- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Chuna Manual Therapy for Cervicogenic Dizziness : A Systematic Review
경추성 현훈에 대한 추나요법의 치료 효과 : 체계적 문헌고찰
- Park, Na Ri (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Daegu Hanny University) ;
- Choi, Soo Min (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Daegu Hanny University) ;
- Yang, Doo Hwa (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Daegu Hanny University) ;
- Woo, Chang Hoon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Daegu Hanny University) ;
- Ahn, Hee Duk (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Korean Medicine Hospital, Daegu Hanny University)
- 박나리 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학 교실) ;
- 최수민 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학 교실) ;
- 양두화 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학 교실) ;
- 우창훈 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학 교실) ;
- 안희덕 (대구한의대학교 한의과대학 한방재활의학 교실)
- Received : 2018.10.15
- Accepted : 2018.11.19
- Published : 2018.12.30
Objectives : To evaluate the evidence for effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy, for cervicogenic dizziness Methods : We conducted a search across 6 electronic databases to find all randomized controlled clinical trials(RCTs) that discuss Chuna manual therapy till September 2018. Results : 7 RCTs were selected for our inclusion criteria. The systematic review showed positive results for using Chuna manual therapy, for treating cervicogenic dizziness. Conclusions : Our systematic review found that effectiveness Chuna manual therapy for cervicogenic dizziness. However, our systematic review had several limited evidence. We recommend an additional research to test the effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy.
- Hain TC. Cervicogenic causes of vertigo. Curr Opin Neurol. 2015;28(1):69-73. https://doi.org/10.1097/WCO.0000000000000161
- Reid SA, Callister R, Snodgrass SJ, Katekar MG, Rivett DA. Manual therapy for cervicogenic dizziness: Long-term outcomes of a randomised trial. Man Ther. 2015 ;20(1):148-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2014.08.003
- Peng B. Cervical Vertigo: Historical Reviews and Advances. World Neurosurg. 2018;109:347-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2017.10.063
- Wrisley DM, Sparto PJ, Whitney SL, Furman JM. Cervicogenic dizziness: a review of diagnosis and treatment. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2000;30(12):755-66. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.2000.30.12.755
- Department of Simgye Internal Medicine in national university of Korean Medicine. Cardiology-Neurology of Korean Medicine. 4th Edition. Seoul: Gunja publisher. 2010;388-403.
- Hwang DG, Kim EJ, Choi KH, Heo SJ, Youn DW. A Case Report on a Patient with Cervical Vertigo Who Improved with a Combination of Korean Medicine Treatments. The Journal of Internal Korean Medicine. 2017;38(3):392-400. https://doi.org/10.22246/jikm.2017.38.3.392
- Jo CH, Park HJ, Baek IK, Kim DH, Kim JH, An JJ, et al. 2 Cases Study of The Effect of Jaeumgeonbi-tang Gamibang on the functional dizziness. J Int Korean Med. 2011;32:390-4.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation the 4th edition. Seoul: Koonja publisher. 2015:115-9.
- Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerve. Chuna Manual Medicine. the 2rd edition. Seoul:Korean Society of Chuna Manual Medicine for Spine & Nerve. 2014;26-37.
- National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analysis for intervention. Seoul:National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. 2011:65-72.
- Higgins J, Green S. Analysing and presenting results. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions 4.2.6. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2008:79-165.
- Long XY, Wang Gang. Effects on Cervical Curvature of Patients with Cervical Vertigo with the Treatment of Manipulation for Massaging Soft Tissues. Chinese Manipulation & Rehabilitaion Medicine. 2013;4(7):60-1.
- Luan Long, Wen Yingkui. Chiropractic Treatment of Cervical Traction with artificial Vertigo Effect of 155 Cases. CJGMCM. 2009;24(7):1319-20.
- Kang Fu, Wang QC, Ye YG. A randomized controHed trial of rotatory reduction manipulation and acupoint massage in the treatment of younger cervical vertigo. China J Orthop & Trauma. 2008;21(4):270-2. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1003-0034.2008.04.009
- Shi Pubin. Clinical Observation of Combined Massage Techniques and Acupuncture for 52 Cases of Cervical Vertigo. Zhejiang Zhongyi Zazhi. 2010; 45(11):835.
- Ding HY, Yuan LG, Ziu ZH, LIU JE, Wang Bin. Clinical analysis of cervical vertigo treated by reference spin rest combine with head and neck massage. Medical innovation of china, August. 2010;7(22):27-9.
- Wang WC, Zhang anren, Lu JC, Wang mei, Zhao juanni, Ban lisheng. Application and Evaluation of the Improved Evaluating Score for the Symptoms and Function Rchabilitation of Cervical Vertigo in Traditional Chinese Medical Treatment. Journal of Military Surgeon in Southwest China. 2007(9);4:145-6.
- Yang YJ, Hu TS, Lin LY, Hu FY, Jiang XC. Efficacy Observation on Head Rotation Manipulation and Cervical Traction Treating Cervical Vertigo. Chinese Manipulation & Rehabilitation Medicine. 2014(5);6:44-5.
- Kim JY, Kim WH, Lee JS, Oh HM, Kim DW, Choi DJ. The Diagnosis and Treatment of the Cervical Vertigo. Korean J Otorhinolaryngol-Head Neck Surg. 2015; 58(3):177-81. https://doi.org/10.3342/kjorl-hns.2015.58.3.177
- Yacovino DA, Hain TC. Clinical Characteristics of Cervicogenic-Related Dizziness and Vertigo. Semin Neurol. 2013;33:244-55. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0033-1354592
- Brandt T, Bronstein AM. Cervical vertigo. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2001;71(1):8-12. https://doi.org/10.1136/jnnp.71.1.8
- Kentala E, Rauch SD. A practical assessment algorithm for diagnosis of dizziness. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;128(1):54-9. https://doi.org/10.1067/mhn.2003.47