- Volume 20 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A numerical study on the characteristics of small underground cavities in the surrounding old water supply and sewer pipeline
노후 상하수관 주변지반의 소규모 지하공동 형상 특성을 고려한 수치해석에 관한 연구
- An, Joon-Sang (Construction IT Laboratory, BasisSoft, Inc.) ;
- Kang, Kyung-Nam (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Song, Ki-Il (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Byung-Chan (Construction IT Laboratory, BasisSoft, Inc.)
- Received : 2018.01.08
- Accepted : 2018.02.01
- Published : 2018.03.31
In recent years, the occurrence of ground subsidence phenomenon is frequent in Korea. The Korean government has enacted a special law on underground safety and the law will be enforced from January 1, 2018. Under this new law, underground excavation should be assessed for underground safety impacts. After excavation construction, periodic geophysical surveys should be conducted to investigate the occurrence of underground cavities. When underground cavities were discovered, the underground safety was assessed through numerical analysis. However, it is controversial because the method of numerical modeling the discovered underground cavity is due to be established. In this study, the effect of the depth of the underground cavity from the shape of the underground cavity to the underground cavity was studied using a continuum analysis program. In this study, a method to reflect the shape of the underground cavity to the numerical modeling is presented. The relationship between the shape and depth of the underground cavity, and the factor of safety calculated by the shear strength reduction method (SSR) is presented. The results of this study are expected to form the basic data on underground safety impact assessment.
Grant : 지반함몰 발생 및 피해저감을 위한 지반 안정성 평가 및 굴착.보강기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Bae, Y.S., Kim, K.T., Lee, S.Y. (2017), "The road subsidence status and safety improvement plans", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 545-552. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.1.545
- Choi, S.K., Back, S.H., An, J.B., Kwon, T.H. (2016), "Geotechnical investigation on causes and mitigation of ground subsidence during underground structure construction", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 143-154. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.2.143
- Cooper, A.H. (1986), "Subsidence and foundering of strata caused by the dissolution of Permian gypsum in the Ripon and Bedale areas, North Yorkshire", Geological Society, London, Special Publications, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 127-139. https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.SP.1986.022.01.11
- Drumm, E.C., Akturk, O., Akgun, H., Tutluoglu, L. (2009), "Stability charts for the collapse of residual soil in karst", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 135, No. 7, pp. 925-931. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000066
- Hoek, E., Brown, E.T. (1980), "Underground excavations in rock", Institution of Mining and Metallurgy, London, pp. 220-231.
- Itasca Consulting Group, Inc. (2012), FLAC3D-Fast Lagrangian Analysis of Continua in 3 Dimensions, Version 5.0, User Manual, Minnesota, USA.
- Jeong, S.W., Kim, S.W., Yum, B.W., Kuwano, R. (2016), "Experimental results on compaction and groundwater level dependent ground subsidence using a small-sized laboratory tank model", Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 309-317. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2016.16.6.309
- Jeong, S.Y., Jeong, Y.H., Kim, D.S. (2017), "Trend of physical modelling for ground subsidence and study of its application", Journal of Korean Society of Disaster and Security, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.21729/KSDS.2017.10.1.1
- Kim, J.B., You, S.K., Han, J.K., Kim, Y.H. (2017), "Experimental study on generating mechanism of the ground subsidence of due to damaged waters supply pipe.", Proceedings of the 2017 Spring Geosynthetics Conference, pp. 46-47.
- Kim, J.K. (2014), "Study on stress state and support for limestone mines excavated room & pillar method", Ph.D. Thesis, Chonnam National University, pp. 15-19.
- Kim, J.K., Yang, H.S. (2016), "Stability analysis of the inclined pillars by scaled model test", Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 508-515.
- Kim, S.H. (2003), "Standardization of tunnel supporting system in karst formation", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 279-289.
- Kim, S.J. (2013), "Stability analysis of the inclined pillars by statistical analysis", Master's Thesis, Chonnam National University, pp. 20-22.
- Lee, D.Y. (2014), "Cause of ground subsidence in urban areas and countermeasures", Water Journal, 2014, November. http://www.waterjournal.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=21657.
- Lee, D.Y., Cho, D.Y. (2016), "DEM modelling of underground cavity due to sewer pipe leakage", Proceedings of the 2016 Fall Geosynthetics Conference, pp. 103-104.
- Lee, D.Y., Kim, D.M., Ryu, Y.S., Han, J.G. (2015), "Development and application of backfill material for reducing ground subsidence", Journal of the Korean Geosynthetic Society, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 147-158. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2015.14.4.147
- Lee, J.H., Jin, H.S., Baek, Y., Yoon, H.S. (2017), "Evaluation of land subsidence risk depending on grain size and verification using numerical analysis", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 133-141. https://doi.org/10.9720/KSEG.2017.2.133
- Lee, J.S., Bang, C.S. (2000), "A numerical analysis on the collapse and backfill mechanism of the abandoned mine cavity", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 62-71.
- Lee, S.H. (2017), "The life cycle informatization and structural stability analysis for double-deck tunnel", Master's thesis, Inha University, pp. 37-52.
- McCann, D.M., Jackson, P.D., Culshaw, M.G. (1987), "The use of geophysical surveying methods in the detection of natural cavities and mineshafts", Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 59-73. https://doi.org/10.1144/GSL.QJEG.1987.020.01.06
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (MOLIT) (2017), "Underground safety management guidelines", http://www.molit.go.kr/USR/I0204/m_45/dtl.jsp?idx=15212.
- Moon, J.S., Zheng, A.Q., Jang, S.Y. (2017), "Assessment of groundwater inflow rate into a tunnel considering groundwater level drawdown and permeability reduction with depth", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 109-120. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.2.109
- Park, Y.J., You, K.H. (1998), "Stability analysis for jointed rock slope using ubiquitous joint model", Tunnel & Underground, Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 287-295.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government (2014), "Announcement of special management measures for road subsidence in seoul", http://infra.seoul.go.kr/archives/17649?tr_code=sweb.
- Song, W.K., Chung, S.K., Han, K.C. (2002), "Stability analysis of a tunnel above mined cavities", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 135-141.
- Tharp, T.M. (1999), "Mechanics of upward propagation of cover-collapse sinkholes", Engineering Geology, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 23-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7952(98)00051-9
- Wilson, W.L., Beck, B.F. (1992), "Hydrogeologic factors affecting new sinkhole development in the Orlando area, Florida", Groundwater, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 918-930. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6584.1992.tb01575.x