지진 응답특성
- Um, Ki-Yoon (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Park, Inn-Joon (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hanseo University) ;
- Kwak, Chang-Won (Korea District Heating Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Jang, Dong-In (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hanseo University)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.02.23
- Published : 2018.03.31
Due to the concentration and congestion of traffic in Seoul metropolitan area, effective utilization of underground space is required, and construction of various underground structures such as a double deck tunnel is increasing. Double deck tunnels are divided into upper and lower runways, and the most important part is middle slab. To investigate seismic behavior of middle slab, experimental study is required because of the complexity of the load and the mechanism of earthquake. In this study, centrifugal model tests were conducted to investigate the response characteristics of earthquake response according to the support conditions of the middle slab of a double deck tunnel. Artificial, Ofunato (short period) and Hachinohe (long period) seismic waves were employed in the experimental study. As a result, it was confirmed that the acceleration attenuation of elastomeric bearings condition was 10.6% in artificial earthquake, 13.6% in Ofunato earthquake, and 10.3% in Hachinohe earthquake. The results indicate that elastomeric bearings have some advantages in the viewpoint of seismic behaviors.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Ham, D.H. (2007), Reinforcement effect of soil nailing on cut slope by centrifuge model test, Master Thesis, Chungbuk Graduate School, pp. 31-34.
- Jang, D.I., Kim, J.I., Kwak, C.W., Park, I.J. (2017), "The characteristic of earthquake response on middle slab in double-deck tunnel under supporting conditions", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 55-60.
- Jang, D.I., Kwak, C.W., Park, I.J. (2016), "The characteristics of dynamic behavior on middle slab in double-deck tunnel", Proceedings of the KSCE 2016 Convention (2016 Conference & Civil Expo), Vol. 2016, No. 10, pp. 188-189.
- Lee, C.J. (2002), "Introduce geotechnical centrifuge technology", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Engineering Society, Vol. 18, No. 8, pp. 31-37.
- Lee, H.S., Moon, H.K. (2016), "Behavior of the segment lining due to the middle slab and the lateral pressure coefficient in duplex tunnel", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 26 No. 3, pp. 192-200. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.3.192
- Moon, H.G., Kil, K.O., Song, I.C., Lee, H.Y. (2016), "A study on site selection criteria and discharge capability evaluation for the multi-purpose use of a double-deck tunnel in a great depth", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 283-290. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.283
- Okamoto, S., Tamura, C., Kato, K., Hamada, M. (1973), "Behaviors of submerged tunnels during earthquake engineering", Proceedings of the Fifth World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 544-553.
- Park, I.J., Park, S.Y., Kim, S.I., Kim, S.H. (2005), "Simplified seismic analysis of underground rectangular structures", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 249-255.
- Park, J.O. (2009), Evaluation of bearing capacity of piled raft foundation on OC clay using centrifuge and numerical modeling, Master Thesis, KAIST Graduate School, pp. 17-54.
- Schofield, A.N. (1988), "An introduction to centrifuge modelling", Centrifuge in Soil Mechanics, Balkema, Rotterdam, pp. 1-18.
- Seok, J.H., Park, H.B., Cho, Y.K., Choi, L., Kim, S.M. (2015), "Numerical analysis of middle slab behavior in double-deck tunnel depending on support types", Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 2015, No. 10, pp. 241-242.