- Volume 42 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Integrating Analysis on Measurements of Head and Face for Korean Men and Women
한국인 성인 남녀의 머리 및 얼굴 부위 측정치 통합분석
- Jeon, Eunkyung (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, University of Ulsan) ;
- Moon, Jeehyun (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2018.09.12
- Accepted : 2018.11.08
- Published : 2018.12.31
The head and face are the most complicated structures of the human body. However, unlike apparel products, many of the head and face related products are produced in unisex or one-size-fits-all. Therefore, it is necessary to provide a practical analysis that reflects these size structures. This study analyzed head and face measurements of men, women, and both men and women; its purpose lying in clarifying the differences and commonalities between the measurements of men and women and discovering the possibility of integrating analysis on measurements of men and women. 3D face and head measurement data of men and women from 20 to 29 years-old from Size Korea's 6th human body size data were analyzed for this study. The mutual 9 factors were extracted as the results of the three factor analyses (both men and women) separately and men and women integrated. However in the cluster analysis based on the 9 factors, men and women showed mutual characteristics and different landscape in group types and distribution. The commonalities and differences between men and women observed in this study should be applied to the sizes of head and face products.
Supported by : 울산대학교
- Choi, Y. L., Kim, J. S., & Nam, Y. J. (2009). Classification of head shape and 3-dimensional analysis for Korean women. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 11(5), 779-787.
- Choi, Y. L., Kim, J. S., & Nam, Y. J. (2010). Classification of head shape and 3-dimensional analysis for Korean men. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 12(6), 812-820. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.6.812 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2010.12.6.812
- head. (n.d.). NAVER Knowledge Encyclopedia-Health Encyclopedia. Retrieved January 4, 2018, from http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=938543&mobile&cid=51006&categoryId=51006
- Jeon, C. S. (2016, December 6). (Contribution) Safety helmet for two-wheeled motorcycles... protecting my precious life. Asia news agency. Retrieved May 6, 2018, from http://www.anewsa.com/detail.php?number=1100173&thread=04r02
- Kang, Y. S. (2015). The research of the lifestyle facial masks characteristics and consumer's wearing attitude. Journal of the Korean Society of Fashion Design, 15(3), 1-20. doi:10.18652/2015.15.3.1
- Kim, H. S., Yi, K. H., & Park, S. J. (2005). An anthropometric study on the Korean female adults heads for the development of 3D craniofacial shape. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(2), 367-378.
- Kim, H. S., Yi, K. H., & Park, S. J. (2006). A study of standard head model for Korean adults by 3D measurement. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 30 (4), 542-553.
- Kim, I., Kwon, M., & Yang, M. (2005). A study on the analysis of Korean adults' bead-type and the distribution of size for improving the fitness of swimming headgear. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29 (8), 1079-1091.
- Kim, M. S. (2018, March 29). Reserve forces continued to be exposed to fine dust. Nocut News. Retrieved May 6, 2018, from http://www.nocutnews.co.kr/news/4945939#csidx89eec47895a201a9d4c12f0677dccae
- Kim, M. J., & Lee. S. R. (2004). The study on the types of hair cut designs based on the face measurements of male college student. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 6(6), 740-748.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2010). 6th Size Korea data. Size Korea. Retrieved May 10, 2018, from https://sizekorea.kr/page/report/2
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. (2018). Size Korea data. Size Korea. Retrieved January 4, 2018, from https://sizekorea.kr/
- Lee, S. (1995). Factor analysis I. Seoul: Hakjisa.
- Song, M. Y., & Park, O. L. (2004). A study on women's face types classification and shape differences. Journal of Fashion Business, 8(1), 76-90.
- Yi, K. H., & Kim, J. H. (2007). Facial type analysis of adult women for correct make-up. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(11), 1487-1499. doi:10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.11.1487 https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.11.1487