- Volume 60 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Physicochemical properties of M. longissimus dorsi of Korean native pigs
- Kim, Gye-Woong (Department of Animal Resources Science, Kongju National University) ;
- Kim, Hack-Youn (Department of Animal Resources Science, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2017.10.31
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.03.31
Background: The meat quality of Korean native pigs (KNP) and crossbred pigs (LYD; Landrace
Korean native pigs;Crossbred breed pig;Meat quality
- Gwak YT, Ko BN. Pork consumption pattern analysis for non-preferred parts. Korean J Agri Manag Pol. 2006;33:444-55.
- Ok YS. Quality properties for meat products of sow pork. Chungnam: Ph. D. thesis of Kongju National Univ; 2016.
- Jin SK, Kim IS, Lee JR, Shin TS. Quality properties of brand pork. Korean J Food Sci An. 2008;28:470-9. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.4.470
- Kim GW, Kim SE. Analysis of the domestic consumer's preference and consumption behaviors on pork. J Anim Sci Technol. 2009;51:81-90. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2009.51.1.081
- Kim GW, Kim MJ, Ok YS, Kim HY. Analysis of consumer preferences for branded and imported pork. Korean J Food Culture. 2014;29:342-7. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2014.29.4.342
- Cho SH, Seong PN, Kim JH, Park BY, Kwon OS, Ha KH, Kim DH, Ahn CN. Comparison of meat quality, nutritional, and sensory properties of Korean native pigs by gender. Korean J Food Sci An. 2007;27:475-81. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2007.27.4.475
- Oh HS, Kim HY, Yang HS, Lee JI, Joo YK, Kim CU. Comparison of meat quality characteristics between crossbreeds. Korean J Food Sci An. 2008; 28:171-80. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.2.171
- Warriss PD, Brown SN, Edwards JE, Knowles TG. Effect of lairage time on levels of stress and meat quality in pigs. Anim Sci J. 1998;66:163-70. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1357729800008936
- Yoo JY. Analysis of PRKAG3 gene and carcass quality in pigs. Seoul: Ph. D. thesis of Konkuk Univ; 2007.
- Joo ST, Lee JI, Ha YL, Park GB. Effects of dietary conjugated linoleic acid on fatty acid composition, lipid oxidation, color and water-holding capacity of pork loin. J Anim Sci. 2002;80:108-12. https://doi.org/10.2527/2002.801108x
- Martens H. Physiologie der muskulature und das MHS-Gen des schweines: zur diskussion umeine eliminierung des mutierten Ryanodin Rezeptors aus der deutschen schweinezucht. Arch Tierzucht Dummerstorf. 1998;41:179-92.
- Jin SK, Kim CW, Song YM, Jang WH, Kim YB, Yeo JS, Kim JW, Kang KH. Physicochemical characteristics of longissimus muscle between the Korean native pig and landrace. Korea J Food Sci An. 2001;21:142-8.
- Jin SK, Kim IS, Song YM, Hur SJ, Hah KH, Kim HY, Lyou HJ, Ha JH, Kim BW. Physico-chemical characteristics of crossbred pigs with carcass grade. Korean J Food Sci An. 2004;24:246-52.
- Cho SH, Park BY, Kim JH, Kim MJ, Seong PN, Kim YJ, Kim DH, Ahn CN. Carcass yields and meat quality by live weight of Korean native black pigs. J Anim Sci Technol. 2007;49:523-30. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2007.49.4.523
- AOAC. The official method of analysis AOAC. Association of official analytical chemists. 19th ed. Washington, DC; 2002.
- Laakkonen E, Wellington GH, Skerbon JW. Low-temperature long-time heating of bovine muscle 1. Changes in tenderness, water-binding capacity, pH and amount of water-soluble component. J Food Sci. 1970;35:175-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1970.tb12131.x
- Folch J, Lees M, Sloan-Stanley GH. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J Biol Chem. 1957; 226:497-509.
- Choi YS, Park BY, Lee JM, Lee SK. Effect of nutritional levels on the growth and meat quality of Korean native black pigs. Korean J Food Sci An. 2008; 28:39-44. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.1.39
- Kim IS, Jin SK, Kim CW, Song YM, Cho KK, Chung KH. Effects of pig breeds on proximate, physicochemical, cholesterol, amino acid, fatty acid and sensory properties of loins. J Anim Sci Technol. 2008;50:121-32. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2008.50.1.121
- Park MJ, Jeong JY, Ha DM, Han JC, Sim TG, Park BC, Park GB, Joo ST, Lee CY. Effects of dietary energy level and slaughter weight on growth performance and grades and quality traits of the carcass in finishing pigs. J Anim Sci Technol. 2009;51:143-54. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2009.51.2.143
- Kang SM. Studies on the quality characteristics of Korean native black pork during aging. Chuncheon: M. S. thesis of Kwangwon Univ; 2006.
- Cho SY. Korean native pig feed and management: meat quality. Chungnam: National institute of Animal Science; 2008. p. 167-91.
- Choi YS, Park BY, Lee JM, Lee SK. Comparison of carcass and meat quality characteristics between Korean native black pigs and commercial crossbred pigs. Korean J Food Sci An. 2005;25:322-7.
- Lee SK, Ju MK, Kim YS, Kang SM, Choi YS. Quality comparison between Korean black ground pork and modern genotype ground pork during refrigerated storage. Korean J Food Sci An. 2005;25:71-7.
- Sim JS. Designer eggs and their nutritional and functional significance. World Rev Nutr Diet. 1998;83:89-101.
- Du M, Ahn DU, Sell JL. Effect of dietary conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and linoleic/linolenic acid ration on polyunsaturated fatty acid status in laying hens. Poult Sci. 2000;79:1749-56. https://doi.org/10.1093/ps/79.12.1749
- Joo ST, Kauffman RG, Laack RLJM, Kim BC. Variation in rate of water loss as related to different types of post-rigor porcine musculature during storage. J Food Sci. 1999;64:865-8. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1999.tb15929.x
- Engler NM, Karanian JW, Salem JM. Influence of dietary polyunsaturated fatty acids on aortic and plate fatty acid composition in the rat. Nutr Res. 1991;11:753-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0271-5317(05)80629-3
- Decker EA, Shantha NC. Concentrations of the anticarcinogen, conjugated linoleic acid in beef. Meat Focus Int. 1994;3:61.
- Yang SJ, Kim YK, Hyon JS, Moon YH, Jung IC. Amino acid contents and meat quality properties on the loin from crossbred black and crossbred black and crossbred pigs reared in Jejudo. Korean J Food Sci An. 2005;25:7-12.